Merged: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs

BARF

...FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
does he retire or play this year, and if he signs with the fins does he play or does the f.o. tell him we brought you here for you to retire, i hope that is not the case. that would suck

He'll play somewhere. He'll probably do a sign and retire in MIA within the next two years. My guess is next year as teams trend to the 3-4.

I think Zach will find a spot somewhere. Depending on who we draft, I could even see him coming back to Miami but probably not playing on every down (just like when he was in Dallas). I just hope Zach has a shot at a ring which would probably make him a lock for the Hall of Fame.
:up:

I hope he retires. He did not play well last year. I think it is best when a player knows when it is time to say "when." That time is now for Zach IMO...

I for one simply would like to thank Zach, for all he has done. I named my son after him, and whatever he chooses, I shall forever respect him as a player, an idol, and one of the greatest Iconic figures to grace the field.

If he will come back to Miami in a backup role to Crowder, why not bring him back for 1 year or two.

They couldn't ask for a better guy to put the communications helmet on than Zach.

The perfect scenario would be to draft Scott Mckillop and let him learn from Zach and Crowder for a year or two and then beat Crowder out later.

If he will come back to Miami in a backup role to Crowder, why not bring him back for 1 year or two.

They couldn't ask for a better guy to put the communications helmet on than Zach.

The perfect scenario would be to draft Scott Mckillop and let him learn from Zach and Crowder for a year or two and then beat Crowder out later.

Very likely.. i see Zach becoming a defensive coordinator in the league in a few years.. Great offense reader and he knows how to place people around the ball

Zach was not wanted by the coaches last year, They would not want him this year. The only way he signs is to retire a Dolphin.

I think Zach plays one more year, I look for him to be signed by someone after the draft and before training camp. He will fill a hole where someone gets hurt or did not fill a ILB need in the draft.
I hope when he is ready to retire that he retires as a Fin.

I think I recall hearing on WQAM, Drew Rosenhaus his agent saying that he intends on playing this year and it could still be Dallas where he plays. This was about a month ago though.
Definitely want him to retire as a Dolphin....retire #54 too....but thats just me.

I for one simply would like to thank Zach, for all he has done. I named my son after him, and whatever he chooses, I shall forever respect him as a player, an idol, and one of the greatest Iconic figures to grace the field.

I met Zach once and the guy was not even a little bit friendly.

If he can't find a team, then he'll hang it up. He does want to play in 4-3 scheme this year, if I remember correctly.

Zach Thomas: A Chief

I know this will probably be moved, but I think any news about Zach still qualifies as Dolphins-related.

Per PFT.

Back
Top Bottom