Merged: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Zach Thomas signs with Chiefs

I think he should hang it up. But if he wants to keep playing, as long as he's not a Patriot, Jet or Bill i'm fine with it.

Other than the potential of injury, I think he's absolutely right to keep playing as long as he loves playing football. If he retires now, he'll never get to play NFL football again. As long as teams want him, I totally get why he keeps playing. How he plays now in no way diminishes his achievements from earlier in his career. I just hope he doesn't get seriously hurt. All the best to him and here's hoping he does well in Kansas City.

The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a deal with seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker Zach Thomas, reports the Kansas City Star.
Thomas, a 13-year veteran, started in 14 games for the Dallas Cowboys last season, recording 94 tackles and one sack. He joins Mike Vrabel as the second veteran linebacker signed by the Chiefs this offseason.

Thomas and Vrabel on the same team. Intresting to see.

I like Zach alot. I wish him all the best at whatever choices he makes. He is the kind of guy that makes you proud to be a fan of the team is apart of. I am concerned for his health that he is still planning on playing but fully understand that he is not ready to let this ride end. I just hope it does not turn out to have a tradjec ending. As much as I was a fan of Marino's I was relieved to see him call it quits because of his physical condition. He looked like a robot with the braces on and was really kinda sad watching him struggle to let go of something he loved so much. This is very similiar for me to watch. I am glad he got out of Dallas. I diddnt like seeing him affilated with that crew. I don't see Zach going to the HOF but I think he is one of the elite to of ever played the sport. I hope he ends his career with the dignity of walking off the field and not being carried off on a stretcher and tagged with the stigma of holding on too long. I really don't care if they sign him to retire him or not as long as his Jersy goes into the ring of honor is fine with me. If they do retire him I will do everything I can to be at that ceromony. The man deserves a standing ovation for his contrabutions to the franchise. I understand why he was released but it did leave a little spot in my heart missing when it happened.

It will be intresting to see if he does indeed cross over into coaching when his career on the field is finished. I would not mind seeing him up in the boothe annoucing games for us, if he is well spoken. I would love to hear his bias anyalisis, doing color for our games. The guys doing it now are awefull.

Other than the potential of injury, I think he's absolutely right to keep playing as long as he loves playing football. If he retires now, he'll never get to play NFL football again. As long as teams want him, I totally get why he keeps playing. How he plays now in no way diminishes his achievements from earlier in his career. I just hope he doesn't get seriously hurt. All the best to him and here's hoping he does well in Kansas City.
Well said. As long as he still wants to play and as long as there are teams willing to sign him, why should he give it up? Unless the pansies, jests, or jills are the only teams willing to sign him...:lol:

I'm glad he found a team! I always sorta liked KC for some reason anyway, and now I'll have a reason

Back
Top Bottom