MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads

just about a half hour ago my computer picked up spyware from this site and I had to shut down... The mods keep saying they are working on it but this has been going on for about 4 months, to me anyway...

I'm not making this thread to focus on the ads that cover the right corner of every first post, that speaks for itself how bad it is...

But I keep getting re-directed to junk websites and sometimes it asks "are you sure you want to redirect from this page" which is not supposed to happen, leading me to believe I'm getting spyware or something...

I understand the site needs to make money but the ads could easily be moved an inch or two to the right, not covering up the post, and something needs to be done about this spyware! I'm worried about visiting this site these days..

i agree. just trying to click on a thread i get the redirected warning and spyware thing in the bottom right. What is the deal?

I suggest downloading AdBlock Plus if you're using Firefox. That's what I've been using, got rid of all the ads.

Thanks for the advise, but we shouldnt have to download anything to come to a "trusted" site.. Besides, the more crap that is downloaded the slower my computer gets

just about a half hour ago my computer picked up spyware from this site and I had to shut down... The mods keep saying they are working on it but this has been going on for about 4 months, to me anyway...
That's what worries me, McAfee didn't pick up anything for me. I need to install another program too I believe.

I just wish they would drop these ad partners and find someone new...

LOLOL.. just as I was typing one of my opther finheaven windows was redirected to some f****** china website.. Its out of hand

cool, thanks man that was quick and easy; I just hope I stop getting redirected to spam sites, but I can actually read the whole first post now! :woot:
Your welcome bro. I never had the redirecting problem so I don't know much about it, but I imagine the AdBlock helps it.

Thanks for the advise, but we shouldnt have to download anything to come to a "trusted" site.. Besides, the more crap that is downloaded the slower my computer gets
I agree. Totally worth it though. It's free and works for all sites :)

Adblock is where it's at guys! I would have no idea about these ads/spyware if you guys didn't talk about it.

I agree. Totally worth it though. It's free and works for all sites :)
It works once I manually disable it but when I refresh it's just replaced by a different ad. They must have a million of 'em but at least I can read the first post now.

Same thing here....especially the China website redirect. I was finally forced to reboot about 15 minutes ago.

It works once I manually disable it but when I refresh it's just replaced by a different ad. They must have a million of 'em but at least I can read the first post now.
Funny, my ads never pop back up. If you right click on the ad, you should see an option that says "AdBlock Plus: Block Image". That should finish the job.

I have Firefox with AdBlock and the latest Norton Internet Security. It does the job for me. The internet is definitely hostile out there. You better have a router/firewall if you have DSL or a cable modem too.

Install this for your AdBlock ... EasyList and EasyPrivacy:

http://easylist.adblockplus.org/

It's working for me so far.

Back
Top Bottom