MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads

This site is infected with Viruses/Trojans

Be warned if you dont have an updated Virus scaner..

Theres a thread about it in the suggestions forum, if you want to know more. The staff knows about it and is working on it.

Yep there's a nasty Trojan that pops up in adobe. Norton blocks the hell out of it for me though fortunatly.

Got Linux?

tuxdroidlinuxcompanion-1.jpg

i see some funky chit go on at times also when i visit this site, grrrrrrrrr!!!!

I don't believe I've gotten any viruses. I've been using Adblock for Firefox and I never even knew the ads you guys were talking about until you mentioned them. I thought the ad was " VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP! " I guess AdBlock has been doing well for me?

Got Linux?

tuxdroidlinuxcompanion-1.jpg

Also, if you use Firefox install Adblock Plus. That will get rid of the advertisements that it sounds like are the source of the problems.....

I don't believe I've gotten any viruses. I've been using Adblock for Firefox and I never even knew the ads you guys were talking about until you mentioned them. I thought the ad was " VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP! " I guess AdBlock has been doing well for me?

You beat me to it! I have been using Adblock Plus for quite a while now. It's a great add-on for Firefox....

You beat me to it! I have been using Adblock Plus for quite a while now. It's a great add-on for Firefox....

Yeah, I haven't seen an ad in so long :lol: So I'm assuming you haven't gotten any of the viruses from this site?

its these stupid adds, every time i leave this site a got a notice saying it stoped a virus

Yeah, I haven't seen an ad in so long :lol: So I'm assuming you haven't gotten any of the viruses from this site?

Nope, no bugs for me. About 95%, or better, of the things that my family does are from a Linux or Unix-like (PC-BSD, FreeBSD, etc...) environment. That alone gets us out of the loop of the majority of the viruses, malware, and spyware. We still have Windows available on several machines if it is needed but for the most part, the only reason we log into a Windows platform is to make sure that everything is updated. That normally happens when I do my weekly maintenance....

Adblock and everything are great, I use it myself, but that doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be happening to those who don't have Adblock, Linux, etc. They shouldn't have to change anything just to come to this site. Not to mention those who access it from work (myself included) who are stuck using IE.

Though it's a good idea for them to add these safeguards to protect themselves on the internet in general, the onus is on us to fix this in regards to this site.

Adblock and everything are great, I use it myself, but that doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be happening to those who don't have Adblock, Linux, etc. They shouldn't have to change anything just to come to this site. Not to mention those who access it from work (myself included) who are stuck using IE.

You're absolutely right. People shouldn't have to deal with those types of issues. Unfortunately, the reality is that if you host a site it will always be a potential target to be used for exploiting visitors who frequent it. You kind of have to change the way you do things to protect yourself not just from problems at Finheaven but to protect yourself from the dangers of the internet as a whole.

I installed Firefox and the applications that we suggested on my work computer. It helps that I have administrative rights on it but not all workplaces allow their employees to have such rights.

Though it's a good idea for them to add these safeguards to protect themselves on the internet in general, the onus is on us to fix this in regards to this site.

Again, very true. It does need to be fixed. How long will it stay that way after doing so? It's only a matter of time before the next attack. The future problems may not be as severe as this matter but let's face it, it could actually be a lot worse. Finheaven taking ownership of this situation is the right thing to do but it is my responsibility to make sure that my machines are protected. To do that, I am willing to consider any options that will help me to realize that....

Back
Top Bottom