MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED4x: Virus alert/Trojans/Ads

We never said it wasn't. As a matter of fact, we've said quite the opposite multiple times.

Then why not advise posters of the problem, and what they can do to resolve it? IMO, you are ignoring the problem on your main forum, and putting people at risk. Just a little food for thought.

Then why not advise posters of the problem, and what they can do to resolve it? IMO, you are ignoring the problem on your main forum, and putting people at risk. Just a little food for thought.
That's what this forum is for. The main forum is for Miami Dolphins discussion. Thank you for your concern.

Thank you. FOr this site all that I allow are A) this site obviously lol and b) yahooapis

If you only allowed this site to run it would still work fine you just wouldn't have the fly-outs from what I have tested so far.

I hear you. Everything else that I feel is not needed, I block. I take the best whitelist that I have and import it on the profiles of the rest of my users. I then ask them not to permanently allow anything without asking. They send me feedback about sites that they have questions about, I test them, update my whitelist as needed and then provide them with feedback on what to block. It takes a little work getting it set up but once I get it right, it's all good!

We are aware there is a problem and we are working towards a solution. This is not a conspiracy to sign up for VIP or anything like that. There appears to be something attached to one of the ads and we are working fast to solve the problem.

Just so you all know, this ad problem has affected me also. For the time being if you do get one of these messages, restore your computer back to an earlier date and that will solve the problem. If you can not restore your computer, run it in safe mode, then you can restore it. Again, we ARE aware of the problem, we are working to fix it, and we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

System restore will not remove a virus that is already found its way onto the computer.

It will take you back to an earlier point of course but you will need to use other means such as a malware removal program to remove virus issues. When you run a removal program make sure to turn off system restore before doing so and then run it in safe mode. After you have run the scan turn System Restore back on and create a new restore point.

It is still no guarantee you will get everything so multiple removal programs may be needed. If a pop up program appears and asks to scan your computer don't do it. Chances are it will be a rogue program and will infect you even more.

Another thing. Never run more than one anti-virus program at the same time. They will conflict and cause you to be more vulnerable.

Your missing the most important part of the equation and that's Noscript. No script will prevent any script from running from any website without your permission. If one of these adds contain a script (and this goes for ANY SITE) that transfers a virus or even spam to your computer Noscript will stop it. When you will get is a small bar at the bottom of your page letting you know scripts have been prevented on this page. If you click the options button on the bottom right you can allow or disallow any aspect of any script that is used to create the web pages. Even adds. SO just having and using firefox alone will not protect your computer from these typs of attacks.

firefox-1.png

what theme is that? looks pretty cool

what theme is that? looks pretty cool

heheh, Well.... Its Anycolor with some photoshoped header and footer. If your not into Photoshop I would be glad to send you the files.

Ps infact here is the header and footer enjoy!

Attachments

• dolphin_porter_footer.png
    dolphin_porter_footer.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 6
  • dolphin_porter_header.png
    dolphin_porter_header.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 5
That's what this forum is for. The main forum is for Miami Dolphins discussion. Thank you for your concern.

WOW!!! So, you're saying that you could care less about posters at risk of having their computer screwed, because your only obligation is to making sure that the only thing discussed is Dolphin?

UNBELIEVABLE!

Viruses, Trojans....

Somewhere I read someone got a trojan from here. Well my computer told me I've been infected and it keps pulling up bogus pages from Microsoft, WTF!

...my desktop has become useless because of these ads... I can't even get my OS to run... I am so afraid that I may have lost my kids pictures... somebody needs to fix this issue...

My home pc completely crashed last night. I can't even turn on now and right before thatt happened I kept getting some message saying my computer was trying to give out my credit card to third parties. Gonna cost me a bunch, thanks! Went right thru my antivirus, AVG!

Seriously... I think I have lost my desk top to FinHeaven's ads... I am not the most computer literate guy, but I know a little... I got the PDF pop up and now can't get windows to open... FH was the only thing I had up in FireFox... I am going to die if I lost my kids photos... please see if you can find out what that PDF thing is and see if you can help me out...

Has the finheaven site been hijacked?

Sometimes when reading this site I get pop-up windows where a fake virus scan is started. I am no expert on computers, but it certainly seems as if there is some kind of script/virus/malware operating on the site. This has been going on for at least a month. Anyone else having the same issues?

Back
Top Bottom