Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

Yeah that sucks and John Clayton is reporting it's for a fifth round pick which is a good deal for the jets IMO

this blows, and we couldn't give a 5th, bill is make me very angry just sitting there and doing nothing, while our rival is stocking up, i think the jets are paying some of his salary

i don't understand how the jets are able to make these moves

are you telling me that the other 30 teams in the league weren't willing to give up a 4th or 5th for him?

I applaud the Jets for making moves to improve their roster. I'll admit I'm envious as hell.

Though we have seen reports of Brown on the block, maybe Thigpen and Ginn too. Though you do have to replace those players how will it be done? Draft? Talk about making a young team even younger....

The deal itself is a steal, a 5th rounder for a WR w/ Holmes talent BUT we have added a few problems off the field this offseason. As long as they focus on football and stay out of trouble these are great moves but we'll see. Talent wise it's not an issue, these are slam dunk moves but there is more to winning than just talent.

As long as the player ****s off in the offseason after he's produced for your team, who gives a damn? :)

i really wanted to come in and rub it in.....but i sorta feel your guys pain so i won't do it. i watched for years as it seemed the jets never made even one aggressive move to get better while other teams would always be making the moves i wanted to see the jets make. now we have a GM who is hellbent on trying to make this team a contender. and, like him or not, a coach who took a mediocre defense and, in one year, turned them into the nfl's best. and they only look like they will be even better next year. this has looke dlike a pretty great offseason so far for the jets. not only because i think we've already improved every position that we have addressed so far...but because oour FO has pretty much set us up to take BPA with every pick this year. although our one "need" appears to be DE. some would say NT but w elost one of the best NT' sin the game for the seaosn last year and our defense was still tops in the nfl......so that's not so glaring. i'd say our first round pick will go towards BPA at either DE or S. that said......i still think you guys are gonna have a tough team to beat. also this wouldn't be complete without me addressing sanchez. he really looked to be finally "getting it" in th eplay-offs. no, he didn't carry the team on his back to the AFC championship. but he was a rookie with all of one season starting in college. the game was slowing down for him finally and hopefully that continues. despite all these moves sanchex will still need to have improved for us to really be a legitimate contender.

Shefter just said thathe WILL be suspended for 4 games. Still, how many 5th rounders even sniff the field in 4 games, or 4 seasons for that matter???

Shefter just said thathe WILL be suspended for 4 games. Still, how many 5th rounders even sniff the field in 4 games, or 4 seasons for that matter???

I agree in 12 games Holmes will produce more then any of our receivers! Let alone our fifth round picks like Nalbone!

Still, Holmes playing in at least 12 games during the year for a 5th rd pick is a move I'd make every day of the week.

1st good move of the offseason for the Jets, though you have to wonder what Holme's problem is. A 5th? Sheesh.

Simply put the Jets got B. Edwards and S. Holmes for Nalbone and Turner. Who got the better deal!

This just popped in my mind. Holmes or keep our 4th? I think it fits the situation :lol:
[youtube]r7HmAPsCj-g[/youtube]

I've been all for the "Draft CJ Spiller" or "Draft Dez Bryant" Bandwagons. We need those offensive (Possible)Threats around Henne, and soon.

But now that the Jets have Holmes...and for a 5TH No less, It looks like Miami's "Luxury-Possibility" of building their offense threats just went out the ****ing window. It's gotta be Defense at #12. and Most likely Defense in the 2nd too.

This just popped in my mind. Holmes or keep our 4th? I think it fits the situation :lol:
This clip is awesome and should be used any time someone tries to justify not giving up a mid-round draft pick for established talent.

A receiving corps of Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and Jerricho Cotchery with Dustin Keller at tight end and Shaun Greene, LT, and Leon at running back with a developing QB in Sanchez who played his best football when it mattered most. And then throw in arguably the best O-Line in the NFL and the number 1 ranked defense in the NFL. Very nice.

Back
Top Bottom