Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

The sky is falling!

Relax everyone. There is a plan and we're half way through it. This upcoming draft is a big part of our resurgence. The Jets have an older team. They're not looking to the long term future.

Sanchez is decent but he will never be great. Braylon Edwards is decent but he will never be great. Their Offensive and defensive lines are older than Asia and more susceptible to injury (read: Jenkins, Fanaca, Woody, Tomlinson etc.). They will be better next year, but so will we.

I'm just saying it's crazy to crown the Jets as Superbowl champions BEFORE the upcoming draft. Let's see what a different philosophy produces over three years. This is the year we should make the playoffs and begin our ascent.

I believe it was Nolan who built the Baltimore defense, not Ryan. Nolan will have more than a few tricks up his sleeve for Mr. Sanchez.

______

Incidentally, why do I get the feeling the Jets are going to try to make a move up in the first round to get CJ Spiller?

I wouldn't put it past them to trade next year's number one for the right to draft CJ Spiller. And if they do that, you know what? I don't really care. They're mortgaging their future. They will be left with an awesome cornerback duo and pretty good running back tandem. But watch their lines (both sides - o and d) begin to atrophe and wither.

Sanchez had outstanding protection last year. What happens when that protection cracks? I'll tell you what: Sanchez throws interceptions.

WOW bud....if you think the Jets won't be a preseason AFC favorite right along with the Patriots, Colts and Chargers, you're nuts.

They have some older vets..SO DO WE. You act like LT is their main back...did you not see Greene tear it up in the Playoffs? Guess not..the guy is a beast, and he's their future.

Have you forgotten they still have draft picks to....think they might address an offensive lineman slot or two. Didn't we waste our #2 and #3 last season....pretty high picks to err on wouldn't you think?

Face it..the Jets have more talent than us at almost every position..it sucks but that's how it is right now.

Nolan won't be able to do crap with that defense if he has too many gaps in it because we don't have the talent to play the scheme yet. Dansby will not be our savior all by himself.

How well do you think any of our rookies from this years draft will do in their first season? Odds are they won't do much. It will be a year of many mistakes, and you can count on it.

So while we sit holding onto our draft picks like they're diamonds, and letting teams like the Jets trade a 3 and a 5 for high quality vets in their EARLY prime, and burning us for years to come...prepare for a loooooong draining season Bro.

[/b]
WOW bud....if you think the Jets won't be a preseason AFC favorite right along with the Patriots, Colts and Chargers, you're nuts.

They have some older vets..SO DO WE. You act like LT is their main back...did you not see Greene tear it up in the Playoffs? Guess not..the guy is a beast, and he's their future.

Have you forgotten they still have draft picks to....think they might address an offensive lineman slot or two. Didn't we waste our #2 and #3 last season....pretty high picks to err on wouldn't you think?

Face it..the Jets have more talent than us at almost every position..it sucks but that's how it is right now.

Nolan won't be able to do crap with that defense if he has too many gaps in it because we don't have the talent to play the scheme yet. Dansby will not be our savior all by himself.

How well do you think any of our rookies from this years draft will do in their first season? Odds are they won't do much. It will be a year of many mistakes, and you can count on it.

So while we sit holding onto our draft picks like they're diamonds, and letting teams like the Jets trade a 3 and a 5 for high quality vets in their EARLY prime, and burning us for years to come...prepare for a loooooong draining season Bro.

Well said!!

Holmes to Jets! Hellooooo Management!

I can't take it anymore! Santonio Holmes just went to the Jets for a 5th round draft pick!? Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on?! We are starved for a number one receiver and have been for how long now? We lack the ability to strike quick if needed and we seem to be headed in the wrong direction since now we're looking to trade down in the draft. It's frustrating to see how the most despised team in the league is stocking their roster while we are supposedly going to build through the draft. We apparently lost games last year due to leadership issues, but if Jason Taylor is being swept off his feet and joins the Jets then there goes another piece of leadership out the door. Maybe there's a master plan in the works but all I see is regression. Thoughts?

Tannebaum has done a nice job putting a starting roster on the field but he is sacrificing his depth to do it. For the Jets to win the AFC East, they will have to stay healthy.

This ought make Ross real happy! Ross was vocal about wanting an upgrade at WR and one falls to our division rival twice for peanuts and the FO does nothing! This is why Kraft and Jones took over, this is why the Giants refused to give Parcells total contol.

Jets got a steal, I think Eric Berry has to be the pick. We need to move up, we need a strong secondary to shut them down.

Will they be able to afford this team in 2011 when their is a cap

and if there's no cap there wont be football so its a wasted year anyways (Id hate to see that though)

trade 2nd and a 6th for Marshall even though Ive never been a fan of this idea(could happen they just got Holmes for 5th)

draft Earl Thomas we need to be able to cover this ****

Davis
Smith
Thomas
Bell
Allen looks pretty good for a secondary

Try to get back in to the first or early second to get to get a OLB (not Ronnie cause then we need a RB)
And get a NT in the 3rd

Dam it dam it dam it a f***ing 5th are you serious

Damn you guys are screaming like little girls and Chicken Littles. So the Jets got Santonio Holmes.... big F'ing deal. They still have Sanchez throwing the ball and he sucks.

In the word of Denny Green " if you want to crown em, then crown their ***"!! The Jets thought Grandpa Favre was their way to get a championship.....NOPE! on paper the jets look decent BUT they have 16 games to play! Brady, Moss and Welker is better combo than Sanchez, Edwards and Holmes, ask NE how many rings they got with wes and randy.....ZERO!!! Now guess how many the Jets are gonna have.....ZERO!!! Have FAITH that we are putting together a killer squad, u see what happens to players who dont perform...porter,wilson, roth ...GONE! THE DOLPHINS WILL BE A MAJOR TEAM THIS YEAR!!!
Way to be a complete homer. The Pats were the best team in 2007 and it wasn't even close.

I'd like to see this killer squad we're assembling with no #1 WR, an injury prone RB, no TE, no NT, no OLB, and no FS.

Miami herald reporting jets trade for holmes

I'm on my phone so can't post link but Armando is reporting jets have traded for santonio holmes.

Here is the link.... http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/04/is-ronnie-brown-likely-to-get-traded.html
.... Scroll to bottom of the page.
Seems legit... Thoughts?

Great deal for the Jets (even if LW is involved) but I'm not anointing them superbowl champs just yet. Holmes wouldn't have helped them in the least last year, it doesnt matter who the receiver is if Sanchez is throwing it 6 feet over their head. If Sanchez all of a sudden plays lights out this year the Jets would be better than us with or without Holmes, but with him they might find themselves in the SB game. If Sanchez sucks the AFC East is still a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom