Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

We BETTER have Marshall or Dez on this team come draft day or I'm not getting Sunday Ticket this year.

:err: The Fins could go 0-16 for 3-4 consecutive years and I'd still get my NFL ticket. I'm addicted.

The sky is falling!

Relax everyone. There is a plan and we're half way through it. This upcoming draft is a big part of our resurgence. The Jets have an older team. They're not looking to the long term future.

Sanchez is decent but he will never be great. Braylon Edwards is decent but he will never be great. Their Offensive and defensive lines are older than Asia and more susceptible to injury (read: Jenkins, Fanaca, Woody, Tomlinson etc.). They will be better next year, but so will we.

I'm just saying it's crazy to crown the Jets as Superbowl champions BEFORE the upcoming draft. Let's see what a different philosophy produces over three years. This is the year we should make the playoffs and begin our ascent.

I believe it was Nolan who built the Baltimore defense, not Ryan. Nolan will have more than a few tricks up his sleeve for Mr. Sanchez.

______

Incidentally, why do I get the feeling the Jets are going to try to make a move up in the first round to get CJ Spiller?

I wouldn't put it past them to trade next year's number one for the right to draft CJ Spiller. And if they do that, you know what? I don't really care. They're mortgaging their future. They will be left with an awesome cornerback duo and pretty good running back tandem. But watch their lines (both sides - o and d) begin to atrophe and wither.

Sanchez had outstanding protection last year. What happens when that protection cracks? I'll tell you what: Sanchez throws interceptions.

In the word of Denny Green " if you want to crown em, then crown their ***"!! The Jets thought Grandpa Favre was their way to get a championship.....NOPE! on paper the jets look decent BUT they have 16 games to play! Brady, Moss and Welker is better combo than Sanchez, Edwards and Holmes, ask NE how many rings they got with wes and randy.....ZERO!!! Now guess how many the Jets are gonna have.....ZERO!!! Have FAITH that we are putting together a killer squad, u see what happens to players who dont perform...porter,wilson, roth ...GONE! THE DOLPHINS WILL BE A MAJOR TEAM THIS YEAR!!!
So the fact that NE came up just short of winning a Super Bowl after a going 18-0 up to that point somehow makes getting weapons overrated?

These here about sum up my feelings on this trade:
zn095w-1.gif

NOOOOO-1.gif

In the word of Denny Green " if you want to crown em, then crown their ***"!! The Jets thought Grandpa Favre was their way to get a championship.....NOPE! on paper the jets look decent BUT they have 16 games to play! Brady, Moss and Welker is better combo than Sanchez, Edwards and Holmes, ask NE how many rings they got with wes and randy.....ZERO!!! Now guess how many the Jets are gonna have.....ZERO!!! Have FAITH that we are putting together a killer squad, u see what happens to players who dont perform...porter,wilson, roth ...GONE! THE DOLPHINS WILL BE A MAJOR TEAM THIS YEAR!!!

...you see we still have GINN and CHOWER right? Haven't they pretty much sucked for the most part of the last 3 seasons?

Have Faith?! I have faith in GOD, not some overpaid ball-less schmucks in our FO!
:koolbang:

Apparently Leon Washington and a 5th rounder may be the compensation for Holmes. That is what PFT is speculating.

That would soften the blow a bit because Leon is a definite weapon for them. I still think the Jets got the better end of the deal. I would have given em Ginn and a 4th. We BETTER have Marshall or Dez on this team come draft day or I'm not getting Sunday Ticket this year.
Maybe not:
Though we're not yet prepared to declare with 100 percent certainty that this rumor is off the mark, it's highly unlikely that Washington would be part of the deal. In order to be traded, Washington must first sign his restricted free agency tender offer. Given the apparent speed with which this deal transpired, it's unlikely that Washington inked the deal before the Steelers and the Jets worked out their trade.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-trade-package-only-after-signing-his-tender/

Man we r done Vontae and Smith will be killed with all these receivers this Jets have, next year we bring in a rookie safety and that can be a disaster. We dont have a NT that can effectively stop the run our Tightends are alright close to mediocre. and if our starting lineup of receivers involve Camarillo, Hartline and Bess we r done for the year. Ronnie injury prone and Ricky is old man get ready for a display of filedgoals. We will make our Kicker the most valuable player in our team. and I dont want to start on our starting OLB, Wake and Anderson and we expect that rookies will help us get to the playoffs??

this is like randy moss to the patriots for the 4th rounder all over again! what are these teams doing!!!!!!!!!!!! he JUST got the super MVP! come on mannn

We could have the best draft ever in a few days and it wouldn't matter. It's going to be really, really hard to beat the jets now...

If S. Holmes is only worth a 5th, we would have to give Ginn+ a 3rd just to get another team to take Ginn!

Serious Now the only way we can be contenders of anything is if we actually get Marshall or I guarantee you guys we will not be able to move the ball vs that Jets D period. We will get 150 yards 3 ints and we wont be able to stop them either. It feels like our front office signed Dansby and they all went on a 2 month vacation.

Back
Top Bottom