Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mergedx6: Sources: Santonio Holmes to Jets

The funny thing about this trade it makes me laugh that people on here think the Dolphins front office are going to get a 3rd or a 4th round pick for Smiley.

The Dolphins would be really lucky to get a 6 round pick.

What GM is going to trade for a aging player who can't stay healthy?

A 5th rounder for Holmes is terrific value. Have a pretty nice receiving core now.

Jets get Santonio for 5th pick (possibly more?)

hey, but that's ok, our WR's "work really hard" and "have great chemistry". :rolleyes2:

I better see some serious draft day dealings from this team.

After having the night to calm down, Ill say there has to be more to this than we know. Holmes has to be in really deep crap or something.

That said, if things are as they appear and there is nothing deeper to this, our FO is ****ing retarded.

Holmes to the Jets for a fifth round pick? Who needs a wide receiver anyway! :rolleyes2:

/sarcasm

Looks like Leon Washington may also have been involved, per Rotoworld. Would make a little more sense, just a little more though...

Looks like Leon Washington may also have been involved, per Rotoworld. Would make a little more sense, just a little more though...

Yeah something else had to have been in the works. Apparently when they re-sign Washington he will be traded to the Steelers.

Yeah something else had to have been in the works. Apparently when they re-sign Washington he will be traded to the Steelers.
Washington hasnt signed his tender yet. Besides, if he was a part of the deal I think the Steelers would say so. At the moment they look like they got raped, so they would be sure to let people know the raping wasnt quite as bad as it looks.

The deal itself is a steal, a 5th rounder for a WR w/ Holmes talent BUT we have added a few problems off the field this offseason. As long as they focus on football and stay out of trouble these are great moves but we'll see. Talent wise it's not an issue, these are slam dunk moves but there is more to winning than just talent.

This deal made me sad to be a Phins fan. The Jets have done everything this offseason I would hope our team would do. That's the definition of depressing right there.

Back
Top Bottom