Miami 18th in total defense | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami 18th in total defense

Good performance by the defense. Given what they showed today, I am expecting another strong showing against an inept New York Jets offense. Fins crossed!

Our Defense is 3rd in the NFL in PPG allowed. This is against the very capable offenses of SD, New Orleans, and Atlanta. Pretty impressive.

I’m not happy with how terrifying the offense has looked. It has to get better and quick.

Even after the Falcons awesome comeback win, I'm still worried about the offense. Just Cutler to be honest. I was totally wrong about him ,but I was at least right about us having a talented enough D to be top 15 :) We have way to much talent on Offense to be so inept as well so let's see things play out. Very proud to be a Fins fan and to have all you guys and girls staying true to the our Miami Dolphins. Either ride or die and we seen some willing to stop being fans because Cutler sucks and Tannehill is finally considered highly valuable around here.
Great win yesterday!! PHINS UP Brother!!! Oh ya, Gotta give Reshad the GOD a shout out!!! Still arguably the best Safety in the league and it showed once again Sunday.

I'd imagine the only thing keeping us from being last in time of possession is how much time we spend getting to the line and snapping the ball. Do these stats penalize ToP for delay of game penalties?

I have no clue how the DVOA stats work lol I am too lazy to even look. All I know is our Defense has played stellar. I'll eat crow with Cutty but I have to mention I said this D was easily top 15 talent wise. They're even exceeding my expectations. A Defense with Wake/Hayes, Suh, Phillips/Godchaux, Branch/Harris, Alonso, Timmons, Rey, Howard, Tank (what a steal, no wonder the Fins thought about him in the first), and Reshad the GOD is simply too talented. Very proud to be a Dolphins fan and to have all the "real" fans stick it out even when things are at their worst. Trust in Gase. He told the world he would NEVER lose to Dan Quinn again!! No more fire Gase threads please guys. The man put together a talented roster and has been through hell this offseason yet still we're a 3-2 football team with a QB who cannot throw over 150 yds lol ride this D and Ajayi and great things will continue to happen. Fins up DahlMarino!!!

I believe you brother. I'm just messing around and not directly at you. You've always been a good poster for the site. I'm just so tired of looking like a middle school team..We look terrible. Ya, I'll have to take a good look into DVOA. No, brother keep posting it. I just don't understand it that well that's all. Would that system of rating defenses catch the Reshad Jones 5 yd TFL Vs. the Saints or Brees BS 4th and 1 spot (or no since officially the play was what it was)? I'm sure it wouldn't but I figured Id ask. I'd love to know more about it. Keep posting where's th'fish!! I think as a fan base we're all just disgusted with our play this season. If you felt like I was discounting your post, I am very sorry. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me or make me feel like that I couldn't post real stats. I'm so bummed how this season is turning out even though we're 2-2. Now onto the good teams!! As if Jay Cutler didn't have enough trouble against the Jets, Saints, and Titans defenses, welcome to Atlanta Jay!! I went from being extremely confident every game to not knowing if we'll score a TD. Something's gotta give man. With Parker out, we'd be very dumb not to throw a few go routes to Jakeem. At least try and not with Marqueis Gray on the field lol (Jakeem had a for sure TD that play) Sucks when you need points like we do. Cutler needs to throw the ball with balance which will lead to velocity and accuracy (not on skates like he's shown). Usually a win's a win to me but I cannot even consider last week something to be happy about. We all know if Mariota was playing we'd have gotten destroyed. You could say the same thing about RT. His value around here had to go up tenfold. Battle of the backup bums last week. Cutler could be a hero if we somehow beat the Falcons. I'm sure Gase knows his 0-2 record against Dan Quinn probably will extend to 0-3. Or maybe just maybe we could come out and play like a professional football team. You have a good one brother!! Hopefully tomorrow afternoon you can post updated DVOA stats with a W. You have great day!! PHINS UP!!!

I only meant stop posting about DVOA :) ...anyway, no, when the refs screw the pooch DVOA won't capture that

I only meant stop posting about DVOA :) ...anyway, no, when the refs screw the pooch DVOA won't capture that

Oh gotcha (: I was gonna say..You're a great member so I was sort've shocked. Keep doing what you're doing brother. We have a talented team and now that the defense is playing up to their talent level, it's all up to Cutler. Yes, very scary. I don't see how we wouldn't be 5-0 with our starting QB. Ryan is probably wondering where the F was this defense when I wasn't hurt lol Timmons (damn that man is a monster), Hayes(made the play of the game on the run stop), Rey, Harris, Tank, and others have propelled our D to another level. Reshad is worth every penny. What a play by a rookie CB in a huge situation. Great players make great plays in crunch time. I was so excited about Tank. It's a blessing he fell to the 3rd round!! Tank, Reshad, Mcdonald, and Howard look like they're going to be a top unit sooner than later. PHINS UP Brother!!

Like I've been saying.... The defense has played well enough for the Dolphins to be the lone unbeaten team left in the NFL.

Personally, I am floored by the way they've performed through 5 games this season. Hell of a job.

There's even more room for growth with all the first/second year guys continuing to develop, and you've got to expect T.J. will have a much bigger impact over Nate Allen.

Like I've been saying.... The defense has played well enough for the Dolphins to be the lone unbeaten team left in the NFL.

Personally, I am floored by the way they've performed through 5 games this season. Hell of a job.

There's even more room for growth with all the first/second year guys continuing to develop, and you've got to expect T.J. will have a much bigger impact over Nate Allen.

I can’t wait to see TJ playing. I want to see this D shut Brady down!

They were dreadful against the Jets. That was before Tank and Timmons entered the lineup, but they were dreadful.

Our defense is playing damn good football right now, but they were not playing damn good football in week 2.

Back
Top Bottom