Miami are picking up Ju'Wuan James' 5th year option, per PFF | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami are picking up Ju'Wuan James' 5th year option, per PFF

Hes an average starting RT. Once training camp ends, the coaching staff will know Eric Smith (UDFA) will be his replacement. I can't believe he went undrafted.

Ole Ted Slimm posted this back in October I believe. I trust his opinion above all others.

"I'm glad you brought him up, because he's a kid who I've been really impressed with for a long time. I have a Round 3 grade on him, and that'll go up if he tests as well as he plays."

"He sticks out like a sore thumb on Virginia's offensive line because of his hustle, attitude, and nastiness."

"He plays until the echo of the whistle every snap. Plays the game right on the edge...he goes as far as you can possibly go without getting a flag. It's perfection. I love it. Always hustling and looking for somebody to hit. He plays with an aggressiveness and nastiness that's not very common. I think this is one of those guys that you can kick inside and not have to worry about that guard spot for a decade. I just haven't seen many like him to be honest. He's been a pillar of strength and durability on the Cavs offensive line since he was a true freshman.

The Pittsburgh game is ideal in terms of illustrating what I'm talking about. Everybody should watch the Pitt/UVA game and just watch #72. They'll get it pretty quick, it won't take long."

Funny thing is Slim loved the James pick too. Said it was absolutely the right pick when we drafted him and James would make a really good pass blocker. Apparently he likes both players here.

I'm just happy this is a yr I don't have to post on here to cut Dallas Thomas and billy turner everyday. I don't believe there's any scrubs left to cut. Phins trending upwards.

If Eric Smith develops into a viable starting RT then trade James for a 3rd pick can only help.

Gase apparently wants his ol to run block as well as pass block. James isn't the run blocker that most RT's tend to be.

Back
Top Bottom