Miami at Louisville | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami at Louisville

Alex44 said:
you guys need to change the stadium name.....it doesnt scare anyone

Yeah, unfortunately U of L needed the money for the new stadium, so we had to take Papa John's money. It seats 42,000, but they are getting ready to ramp up efforts to expand it to like 60,000 or something.

Hmmm...in 2010 I'll be sitting in the Pizza Hut expansion section at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium with the Cards playing on UPS field. Sponsership money gone wild...:D

LouPhinFan said:
Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

you will see a focused miami team..dont be surprised if Miami D holds up against you guys :wink:

my boy Nate harris plays for louisville..good Linebacker..i know him from playing against him in High School..down here in Miami...I wished him luck when he came home

should be a good game :yes:

UF Fin Kat said:
not under coker.

I don't follow UM football. I've heard that alot of the fans want him gone. What's his deal? Is he not a good coach? Poor motivator? Poor recruiter?

UF Fin Kat said:
not under coker.
last year, this miami team went to Virginia Tech and killed the Hokies..Everybody picked miami to lose that game..it was "us against the world" that Miami was in...I dont know who fired up that team..but they were on a mission to Blacksburg, V.A.

LouPhinFan said:
I don't follow UM football. I've heard that alot of the fans want him gone. What's his deal? Is he not a good coach? Poor motivator? Poor recruiter?
Miami fans want improvement..Larry has a 53-10 record and a national championship but every since the National Championship, hes been sliding down...every year is 9-3..thats not miami football

hes not a good recruiter...hes a ok recruiter, but not good...Larry isnt a good Gameday coach either..hes a good OC though, thats one thing hes good at

if larry doesnt get to the ACC Championship game, his days is numbered

well no one is predicting miami to get blown out here. there is no "us against the world" thing here. miami is favored.

Miami is a five point underdog as of now

Miami is a 5-point underdog, marking only the sixth time it hasn't been favored since the 2000 season. The Hurricanes have never lost as an underdog in coach Larry Coker's tenure, most recently recording a 27-7 win at Virginia Tech last season -- a game where the Hokies were favored by 6 1/2 points.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-t25-underdogmiami&prov=ap&type=lgns

the Hurricanes feel like this is their season.. this team will be ready to play

Man, the only reason Miami have done anything in the past few years, aside from the talent they've had, is because the likes of Winslow, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Eric Winston, Jaoquin Gonzalez, and even Kyle Wright have been natural born, unquestioned leaders when they've needed to be.

Coker couldn't motivate a Bear to take a **** in the woods.

Miami is the underdog in this game, and we're 7-2 under Coker against ranked teams in away games. It won't be a blowout, but Miami will be ranked a bit higher on Monday.:wink:

Miami and Louisville are similar teams in similar situations. Both team's BCS chances are pending on this game. Both teams are going to be very focused.

Just because Louisville's offense is one of the best in the nation, let's not forget about their defense... most def not a push over. GO CARDS!

LouPhinFan said:
Trust me, there is no way U of L does not score at least 20 points in this one. I don't care how good Miami's D is. Yeah we lost Bush, but the 2 guys we have to pick up the slack are still pretty good. Kolby Smith is an all around back that can power and has a little bit of speed to him. He's got experience. Stripling is as fast or faster than any UM defensive player. The thing I worry about is U of L's secondary. Rod Council, our best starting CB, (he's a sophomore if that tells you anything about the rest of our secondary) got hurt in the Temple game and won't be playing. I'm sure Miami will go deep often.

As far as the "never facing a D like UM" crap, we have, back in 2004! Brohm played the finally 12 minutes in that one and led a scoring drive. Don't get me wrong UM is really good, but they aren't the monster they have been in the past. They aren't even as good as they were 2 years ago. I remember the first half of that game. UM defenders shrugging their shoulders and arguing amongst them selves because they couldn't understand the offense they were facing. Damn Hester punt return and dropped interception was the difference in the game.

All that being said, if the game was in the Orange Bowl, I would call it even. U of L just simply overwhelms opponents in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. No U of L won't hang 50 points on the 'canes, but they will score close to 30.

U of L 31 UM 21

Man, all I'm a say is . . . this similar Canes team went into what many would consider a more hostile environment in Blacksburg last year, 7 point underdog . . . and that D completely discombobulated the Va Tech offense . . IN THEIR HOUSE. Now the Canes go back on the road as an underdog again (better D and better offense IMO). Canes took Louiville light 2 years ago, but still won the game . . . best believe this Miami team has something to prove . . because if they lose . . . they don't play for 2 weeks . . .and it will be the longest 2 weeks that Coker and this program has ever seen . . . Miami is playing for pride right about now. They will be ultra motivated.

Back
Top Bottom