Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2008 Season- Prediction Thread

We are gonna have some fun this season. I cant seriuosyl believe one fan here believes we have a shot at the superbowl, so its a 'free' year to go out, get these youung guys some experience and play spoiler to a few teams while racking up a few victories ourselves. I think best we can do is 8-8, but will go for 6-10. Cannot wait for this season. :)

We had two quality receivers in Coles and Cotchery. Who do the dolphins have? Ginn has shown barely anything and beyond him I have no clue. We struck gold when we drafted Mangold (pun intended) at center, D'Brick is still developing, but we had veterans on that line that gave Pennington protection. Our defense turned it on after our bye and was 6th overall after that bye.

I see this team more like the 07 jets. Developing defense that will struggle. Below average oline. Pennington will be forced into throws he knows he can't make and it could result in costly interceptions. Expect to see Beck or Henne by week 7 or 8.

I see what you mean however, Cotch was unproven at the time, Coles ofcourse everyone knew was Penny's favorite target. The o-line was ok at best, Kendall did make a difference on that line. This 08 Dolphin defense can, and has the potential of being a very good defense, better than the Jets defense in 06 and now. I hope you are not one of those Jets fans that really believes that Penny was not the reason your team went to the playoffs three times since 02, with 06 being the last time, which is after the shoulder surgeries. I am not saying that Penny is a great QB, but with a strong running game his numbers will be in the top ten and if you have a top 10 QB and a strong running game you're gonna win games.

1)We finally kick the **** out of the Jets and Bills at least once out of two tries.

2)Ricky has a nice season.

3)Going out on a limb here but......Ronnie gets injured:lol: Ok that one is just a joke.

3)The defense finishes in the upper half of the NFL in yards and PPG against.

4)The offense shows some respectability and scores enough to win us some games

5)John Beck averages 2.7 drops of the clipboard per game and his supporters suggest it wasnt his fault for a variety of reasons(someone greases it as a gag, that string that hangs from it to attach to his belt gets snagged etc etc..)

6)Someone on our defense has more sacks than Jason Taylor does for Washington

7)We win more games than Washington

8)Will Allen continues to show he is an excellent corner with top notch tackling skills on the outside and only a handful of posters give him credit for it

9)Ted Ginn takes at least 3 kick returns(punt or KO) back for scores

10)Ted Ginn has a nice season as a receiver

11)Wilford shows us why we signed him, leading the team in TD catches

12)Martin winds up outproducing Fasano in receiving numbers yet everyone will continue to bash him and pretend Fasano is damn near a pro bowl TE

13)Satele will miss a bunch of blocks and no one will notice in the midst of pretending he is a great C

14)Jason Allen will hardly see the field unless a bunch of injuries happen and people will continue to suggest he is improving and should be given a shot

15)The phins win between 7-11 games

EDIT : 16) Someone will bash me personally for at least one of these predictions. 17)There will be at least one player that I dont already hate on that I will begin to during or after the season.

Finally WV

You've convinced me!!!

yes
you
have
!!!

...that the Fins will finish a respectable 7-9!!! (tied with the Jets)
(but nothing would make me happier than you throwing this prediction back at me this time next year!)

1565rtg-1.jpg

Man, you guys are bringing me down, all these 6-10, 7-9s. Realism mixed with a little bit of optimism is the ultimate combination, trusteth me.

DL is getting some push, looks sharp. I can see the secondary surprising. Pennington will have some ups, some downs. Ricky and Ronnie will run a muck behind this young powerful OL. Ginn will likely be used mostly in short passes in space to create, and create he will, much like Welker did for the Pats. LBs are average, and don't look good in coverage at all.

Because of the OL/Ronnie/Ricky/Ginn alone, if we have a halfway decent defense which I anticipate we will, we won't lose more than 8 games. So my prediction is 9-7.

edit: oh, and a little prediction. Fasano will surprise and amass around 600 yards receiving with 3 to 5 TD catches.

We will be 2-0 after the first game. THAT’S HOW BAD WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE jets!!!!

I predict a vast improvement on last years performances and results , i can see the Phins with a 9-7 record and perhaps sneaking a wildcard spot . Biggest improvement will be the Defensive line and the running game(helped by our new OL .

I see what you mean however, Cotch was unproven at the time, Coles ofcourse everyone knew was Penny's favorite target. The o-line was ok at best, Kendall did make a difference on that line. This 08 Dolphin defense can, and has the potential of being a very good defense, better than the Jets defense in 06 and now. I hope you are not one of those Jets fans that really believes that Penny was not the reason your team went to the playoffs three times since 02, with 06 being the last time, which is after the shoulder surgeries. I am not saying that Penny is a great QB, but with a strong running game his numbers will be in the top ten and if you have a top 10 QB and a strong running game you're gonna win games.

But cotchery had a stellar training camp in 2006 and right out the gate week 1 he started showing his potential and has continued to excel ever since.

The offense we had up in new york played to Pennington's strengths. Without him, yes I do not think we would have made the playoffs in 06. We ran an offense that was smoke and mirrors and worked well. 07 though defenses caught on, our oline was one of the worst, and pennington was a liability.

Pennington will NEVER be a top 10 quarterback. You're fooling yourself if you believe that. IF you give him solid pass protection, he can be a good game manager. But once you guys fall behind, it will be time to rely on chad's arm, and that is something a team NEVER wants, with his arm strength the way it is.

6-10

Pennington hurts his shoulder again but Henne will step up and impress. A few losses at first but he will get the hang of it come december and be ready to lead next year

Ricky and ronnie will each get over 1000 yards, im guessing 1200 for ricky and 1050 for ronnie

Ginn will step up and be a #1 wr because he finally will have someone to throw to him. I predict 950 yds 6 tds 80 catches

A young offensive line has a lot to learn and gives up sacks early in the year on blitzes due to poor recognition, but as the year progresses they will begin to gel and maul defenses in the run game

On the D-line, we will get the pressure we need by holliday, ferguson, and langford (he will impress and solidify himself as a starting 3-4 DE, you've got to love the guys size)

Where I see problems arising is the LB and Secondary corps. I dont know if Matt Roth is fast enough to play OLB in coverage and Ayodele has yet to impress me. Crowder is solid as is Porter (He really picked it up at the end of last year) Allen is our only starting quality corner and we are weak at FS and im afraid that combination will lead to a poor passing defense. Yeremiah Bell is good but he excels in run support not coverage.

Overall, I think our offense will start decent and slowly get better with a solid run game and improving pass attack. Run defense is strong but im afraid we're going to get torched through the air too often. Thats just MO about everything, im willing to hear you prove me wrong and i hope i am on some things.

Theres a rumor that Tom Brady is injured for a month and the Chargers have a lot of injuries to their players. I think we will SURPRISE!
9-7

An optimistic 10-6 surprise of the year, 1970 all over again!

I'm going with 10-6 and even though I could go into trying to explain this i'm going to take the lazy man's route. In 06 the Jets were thought to be only able to win 3 to 5 games that year, but everyone said if Penny stayed healthy they would win more. They had less talent than this team and were older. Penny stayed healthy and managed that team to a 10-6 record, he didnt even have the running game that this team has and a weaker o-line. Gotta be optimistic and say we get 10 wins!!!

I agree. And I believe our schedule is much easier than last year's schedule.

Here is my predictions

Roth-No one will unseat Roth as the starting OLB opposite of J.Porter. He will go on to have a very good season. This next offseason he will drop some weight and solidify the position for years to come.

RW-Monster Year (barring injury) 1200 yards
RB- Will have a very decent season 800 yards
Ginn-Will break 1,000 yards this season
Porter-9-11 sacks, Probowl
Langford-DE Rookie of the Year
Carpenter-Will struggle early on,then will pick it up end of year.
Henne-Will see the field this year, most likely after a CP injury(unfortunately) He will be semi succesful.
Wilford-Will end up our #2 before week 4
Hagan- will disapear into oblivion
Bess-Will be our 3rd/Slot receiver
Armstrong-Will see our 53man roster eventually
Holiday/Ferguson-Pro Bowl Season
Will Allen-We be replaced this season before game 8 by Lehan
J.Allen-Will be semi succesful, but replaced next offseason
Hill-Will see alot of playting time and maybe even be moved over to FS in certain packages where he will play opposite Bell
Y.Bell- I expect a big year from this guys.

Back
Top Bottom