Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed

enduro

unknown quantity
Reaction score
So the other day I was down in the keys on Jeff's boat throwing back a couple of Heinekens when we get into this discussion concerning the fins draft in a few months. What it boils down to is the personnel available but he has already schemed that we will end up dropping down into the late 20's and pick up another 2nd round pick. (See 2010). And with that late 1st round pick we are targeting Pat Devlin QB out of Delaware. He told me Luck, Mallet, Locker and Newton will all be off the table before we pick. So the plan looks like we will be dropping down to select Pat. Jeff told me he believes he will be the next Tom Brady. In the second round we are targeting a RB to replace Ronnie Brown who will not be resigned this off season. Ricky will stay on for one more year while the rookie breaks in. That all for now guys. As Jeff said, keep it under your hat.

He told you to keep it under your hat so you posted it in one of the public forums of the most popular Dolphins message board. LMFAO.

No offense to you, I would kind of assume you're full of it on this, but you happen to be talking about a QB that's on my short list, a guy I really like a lot, and the RB strategy is exactly what I would have thought as well (right down to Ronnie being allowed to leave while Ricky stays, and the new guy coming in the 2nd round, like a Kendall Hunter).

So, maybe you're not full of it.

I will believe it when I see it. Alot can change between now and then if this is true.

That's the other thing of course. So much changes between now and then that if I were Ireland, I wouldn't particularly care who I told what, at this stage.

But along the lines of "this guy might actually be telling the truth", Pat Devlin = Tom Brady is a comparison that actually struck me while watching Devlin, and usually when people compare Devlin to anyone it's to Joe Flacco (mostly because they've never seen Devlin play football and they therefore can't get beyond the uniform).

That's the other thing of course. So much changes between now and then that if I were Ireland, I wouldn't particularly care who I told what, at this stage.

But along the lines of "this guy might actually be telling the truth", Pat Devlin = Tom Brady is a comparison that actually struck me while watching Devlin, and usually when people compare Devlin to anyone it's to Joe Flacco (mostly because they've never seen Devlin play football).

I doubt Jeff Ireland tells the truth to his preist..These guys are tight lipped about everything form injuries to cutting players etc..

But hey you never know I guess...

i don't know that i can get on board with kendall hunter in the 2nd round off of what i've seen...i think he's gonna struggle in pass pro also

i don't know that i can get on board with kendall hunter in the 2nd round off of what i've seen...i think he's gonna struggle in pass pro also

Most rookie running backs struggle with this..

Back to Devlin..I have never seen him play but def has some pretty impressive numbers..which is what you look for in a smalll school guy...

Anyone know why he left Penn State?

Oh that's definitely the weakest aspect of his game, for sure.

But I mean, let's be serious. Name 5 backs that are good at pass pro in college. It's a willingness thing. And when you step into a situation in Miami where they have a Ricky Williams and the coaching staff will all too gladly keep you on the bench if you don't do what they want you to do, then suddenly you see that willingness change.

But I don't want James Saxon anywhere near the guy.

In my honest opinion, with Kendall Hunter, we're looking at the next DeAngelo Williams. I think he's a marvelous prospect. I have Ryan Williams higher, as far as talent on the field and physical potential go. Off the field, and in the locker room, that's where I start to question Williams a little more.

Back to Devlin..I have never seen him play but def has some pretty impressive numbers..which is what you look for in a smalll school guy...

not mark ingram...anyways its more than just pass pro to me obviously

He was one of the highest recruited QBs in the nation out of high school. He redshirted a year and then had to go through a QB competition with Daryll Clark. Clark won. Now, that SHOULD say a lot about Devlin, because Clark is not a pro quarterback, but if you talk to Joe Paterno, Daryll Clark is one of the best quarterbacks he's ever coached. The old man has some funny ideas in his old age. He kept swearing by Pat Devlin to the press over and over again right up to when Devlin left, insisting they have two really, really good QBs. And Joe Pa isn't known for holding back with the press when you're disappointing him, as Derek Cameron Wake often did.

That first year that Clark won the competition, Devlin did play. He had like 500 yards on 50 pass attempts, 4 passing TDs, 2 running TDs and 0 interceptions. He did well. But he wasn't going to play over Clark so he transferred.

if we want a deangelo williams type player why not just sign him in free agency??? makes sense to me and then we can fill another need with a top pick...

if we want a deangelo williams type player why not just sign him in free agency??? makes sense to me and then we can fill another need with a top pick...

Injury prone..Gonna take big money to sign him..

But we may not even have a 2nd rounder so we may have to take one later..or sign a FA like Williams..

I had never heard of Devlin or the Chargers QB coach until CKP mentioned them

then suddenly everybody knew about these guys all along

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Is Devlin a first rounder though? Wouldn't it make more sense to trade down grab a rb/other position of need in the first then take Devlin in the 2nd?

Devlin is starting to sound like a guy who will go from nobody to 2nd round pick by the time the Combine is over

Back
Top Bottom