Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed

That conflicts with what I'd heard. I had heard that Senior Bowl invitees included Stephen Paea, Prince Amukamara, Adrian Clayborn, Jalil Brown, Jimmy Smith, Davone House, Von Miller, Jeremy Bael, Casey Matthews, Shareece Wright, Cameron Heyward, Cameron Jordan, Ryan Kerrigan, Phil Taylor, Chris O'Dowd', Stanley Havili, Pat Devlin, and Brandon Fusco.

I was only listing the quarterbacks that have received invitations.... Locker, Ponder, Johnson, McElroy, and Kaepernick have all been extended invites... if Devlin got one then it would have to be recently...and if he did, it locks all the spots up for quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl...

Ben Chappell has officially become the most underrated senior quarterback in the draft...

i would like to see locker ponder and devlin toss the rock senior bowl week...

I was only listing the quarterbacks that have received invitations.... Locker, Ponder, Johnson, McElroy, and Kaepernick have all been extended invites... if Devlin got one then it would have to be recently...and if he did, it locks all the spots up for quarterbacks at the Senior Bowl...

Ben Chappell has officially become the most underrated senior quarterback in the draft...

I agree. I'm not sure if I'll get out to Mobile or not, I want to, but if not then at the very least I look forward to seeing Ben Chappell and T.J. Yates up close and personal at Shrine practices, where Mike Kafka really caught my eye.

LOL. Good luck with that. Don't think you'll find any.

Yeah, I guess you're right about that. It doesn't hurt to try, though. YouTube cut ups are getting better and better but there's still no substitute to watching the game, especially for quarterbacks where situational play is so big.

You live in the Tampa area, right? How the heck did you see any Delaware games on? I'm in South Florida and I don't think I ever saw them on, not that I likely would have been particularly interested if I had.

I agree. I'm not sure if I'll get out to Mobile or not, I want to, but if not then at the very least I look forward to seeing Ben Chappell and T.J. Yates up close and personal at Shrine practices, where Mike Kafka really caught my eye.

I get to go for the first time. Through family I got Scott Hanson of NFL Network, so I get to go down to mobile for the week as a tryout for an internship

Combination of luck and resourcefulness. There are a lot of streaming TV sites out there and many have local sports that you won't find anywhere else. And I happen to know someone with a slingbox in the area and so I was able to catch a game that way as well. And there is SOME stuff on YouTube.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I get to go for the first time. Through family I got Scott Hanson of NFL Network, so I get to go down to mobile for the week as a tryout for an internship

That's awesome! Good luck with that.

You used to be able to contact athletic departments and they'll send you game film... it's the way we used to do it back in the ol' days before all this fancy shmancy technology at your fingertips...

Ok, then. A little snooping and I just found out that Delaware vs. New Hampshire is going to be televised nationally on ESPN2 this Friday at 8pm.

It's easy to take these kinds of rumors too far, and even if the OP does know Jeff Ireland and he did say that, it doesn't mean it will work out that way. But I've seen most of the other top quarterbacks play at least a few times (with the exception of Chappell, who I've only seen once, and I didn't even catch the whole game). But Devlin I missed completely.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone interested to see the guy play.

He was one of the highest recruited QBs in the nation out of high school. He redshirted a year and then had to go through a QB competition with Daryll Clark. Clark won. Now, that SHOULD say a lot about Devlin, because Clark is not a pro quarterback, but if you talk to Joe Paterno, Daryll Clark is one of the best quarterbacks he's ever coached. The old man has some funny ideas in his old age. He kept swearing by Pat Devlin to the press over and over again right up to when Devlin left, insisting they have two really, really good QBs. And Joe Pa isn't known for holding back with the press when you're disappointing him, as Derek Cameron Wake often did.

That first year that Clark won the competition, Devlin did play. He had like 500 yards on 50 pass attempts, 4 passing TDs, 2 running TDs and 0 interceptions. He did well. But he wasn't going to play over Clark so he transferred.

Devlin was being recruited by Miami so I kind of followed him on his way to Penn State to see how he turned out.

I think one of the reason's he left Penn State and a reason Clark won the QB job was because Paterno was changing his offense from a pro set to the spread and Clark was a better fit. Devlin did play and I think he may have transferred before the season even ended in his sophomore year if I remember. He also redshirted so I'm not sure what the age is. I supposed going down to FCS means he didn't have to sit a year.

Ok, then. A little snooping and I just found out that Delaware is taking on New Hampshire in their quarterfinal game this Friday @ 8pm on ESPN2.

Yup. That will be the very first chance for a LOT of people to see Pat Devlin. No pressure or anything. ;)

I look forward to seeing him in that game and hopefully some others. They've got a good team this year. It's kind of maddening though that at times they will just pound and pound and pound away at the goal line with the run game, even when it's not working, rather than give Devlin the chance to do what he does.

Ok, then. A little snooping and I just found out that Delaware vs. New Hampshire is going to be televised nationally on ESPN2 this Friday at 8pm.

It's easy to take these kinds of rumors too far, and even if the OP does know Jeff Ireland and he did say that, it doesn't mean it will work out that way. But I've seen most of the other top quarterbacks play at least a few times (with the exception of Chappell, who I've only seen once, and I didn't even catch the whole game). But Devlin I missed completely.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone interested to see the guy play.

i'm gonna dvr that game...thanks

Devlin was being recruited by Miami so I kind of followed him on his way to Penn State to see how he turned out.

I think one of the reason's he left Penn State and a reason Clark won the QB job was because Paterno was changing his offense from a pro set to the spread and Clark was a better fit. Devlin did play and I think he may have transferred before the season even ended in his sophomore year if I remember. He also redshirted so I'm not sure what the age is. I supposed going down to FCS means he didn't have to sit a year.

No he didn't sit a year and I think that's one of the reasons he went to Delaware. He and his parents met with Paterno and had a discussion and it was clear during the discussion that he planned to transfer. Clark had won the competition as starter in the new spread HD offense, as you say, and he didn't want to wait until 2010 before he'd get his first season of real action. I can understand that. It was Paterno that asked that he not travel with the team for the Rose Bowl, not out of hard feelings but because he just didn't want his transferring to be a distraction and he thought it would be particularly unfair to Paul Cianciolo.

At the time he leaned toward Delaware, Joe Flacco had become a 1st round pick QB from Delaware and was already playing as a rookie in Baltimore, and he had taken much the same route coming from Pitt. That's probably what attracted Devlin.

Joe Flacco 2006: 264 of 417, 2783 yards, 18 TDs, 10 INTs, 23 Sacks
Pat Devlin 2009: 220 of 344, 2664 yards, 16 TDs, 9 INTs, 26 Sacks

Joe Flacco 2007: 331 of 521, 4263 yards, 23 TDs, 5 INTs, 25 Sacks
Pat Devlin 2010: 217 of 318, 2670 yards, 22 TDs, 2 INTs, 17 Sacks (currently in Quarterfinals of FCS Playoffs)

Back
Top Bottom