Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2011 draft plan revealed

Sure he has similarities to Flacco. People overblow the comparison because they both went to Delaware. They have both rare arm strength. I favor Flacco because of his size and he outproduced Devlin during his time at Delaware

Doesn't sound believable but who knows. Jeff Ireland is a just a person. Someone has to know him. I doubt he would give his draft plans out that open.

Devlin looks nothing like Flacco from a quarterback perspective... Devlin looks more like Tony Romo as an NFL comparison..

Pat Devlin's release is very unique... it's Phillip Rivers/Sam Bradford quick, but much more over the top than either one of these guys..

You don't see many releases over the top as quick as Devlin's...very unique.. almost Warren Moon(ish)..

For me in this draft Andrew Luck draws comparisons to Sam Bradford, Ryan Mallett reminds me of Chad Henne, Cameron newton reminds me of Big Ben, Jake Locker reminds me of Ron Johnson, and Pat Devlin is the wild-card. Quarterback has to be a priority. Henne for a 4th anyone?

When we drafted in 2008 I wanted Joe Flacco. Knew he wouldn't fall to us at 58 but Henne did. I think Flacco is going to be great sometime soon. He has that poise and his out route throws are unmatched

I think our main problem is coaching from the top to the bottom. I think we have the talent we just need the coaching. Henne just seems fried

Devlin looks nothing like Flacco from a quarterback perspective... Devlin looks more like Tony Romo as an NFL comparison..

Pat Devlin's release is very unique... it's Phillip Rivers/Sam Bradford quick, but much more over the top than either one of these guys..

You don't see many releases over the top as quick as Devlin's...very unique.. almost Warren Moon(ish)..

I don't recall Devlin being much of a scrambler like Romo. Are you refering to the whole Romo "package" or just the throwing motion/mechanics?

I don't recall Devlin being much of a scrambler like Romo. Are you refering to the whole Romo "package" or just the throwing motion/mechanics?

Mobility is a +++ for Devlin... he throws very well on the run. He does a lot of sprint outs where he throws on the move...

I wouldn't classify him as a scrambler though...

BINGO!

You get a prize.

Mobility is a +++ for Devlin... he throws very well on the run. He does a lot of sprint outs where he throws on the move...

I wouldn't classify him as a scrambler though...
OK, I see what you're saying. He reminds me a bit of Peyton Manning in the pocket the way he keeps his feet moving before he sets to throw.

is this the interview the poster saw?

[video=youtube;iPIj7I7EaQE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPIj7I7EaQE[/video]

OK, I see what you're saying. He reminds me a bit of Peyton Manning in the pocket the way he keeps his feet moving before he sets to throw.

Exactly, that was the very first thing that jumped out to me when I saw footage of him. I would be very happy to have this kid on our team.

So, I'm the lame kid that has never seen a single non-youtube Devlin snap. His release and his mobility - specifically the way he moves to make throws - are exciting. Can't help but think of many of the things Henne is not when watching him move and throw.

Back
Top Bottom