Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins - 2014 Free Agent Rumors

if we sign beadles i feel very good that i have the right kind of draft targets oline wise

I'm assuming if we can land Beadles and Collins/Monroe

LT - Monroe
LG - Beadles
C - Pouncey
RG - Thomas? Garner? Brenner?
RT - Z. Martin (1st Round Pick)

Maybe take Gabe Jackson with the 2nd rounder?

Not sure I'm cool playing two rookies on the right side, hope Beadles could slide to RG?

No , I was just throwing some of today's cuts out there, possibilities. I don't like to start threads for every player that gets released,

cool, ya I didn't know if there was anything out there about us looking into fullbacks or not.

Yes to Beadles and Jackson. No to Delmas. Rather draft Clinton-Dix at 19 or just bring Clemons back. OH, and maybe Jones can start earning his new contract this year.

LT - Monroe
LG - Beadles
C - Pouncey

Not sure I'm cool playing two rookies on the right side, hope Beadles could slide to RG?

gabe jackson and beadles would be a really strange mix at guard...jacksons power scheme thus i left him off the targets list...if they want thumper like guards then zane beadles is not on the menu...

LT - Monroe
LG - Beadles
C - Pouncey

usually the RG spot is for the "worse" of the two starting guards. I would keep Beadles or whoever we sign at LG. I like how you have it, with some of our unknowns filling that spot if we dont draft/sign a guy for the RG spot

gabe jackson and beadles would be a really strange mix at guard...jacksons power scheme thus i left him off the targets list...if they want thumper like guards then zane beadles is not on the menu...

Maybe that Thomas kid out of Clemson then.

Side note, what the hell is going on with Dallas Thomas?

Wasted pick so far.

Maybe that Thomas kid out of Clemson then.

Side note, what the hell is going on with Dallas Thomas?

Wasted pick so far.

d thomas gets a camp invite to see if he's improved along with brenner and yeatman...those are the 3 i'd bring back with pouncey...they are the potential scheme fits...everything else is history...well maybe garner comes back to camp at least

as for the draft could see the thomas kid added among others or could roll with a trai turner or even a brandon steen at right guard should they go that route...

Many of you forget that Philbin does NOT like to start Rookies. Tanny is an exception due to the Coach's fate being directly linked to the QB.

This OLine will be built through FA. I'd expect at least 2 - 4 FA OL signings. I think we will see McKinnie come back for a team friendly deal and he will start at LT or RT until a Rookie can prove he's ready around Week 4 - 8. But McKinnie will be a huge value signing for us as he starts several games this year and eventually provides swing backup duties. Pouncey is starting. And I think Brenner may push Pouncey to G. That leaves us with 2 holes for Week 1. Those 2 starters will come from FA.

The other 1 or 2 FAs will compete for starting positions and may push Brenner out of a job. And I expect at least 2 drafted OL to compete and one will eventually push to start by mid-season. Dallas Thomas will also be in the mix and may surprise by being a Week 1 starter if he's quietly improved enough.

McKinnie is an overlooked utility signing. He is a quiet anchor and veteran presence that we need. We lack leaders in so many areas on the field. McKinnie has value on and off the field that makes his signing necessary. With him on the roster, we have options and time to develop a rookie. Philbin will not start a rookie on the OL unless he is forced to do it or finds an elite talent even he can't deny.

Thomas' usage last year is a model for how Philbin will bring along rookies. He will sign FAs to shield the rookies.

Shore up the walls and build behind them.

We need starters, leaders and teachers coming from our FA signings. The draft will yield the students, starters and leaders of the coming years.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m
The Dolphins have placed an exclusive rights tender on QB Pat Devlin

d thomas gets a camp invite to see if he's improved along with brenner and yeatman...those are the 3 i'd bring back with pouncey...they are the potential scheme fits...everything else is history...well maybe garner comes back to camp at least

as for the draft could see the thomas kid added among others or could roll with a trai turner or even a brandon steen at right guard should they go that route...

1. Who cares
2. Brandon Thomas
3. Who cares
4. Trai Turner
=
Profit

Many of you forget that Philbin does NOT like to start Rookies.

maybe because there is no reasoning behind it.

got a link with philbin himself saying he doesnt like to start rookies? because he came out of green bay where young talent doesnt rot on the bench. they get 'em in and get 'em going.

and YOU have to remember that we had jeff ireland providing the rookies for this team. philbin didnt have ANYTHING from last years draft TO start! jordan, our prized 3rd overall was an injury concern BEFORE being drafted as well as our top cb selection and a couple others. there comes a point where you have to have bodies on the field and when you have a 98% bust draft handed to you and not much the year before, well, if their injured and cant play or they just cant play because they suck and cant beat out an old veteren, what do you do?

philbin has worked with what he has, and that aint much!! if your rookies suck or are injured why force them in the lineup just to say, "see! i started these here rookie boys"!!

i am sure he would LOVE to start some rookies, he's probably chomping at the bit, but he has to be given healthy prospects who can actually beat someone out in camp.

it hasnt happened.

LT - Monroe
LG - Beadles
C - Pouncey

No need to take Martin when Sentrel Henderson later would be an even better value and a better player at RT.

Back
Top Bottom