Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB

Jordan Tripp at the combine. Kid moves like a safety, nice hands too...high motor, high energy guy.

[video=youtube;1ZKnjJgcU3Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKnjJgcU3Q[/video]

you notice a Dolphin scout/coach very visible in that clip

A lot of similarities to Kiko Alonzo....at least from a measurable standpoint...

Jordan Tripp
Height: 6026
Weight: 234
40 Yrd Dash: 4.62
20 Yrd Dash: 2.61
10 Yrd Dash: 1.61
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 22
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 3.96
3-Cone Drill: 6.89

Kiko Alonzo
Height: 6033
Weight: 238
40 Yrd Dash: 4.74
20 Yrd Dash: 2.71
10 Yrd Dash: 1.66
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'09"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 6.96

Props to Hickey, he hit on everything I was looking for in this draft. . Now it's time for Phibin to do his job

so your saying NOW he has players to work with, meaning last year and the year before he didnt [i agree].

so NOW its time for him to do his job? you mean he should have gone to the bowl with the junk he was handed last hear and inherited the year before?

NO coach can win without players and that is why we have been losers. but philbin got the team through the second worst time in franchise history [1st, the 1 win season] and in all that mess, a bust draft that no player had significant time on the field, and the scandal. he got the team to 8-8 dealing with all that. thats a damn fine coach in my book.

philbin HAS been doing his job. he just hasnt had ANYTHING to work with!!

It looks like a good value. Issue I had was he is essentially an OLB.

When Lynch was picked Barrow LSU MLB was available and thought would better help shore up the middle. Lets see what happens. I thought the target should have been more of a 4 -3 MLB.

I thought first 3 rounds were good picks. I thought going CB in the 4th was a good move but I thought Desir CB was available and a better prospect. Lets see how it turns out.

walter football had given tripp a B GRADE!! said he will probably start at some point.

the LOWEST grade walter football gave a finz pic was B-......, the HIGHEST grade was an A- to aiken the cb. another guy who is way, way better than most think and as wf stated, will probably unseat finnegan at the starting cb spot opposite grimes. we needed a TALL, PHYSICAL cb and aiken is all that. he jacks guys at the line and is a master at re routing wr's off their routes. sammy watkins was going un impeded through our secondary untill now. another thing we needed and had a quality player at the position fall to us.

PEOPLE ARE FORGETTING or they just dont know that this draft is maybe the deepest in nfl draft history. you can move most players up a round or two. several of these guys we picked are much, much more talented than their draft spot like tripp and aiken and lynch and landry. even fede, who was highly sought after for udfa should have been a 5th round choice in most drafts. he is a big, quick twitch DE who's forte is a gap shooting sack artist. cant have to many of those and hickey was first out the gate landing him.

folks need to get the round selected thing out of their minds as this was a highly abnormal draft for where players should go. we got highly rated, exellent talent across the board. the only pick i shrugg my shoulders at a bit, and not knocking it, just kind of a "huh" thing is the wr hazel. but as the writer in walter football said, hickey is rebuilding this wr core. landry will take over the slot duty immediately and also said some of the second and third string wr's will be replaced and its why hickey has brought so many wr's in.

hickey has his pulse on this the team much more than i thought for the short time he has been here. throw in a real nice draft and some of the f/a's [like mitchell] and udfa's like anthony johnson and brock jensen [who is going to be a pain in tannys arse from 1st day at camp and will immediately cost moore or devlin their spot] and this team has gotten a MAJOR influx of needed talent and tenacity and leadership.

NO TEAM gets exactly who they want with all their picks but from what was there when we picked, hickey did a fantastic job of picking players not only of need but high quality and intangibles to go with it. you cant ask for any more than that. COME ON CAMP!!!

PER WALTER FOOTBALL....... The Dolphins were expected to choose a linebacker much earlier than this - perhaps even as high as the first round. But it helps that Jordan Tripp provides great value. Tripp probably should have been off the board in the Round 3-4 range.

Issue I had was he is essentially an OLB.

FISHBANGER: no one is leaving him out at MLB. as the scout reports say, he has all the tools to play the spot. he is a very smart player who can make the calls and is a big time run stuffer. dont rule him out at mlb even though most believe he is expected to take wheelers spot. this was a an awsome pick, especially where we got him!!

I am very excited about Tripp. He'll probably be the player I watch closest in TC this summer.

Gosh i wish i hadn't taken an assignment over in the west coast this year, really want to make it to training camp this year!

Back
Top Bottom