Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB

I love this pick. This kid looks like a real player. Yet another team captain as well.

This my be my favorite pick that we have made so far. Tripp and Landry are a real nice pair of draft picks.

CBS Sports grade:

Dolphins select: Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana

Tripp's combination of size, length and fluidity make him a versatile athlete worth considering at several positions in the front seven. Great value for the Dolphins here in the late fifth.

Polian seems to think he's gonna be the real deal (for whatever that's worth)

Tripp and Landry are a real nice pair of draft picks.

I think those are the only picks where we actually got good value. The rest of our picks aren't very impressive from a value/pick# standpoint. I really don't understand the Lynch pick. Maybe with James projected as the RT starter they felt they needed to pick up a blocking TE.

I think those are the only picks where we actually got good value. The rest of our picks aren't very impressive from a value/pick# standpoint. I really don't understand the Lynch pick.

I like the Lynch pick. My 3rd favorite pick of this draft.

I just dont see Lynch being a bust. I think he will be a quality NFL player that can help our team. Not the worst pick in the world.

sounds like a good pick. Has Skov been taken yet? If not, imagine picking him too. Those two at LB, in a few years, will be amazing.

One of Hickey's better picks in this draft and at a position of need. I really like this pick because Tripp is really good value at this pick. James is a good player but wasn't great value at 19. Tripp is both a good player and good value at this spot.

Projected 3-4 rounder. EXCELLENT pick! Zach2.0??

WEAKNESSES Has short flappers and gets stuck on blocks. Can do a better job using his hands to stack and shed. Plays a bit too out of control. Tightness shows up in space trying to break down and secure open-field tackles (misses too many). Wound tight in coverage and not quick to redirect (allows separation).
DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 5-6
BOTTOM LINE A tough, determined, competitive overachiever capable of earning a job as a backup linebacker and special-teams performer.

Good interview on Finsider. Sez he models his game after ... who else Zack Thomas

Back
Top Bottom