Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB

Man...love what I read about these high character guys. They just look like they belong in the NFL lol That's without even seeing them play.

not real sure i've even heard this guys name before, anybody got any insight?

I'm very familiar with him as a U of Montana guy, high motor, doesn't take plays off, he could be our next Zach Thomas

Big and fast. Don't know much about him but he had better cone drills than Khalil Mack, Mosely and Borland at the combine. Should at least be a ST upgrade.

They liked him on NFL Network. Say he has been playing I-LB, is a sideline to sideline player, really good special teams player, and has potential to start.

Jordan Tripp | OLB, Montana
Tripp´s combination of size, length and fluidity make him a versatile athlete worth considering at several positions in the front seven. Great value for the Dolphins here in the late fifth.

Was a 3rd/4th rounder according to CBS. Think we got a steal here.

Tripp was a relative man amongst boys at the FCS level, earning a spot among the finalists for the Buck Buchanan Award as the best small school defender in the country. The third-generation Grizzly also proved that he could handle the jump in competition by enjoying a solid week at the Senior Bowl.

In some respects, Tripp is the stereotypical small school linebacker, as he is highly instinctive, tenacious and a team captain.

Don't sell Tripp short, however. Besides sporting a legitimate NFL frame, he's also a fluid athlete with good closing speed. He possesses the length and burst to intrigue as a pass rusher but only posted 11 sacks over 40 career games (25 starts) because he was more dangerous handling the run from the middle and dropping back into coverage.

As such, proponents of the traditional 4-3 alignment may find Tripp a good fit.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2042571/jordan-tripp

Daniel Jerimiah was just raving about him said he's fast & a solid player really liked the pick!

Whoever scouts Montana for the Dolphins seems to have a direct line to the GM because it seems like we grab a Montana guy every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walter:

Miami Dolphins: Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana: A Grade
The Dolphins were expected to choose a linebacker much earlier than this - perhaps even as high as the first round. It's late for one, but it helps that Jordan Tripp provides great value. Tripp probably should have been off the board in the Round 3-4 range.

Props to Hickey, he hit on everything I was looking for in this draft. . Now it's time for Phibin to do his job.

Looking forward to the 2015 draft

Tripp is a smart and instinctive OLB who rarely takes a false step. He is very disciplined in his pursuit angles and always is making plays on the ball carrier. Tripp a high motor guy who brings energy to every play. He has great ability in coverage and would not be a liability when asked to cover man-to-man due to his above average anticipation. Tripp is also an effective blitzer when needed.

He is a good coverage LB.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/4/18/5625188/2014-colts-mock-draft-scouting-report-olb-jordan-tripp

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Second small school guy we picked up too.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 1m

Jordan Tripp: "Football has been in my blood since I was a little kid... it's always been my love and passion." #FinsUp

Back
Top Bottom