Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 5th round pick (#171) - Jordan Tripp LB

I like his ****y attitude also, " he said he would have been a 1st round pick if he had been at a big name school like Alabama", thats the gist of his words,not word for word,but basically kid has confidence in himself,went on to finish by basically saying he was coming to play ands prove how good he can be,LOVE hs attitude . But anyway,kid sounds good from all I heard from analyst also,so far I think the draft has went pretty good so far. Solid B or B plus,no big names,but BIG NEEDS, I love what we are doing.

Sorry,had to edit,this place sometimes leaves letters out when typing ,because of when these dam videos start playing on here !

I think those are the only picks where we actually got good value. The rest of our picks aren't very impressive from a value/pick# standpoint. I really don't understand the Lynch pick. Maybe with James projected as the RT starter they felt they needed to pick up a blocking TE.

Thats the one that pisses me off the most with McCarron sitting there. A QB sitting right there that has first round everything written all over him (except his personality apparently) that we could have groomed for a year "IN CASE" Tannehill doesn't step it up. These ****ers are in Tannehill or bust mode apparently and I'm praying for the best but if McCarron ever gets a crack at running Cincy's stacked team I predict we'll be looking at a Seahawks type story.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins

.@jtripp37 - Welcome to the Miami Dolphins!!

BnTNWv2IQAA8dmk-1.jpg

I heard Jordan Tripp interviewed on Sirius NFL a few weeks ago and it was one of the most impressive interviews that I heard. I even got on the computer and looked him up and commented on here that he sounded a good prospect. What impressed me most was his confidence. It came through on the radio and it wasn't smugness. He expected to go in the 3rd round and we got him in the 5th.
He is pretty fast, tall and has good instincts and will probably be an upgrade on Special Teams (replacing Trusnik or Spitler). However, don't be surprised if his instincts are so good that he offers great versatility and turns out to be a starter.

Thats the one that pisses me off the most with McCarron sitting there. A QB sitting right there that has first round everything written all over him (except his personality apparently) that we could have groomed for a year "IN CASE" Tannehill doesn't step it up. These ****ers are in Tannehill or bust mode apparently and I'm praying for the best but if McCarron ever gets a crack at running Cincy's stacked team I predict we'll be looking at a Seahawks type story.

No one finds a franchise QB in the 6th. Brady was an anomaly.

From a distance he is a perfect pick. Potential to develop into exactly what our team needs. Watching him play though I really wish there was more physicality there. Whether it works out or not it's still a damn solid 5th round pick.

I watched his highlights on youtube. He did not look like anything special. This is a late round pick, so he is either going to be cannon fodder on special teams or a practice squad guy anyway.

on nfl draftscout (which I find to be generally accurate), it said Stock: High: 2nd round, Low: 4th round. Rated number 10 out of 182 OLB. 104th prospect overall out of 2254 total.

not bad for the 171st pick (5th round). excellent value based on pre-draft projections.

I watched his highlights on youtube. He did not look like anything special. This is a late round pick, so he is either going to be cannon fodder on special teams or a practice squad guy anyway.

You should probably hurry up and send in your scouting report to Hickey before we start his contract negotiations.

No, no and NO!

Talk about wasted picks....Why in hell would you want us to take a QB with all of the other pressing needs that we have?

We already have depth & very good backups with Moore & Devlin.

If "in case" Tannehill turns out not to be the guy then we can plug one of those guys in, trade or pick up in a future draft.

At least by that time the O Line & receivers corps we are addressing now will be (hopefully) up to snuff

No, no and NO!

Talk about wasted picks....Why in hell would you want us to take a QB with all of the other pressing needs that we have?

We already have depth & very good backups with Moore & Devlin.

If "in case" Tannehill turns out not to be the guy then we can plug one of those guys in, trade or pick up in a future draft.

At least by that time the O Line & receivers corps we are addressing now will be (hopefully) up to snuff

Other teams with more established QBs have no problem "wasting" picks on QBs. Some people think Tannehill might be the next Tom Brady so we should coddle him, but the team with the actual Tom Brady, the team that is an real position to win the SB, the team thats in an arms race with the Broncos has no problem taking QBs in the second round let alone the fourth or fifth. Hell, they said they would have taken Bortles in the first. Its all about value and I believe a lot of those QBs, not just McCarron, were great value for us.

Declare mike linebacker position open competition, he could not do any worse than what we had last year.

Jordan Tripp at the combine. Kid moves like a safety, nice hands too...high motor, high energy guy.

[video=youtube;1ZKnjJgcU3Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKnjJgcU3Q[/video]

Back
Top Bottom