Miami Dolphins are trying to upgrade at nickel cornerback spot | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins are trying to upgrade at nickel cornerback spot

It's telling in that we misdrafted a player for this position if that's what we're doing with him.

Tankersley is an outside press CB with vertical makeup speed. He's going to get abused in the slot.
Yes, Tankersley is an outside press CB. Nobody doubts that. But they're cross-training him. He was not drafted to play the slot ... but injuries occur and he needs to be ready if we must play him there. Tankersley was drafted to replace Byron Maxwell at CB. Hopefully, with Howard, Tankersley and Lippett, we can have 2 healthy press corners on the field for a decade ... I think that's the plan.

Yes, Tankersley is an outside press CB. Nobody doubts that. But they're cross-training him. He was not drafted to play the slot ... but injuries occur and he needs to be ready if we must play him there. Tankersley was drafted to replace Byron Maxwell at CB. Hopefully, with Howard, Tankersley and Lippett, we can have 2 healthy press corners on the field for a decade ... I think that's the plan.

Kudos. Now that's an overflowing positive outlook.

shopping

Last edited:
McCain is the best slot corner we've had in a while.

I, I got nothing else...

I had plenty of weaknesses listed for Harris. My take was that he seemed a very solid fit for our wide set pass rush and DE was/is a pressing need.

Most of it is right here: http://archive.draftbreakdown.com/players/cordrea-tankersley/

You don't need to be an expert to see just how lackadaisical he is in attempting to tackle the majority of the time.

Oh okay.

I wasn't trying to argue just a debate.

It's so hard to find agreement when it comes to scouting.

Overall, I'm happy about the draft we had.

Ya I truly believe 2 of 3 of those corners will be our starters for the next decade as well.

Howard, to me, looks like he gets it and then to hear OTA stories of him blanketing landry and others is amazing!!

Ya Tankerley def is built and plays like a boundary corner.

What's not to love when the first thing you hear from OTAs is Parker balling and Tankerseley with a pick 6.

He's a very talented Cb and fits our mold of a big boundary Cb with closing speed.

I think we're going to move guys around a lot more and blitz often.

I think this year's LBing corp can afford athleticically to fake the blitz and get back into position.

I know Timmons is 30 but a 30 year Timmons is better than any Lber we had last year besides maybe KIko.

I love where this team is headed!!

In Gase we trust!!!

Hahah you're funny brother.

I'm actually very excited about this season.

Not to the point of thinking we can take the division but can def make the playoffs.

I tought we got a lot better.

I just don't see how this Lbing Corp can be even close to the old horrid one.

I think Timmons, Kiko, Misi/Mcmillan is a very solid trio of a Lbers.

Time will tell.

Imjuries are bound to happen again.

I think this time we're more prepared for it depth wise.

I think just the facts that we're getting a lot of injured imp cogs back as well as our young players getting better is going to make the D better.

Just my opioion based on the horrible and I mean HORRIBLE Defense we fielded last year.

My comment didn't have anything to do with excitement or depth.

I was just pointing out that we don't move guys around (like how we play left and right CBs as opposed to weak or strong, boundary or fieldside) and we don't blitz much (>15%).

Back
Top Bottom