Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Thought we could use a thread to discuss certain players and what not. If there is anyone you have questions just state their name and we can all jump in and discuss the players strengths, weaknesses, red-flags etc.

Mods if you want to sticky this thread that could be a good idea. Thanks!

Morgan Burnett, Carlos Dunlap, and Maurkice Pouncey all announce they will enter the draft. Mike Pouncey announced he will return for his Senior season.

Carlos Dunalp will be a Top 20 Draft Pick. His production started to match his talent; has good size and I could see teams like the Raiders, Falcons,and Eagles being major players for him.

Morgan Burnett should be a 1st Rounder and if he isn't someone is getting a steal. As a Sophomore Burnett landed 8 interceptions which tied Eric Berry for the nation lead. I expect the Texans, Cowboys, Steelers, and Giants to take a look at him.

Maurkice Pouncey is an interesting prospect at Center. Pending what Kris O'Dowd of USC,and Stefen Wisnieski of Penn State do in terms of declaring for the draft and Pouncey could be the highest rated Center in the draft landing him in Round 2.

Demaryius Thomas declared before the weekend. I have him as a 2nd Rounder, Great size but lacks elite speed. Watching the game against Iowa over I noticed that the Iowa corners didn't respect his speed at all. He was only targeted twice in this game.

Demaryius Thomas declared before the weekend. I have him as a 2nd Rounder, Great size but lacks elite speed. Watching the game against Iowa over I noticed that the Iowa corners didn't respect his speed at all. He was only targeted twice in this game.

"Lacks elite speed" how? Like Andre Johnson has great size but lacks speed, as does Boldin, but so does Pat Turner and Ernest Wilford. What kinda speed we talking?

I have a lot of stuff to post but am waiting on all of the Junior's to decide either way before I put out my positional rankigs, big board, mock draft, underrated vs overrated list, and position reviews. Stay tuned. I am not expert but do this for fun. I love analyzing the draft and evaluating talent. I like good discussions and think the beauty of the draft is all the different opinions.

Agree. But to be fair, Nesbitt could not make the right decision to save his life. the guy was open a lot. More improtantly they use him mostly on go routes. There is no route running in that offense. Even so, only on go routes, he got open but was never targeted.

I am talking deep speed. Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league and I can assure you that BeBe Thomas is not of that level. Watching him play Iowa you can see that the corners played him off the line and kept him in front of them. Thomas has solid hands but I do not think he is our answer at Receiver

DolGinn.. looking at you signature I noticed you're mock. Jason Worlids is a guy I like a lot to take over for Joey Porter. I think he could even slide to Round 3.

Agree. But to be fair, Nesbitt could not make the right decision to save his life. the guy was open a lot. More improtantly they use him mostly on go routes. There is no route running in that offense. Even so, only on go routes, he got open but was never targeted.

He is one of those players i really think could be a great value if he was in the third. He has all the tools and is a high risk, high reward type guy. I hear a lot of Calvin Johnson comparisons but that could just be because they both went to Tech. From what i have seen from him, i like him, a lot, if they can teach him routes and speed up his breaks he can be a solid 1 in the league IMO. That being said i like Bryant, Tate, and Benn more than him.

I am talking deep speed. Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the league and I can assure you that BeBe Thomas is not of that level. Watching him play Iowa you can see that the corners played him off the line and kept him in front of them. Thomas has solid hands but I do not think he is our answer at Receiver

Obv, i was just using the name as an example. I think he could develop if he learns to use his strengths better, was able to learn routes and fight off jams. But i have 0 faith in our staff to teach. haha

To start a good heated debate let's look at what we feel the Dolphins need. I have us needing a #1 Receiver, Tight End, Outside Linebackers, Inside Linebacker, and a Nose Tackle in no particular order. What is the overall opinion in regards to Offense or Defense being what we really need. in terms of Offensive players I see Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, and even Mardy Gilyard garnering some attention. Defensively Earl Thomas, Brandon Spikes, Dan Williams, Jerry Hughes, Derrick Morgan, and Rolando McClain come to mind immediatly. I think that Dez Bryant should be priority #1 but should he be off the board when we select we look at the Defense which leans me towards Earl Thomas. I think we make a splash in terms of Nose Tackle and Linebackers via free agency so finding an Elite Free Safety could only be done via the draft

DolGinn.. looking at you signature I noticed you're mock. Jason Worlids is a guy I like a lot to take over for Joey Porter. I think he could even slide to Round 3.

I have him as mid 2nd to early third. He has nice size and a constant motor. I am a little skeptical about the pick because I know that the trifecta likes players with upside so that they can groom them into position. To that end, they like a guy that is maybe a little taller and a little lankier, but with a motor and moves, so that they can build him up gradually. I am worried, in absence of the stats and combine, that he has peaked and is limited by height.

Other than that, I don't think he is a reach at #44 as an OLB.

Back
Top Bottom