Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

demarious thomas looks like a mid 4.6's guy maybe even 4.7 guy on tape to me...i see dbs in their backpedal an awful long time with him and still staying with him down the field

if he runs that at the combine i say stay away...especially before the 3rd round...if he runs a mid 4.5's that's a big difference and i can see a 2nd round value

no matter what this is a guy imo that is gonna take time to develop and i don't see an immediate impact player...needs time

morgan burnette i have as a 3rd round value...don't see 1st round at all

If Morgan Burnett falls to Round 3 and we don't draft him I will boycott the season. I have him as the 3rd safety in this draft.

Agree. The guy is a ballhawk and a good tackler, and he's a junior.

The way i see it is this, with 12 you ahve your top 10 talents that could fall-Dez, Spiller, McClain. I am going to go along with the post under the assumption that none fall, or our FO wont take Spiller. You look at needs v. BPA.
There are NT's there-Williams, Cody-They are both 2 down players. Not very high upside on Williams, far less risk than Cody. I dont think anyone can justify taking a 2 down player at 12.
SOLB-Hughes and Kindle look like very good prospects here. Each one has positives-Hughes has a great motor, production attitude-Kindle is an athletic beast and leader of one of the nations top D. Negs-Hughes plays at TCU-smaller time school (not much of an issue), Kindle-Not many sacks/production. I wouldnt be upset with either-i like Kindles experience and speed better, especially covering flat, TE, Run, Pass all around SOLB.
S-Earl Thomas is the guy here. He would be the best S in any other class, but we have Berry. He can cover he can hit, he is smart, he stays on his assignment. I love him, he can play right off the bat and be good-later great maybe elite. One question with him is how far will Burnett fall, how much of a drop off in talent is there. If Burnett will fall to 44, and the FO sees him as not too much worse than he looks like the choice and get a free Kindle/Hughes.
WR-Its Dez or no one. Tate and Benn would be great but they are kinda in no man's land-picked after 12 but before 44.
TE-i just dont see it at 12, n ot with Graham from Miami later.
ILB-McClain or nothing. A lot of depth for ILB.

i'd take chad jones over him in a heartbeat

Good player too. But Chad Jones's production is not near Burnett's. So, if you see something in Jones that you don't in Burnett, then it does not show up.

Derrick Morgan I have as a Top 10 pick without question. He could be a 4-3 Defensive End or a 3-4 SOLB; Great size, strength, and ability; uses his hands very well.

Jonathan Dwyer is going to be a steal for someone in Round 2. This guy runs with power and it's so natural.

dan williams has plenty of upside...

jerry hughes is weakside only...not nearly strong enough vs the run

Skip I agree with a lot of you're points. I love Sergio Kindle and Jerry Hughes but they play WOLB; If we draft a WOLB that shows a lack of faith in Cameron Wake. It could happen. What we really is a SOLB in the mold of Brandon Graham of Michigan, Jason Worlids of Virginia Tech, Greg Romeus of Pittsburgh, or Derrick Morgan of GT.

jonathon dwyer is overrated...anthony dixon is the power back to have

I'm careful when drafting players because of upside. I like upside but that has to be matched with production. I think teams like the Raiders fall in love with players physical attributes such as size and speed which is in the same ball-park as depending on upside. Being a Terp Alumn there was no way in hell Heyward Bey should have been picked at #7. In fact Ted Ginn Jr. was twice the player at Ohio State. Heyward-Bey has upside but...

Back
Top Bottom