Miami Dolphins Draft Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Draft Thread

He knows what it means Skipp.

My own opinion is that Thomas is a very special player with rare ball skills, exceeding those of Eric Berry, who I firmly believe should be in play at the 12 spot.

He definitely has to be in strong consideration. He's an exceptional player.

Yes he is. More PBU's than any corner or safety this year. He's going to run a legitimate 4.4 forty. His instincts and reading of the game are so good and he's just a fabulous kid off the field.

Yes he is. More PBU's than any corner or safety this year. He's going to run a legitimate 4.4 forty. His instincts and reading of the game are so good and he's just a fabulous kid off the field.

You got to help me decipher my wants here Boomer, McClain, Bryant, Morgan and Thomas are all looking like great picks to me. Of course there is still Spiller and Weatherspoon.

It's draft time WB - we all want so much but know of the high up guys we really like we can only have one, maybe 2 if we're lucky and sometimes, usually when Wanny was drafting, none at all!

Dez Bryant will provide outstanding talent at the receiver spot. Big body, physical, good hands, down the field threat, he's not fast. Only a 4.5 runner in the Crabtree range but hella good enough to be a #1. But is he mentally tough enough? Is he mentally ready? You could bring Brandon Marshall in as a FA or you could draft a guy with a similar mentality in Bryant. He's also missed 7 or 8 games in 2009 and he's a Deion Sanders kid which means he's a Eugene Parker kid, which means: sideshow.

Rolando McClain is a starter from day 1. I happen to think he's the most instinctive linebacker I've seen in a few years and he's been consistently very good for a number of seasons. He's sudden, he runs well going forwards and laterally and he's pretty good at getting into coverage. He will make a lot of tackles and will come in and line up the defense from play 1. But he has terrible hips. He doesn't always disengage well, he's not always aware of what's going on and doesn't protect his knees and he's not going to scare anyone blitzing.

Morgan will probably be gone, but he's another good player. Just ferocious all year in the ACC. Against FSU and Wake he was a beast. Against Clemson in the ACC Title game he was very good. Incredibly quick off the snap, ferocious hands, relentless as a pass rusher, can run the arc, can play run and most of all he understands the position. But will struggle to get off some blocks, especially when being kicked out. Dunlap is a risk because he's a nut case and his production doesn't match his athletic ability. JPP is a risk in a 3-4 because where are you going to play him? If you draft him, he'll only play 3rd downs and you have one of those already called Cam Wake. One year of major college experience and now you want Pierre Paul to play SOLB and play tight ends down the field? Can you afford to play him like Anthony Spencer in Dallas and play him upfield 75% of the time? Is he good enough? What about the other 25%? Well, Morgan is much more certain than those 2.

Thomas is a terrific player. I love McClain, I love Bryant, I love Spiller, I love Weatherspoon, I love Hughes, I love Syd'Quan Thompson, I love Rennie Curran, I love Suh and McCoy. I might love Thomas more than anyone not called Suh. He's so pacy, such range, you can play him at CB and not worry, he's fluid, he's a ball hawk. 8 picks and more PBU's than anyone in FBS. From a redshirt soph who started all 27 games and was a team captain as a freshman and off the field is like Myron Rolle, who I can tell you from having spent time with him in England, is about as terrific a human being as you'd ever find! But he's young. He looks slight. And he's not overly aggressive in the run game although Lord knows he brings it. His flaws are minimal.

Weatherspoon I talked about and Spiller. Man, CJ Spiller is good. You see what Felix Jones did to Philly Saturday night? That's CJ Spiller.

It's a good draft for good players and really good kids off the field. You'd have to go some to find a player at 12 that you couldn't make a pretty good case for.

It's draft time WB - we all want so much but know of the high up guys we really like we can only have one, maybe 2 if we're lucky and sometimes, usually when Wanny was drafting, none at all!

Dez Bryant will provide outstanding talent at the receiver spot. Big body, physical, good hands, down the field threat, he's not fast. Only a 4.5 runner in the Crabtree range but hella good enough to be a #1. But is he mentally tough enough? Is he mentally ready? You could bring Brandon Marshall in as a FA or you could draft a guy with a similar mentality in Bryant. He's also missed 7 or 8 games in 2009 and he's a Deion Sanders kid which means he's a Eugene Parker kid, which means: sideshow.

Rolando McClain is a starter from day 1. I happen to think he's the most instinctive linebacker I've seen in a few years and he's been consistently very good for a number of seasons. He's sudden, he runs well going forwards and laterally and he's pretty good at getting into coverage. He will make a lot of tackles and will come in and line up the defense from play 1. But he has terrible hips. He doesn't always disengage well, he's not always aware of what's going on and doesn't protect his knees and he's not going to scare anyone blitzing.

Morgan will probably be gone, but he's another good player. Just ferocious all year in the ACC. Against FSU and Wake he was a beast. Against Clemson in the ACC Title game he was very good. Incredibly quick off the snap, ferocious hands, relentless as a pass rusher, can run the arc, can play run and most of all he understands the position. But will struggle to get off some blocks, especially when being kicked out. Dunlap is a risk because he's a nut case and his production doesn't match his athletic ability. JPP is a risk in a 3-4 because where are you going to play him? If you draft him, he'll only play 3rd downs and you have one of those already called Cam Wake. One year of major college experience and now you want Pierre Paul to play SOLB and play tight ends down the field? Can you afford to play him like Anthony Spencer in Dallas and play him upfield 75% of the time? Is he good enough? What about the other 25%? Well, Morgan is much more certain than those 2.

Thomas is a terrific player. I love McClain, I love Bryant, I love Spiller, I love Weatherspoon, I love Hughes, I love Syd'Quan Thompson, I love Rennie Curran, I love Suh and McCoy. I might love Thomas more than anyone not called Suh. He's so pacy, such range, you can play him at CB and not worry, he's fluid, he's a ball hawk. 8 picks and more PBU's than anyone in FBS. From a redshirt soph who started all 27 games and was a team captain as a freshman and off the field is like Myron Rolle, who I can tell you from having spent time with him in England, is about as terrific a human being as you'd ever find! But he's young. He looks slight. And he's not overly aggressive in the run game although Lord knows he brings it. His flaws are minimal.

Weatherspoon I talked about and Spiller. Man, CJ Spiller is good. You see what Felix Jones did to Philly Saturday night? That's CJ Spiller.

It's a good draft for good players and really good kids off the field. You'd have to go some to find a player at 12 that you couldn't make a pretty good case for.

When thinking of C.J. Spiller this weekend, it was more about what Ray Rice did to New England on that first play. It would be nice to have someone able to score at any possible moment from anywhere on the field.

But at the current moment, I've been leaning more towards Thomas or Morgan...with Gilyard and Edds in rounds 2 and 3.

Spiller and Rice are completely different backs. Are you talking about the big play/ home-run threat? Ray Rice was a good play at Rutgers and I remember reading that Parcells and Co. were very interested in an un-named Running Back in the draft. Ray Rice is easily a top 5 back in the league. Spiller has that homerun threat in him even more than Rice. If Spiller and Dez are staring at us at #12 I think you take Spiller.

I didn't mean they were the same runner. I said that play made me think of Spiller. A guy that can score from distance and take it all the way down the field at any possible moment. That's what Spiller provides, so I can't discount him from the #12 pick.

Joe Haden is the cbest Corner in this draft. Syd'Quan moves his hips well but I'd take Warren of Michigan, Spievy of Iowa, Jackson of Alabama, and of course Haden of Florida over him. Syd'Quan might be around in Round 3

If we could landa premier Free Safety such as Eric Berry or Earl Thomas than our secondary would have a very bright future with Sean Smith and Vontae Davis. I am still convinced that Gibril Wilson is the best Strong Safety on the roster..Sorry Yeremiah

Derrick Morgan I have as a Top 10 pick without question. He could be a 4-3 Defensive End or a 3-4 SOLB; Great size, strength, and ability; uses his hands very well.

Jonathan Dwyer is going to be a steal for someone in Round 2. This guy runs with power and it's so natural.

How would you compare Dwyer vs. Gerhart? Please include pass catching, blocking, outside running etc.

The only problem I have with the possibility of Earl Thomas at #12 is if I'm not mistaken I've read Sparano is very high on Clemons.

As far as the draft is concerned I've heard they are very high on Mays and Spiller. The verdict is still out on Mays for his poor coverage but man can he hit. IMO we go BPA and if the draft shakes out the way I expect I think Spiller will be the guy staring us in the fact at #12.

I didn't mean they were the same runner. I said that play made me think of Spiller. A guy that can score from distance and take it all the way down the field at any possible moment. That's what Spiller provides, so I can't discount him from the #12 pick.

Exactly. Everyone wants Ronnie to stay and nothing against the guy, but if I was in the FO's shoes I would think it would be hard to look at a 29 year old player that has played ONE full season and trying to convince myself that he is good to keep around. I would try and trade him for a second, let Hilliard and Cobbs fill Ricky's role when he retires and draft Spiller in the first because he has that Homerun speed which Brown does not have. I am tired of watching him get caught from behind when he should be scoring.

dol, Does your sig mean you have us getting Denario in the first rd? iv seen mocks of him going 2nd rd to 7th rd. Goin to all the MU games this year, i love Denario! But i see him in the 3-4th rd. The wr i love is dezmond Brisco. 6'3, catches everything, good routes and faster then poeple think.
Look, I am under no delusions that we will draft Denario Alexander at 12. It is just an expression of my desire to see that wonderful, tall, lenky, wide receivers on the sunny field in Florida at the season's opener. There is no doubt that Briscoe is a different WR than Alexander, and has shown more skills. But what I've seen from Alexander athletically I like. Call me Al Davis.
And quesiton for real, Do you think Dunlap could play a rushing Lb?

No way. Carlos Dunlap is a prototype DE for 3-4. He has no speed or consistency at chasing anything but a quarterback in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom