Miami Dolphins more likely to achieve Top 5 pick than playoffs in ’17 (via ESPN) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins more likely to achieve Top 5 pick than playoffs in ’17 (via ESPN)

We've been so epically lame in the past that if we did beat a good team it left a stank on em. The gestation period to process said stank lasted way too long. Sending most to a downward spiral they could not recoup from.

This lends to the false perception of the schedule being easy after the season is over...Teams are just not able to process the shame fast enough.

Oh, and we injure the crap out of the opposing QB. Man, we had a mean streak going early last year.

It is what it is and good teams beat the other teams on their schedule, regardless of what others think of those teams. However, I think we would all agree the Jets 2, the Bills 2, Rams, Cardinals, 49ers and Browns weren't exactly juggernaughts last season. I think Miami did a good job of beating the opponents they faced. As it stood I think you could count on one hand the number of teams in the entire league last season that you could say Miami wouldn't have gone toe-to-toe and have at least a 50/50 chance of defeating.

I think people are getting worked up over nothing. They didn't say Miami would win 4 or 5 games they said they felt there was an 18% chance it could happen. That means they feel there's an 82% chance it won't. As we've seen in recent years nothing is certain when it comes to how the Dolphins, Bills and Jets will finish. As far as making the playoffs go, there will be 13 teams fighting for two AFC wild card spots and three division winners. If Miami finishes second in the division, which I think they will, they should have a decent shot at one of the spots. It's way too early to worry about that battle. Miami just needs to be in the hunt after 10 games and then see how it plays out from there.

18% chance of a Top 5 pick, a 16% chance of playoffs (so assume 10-6 or better). That means there's a 66% chance of a 6-9 win season according to the "metrics".

18% chance of a Top 5 pick, a 16% chance of playoffs (so assume 10-6 or better). That means there's a 66% chance of a 6-9 win season according to the "metrics".

Sounds about right, with a slightly better chance at 8 or 9 wins than 6 or 7. Just stay in the fight through 10 games and then battle it out from there. The real play push does't start until after week 11, the rest is just fighting for pole position. The big thing for me last season was at the end of games you felt if it's close down the stretch Miami could pull it out. In the past if it was close you felt like "how ware they going to mess this up this week." Miami was closing games expecting to find a way to win, not just hoping that it happens.

Sounds about right, with a slightly better chance at 8 or 9 wins than 6 or 7. Just stay in the fight through 10 games and then battle it out from there. The real play push does't start until after week 11, the rest is just fighting for pole position. The big thing for me last season was at the end of games you felt if it's close down the stretch Miami could pull it out. In the past if it was close you felt like "how ware they going to mess this up this week." Miami was closing games expecting to find a way to win, not just hoping that it happens.

If the defense doesn't improve from last year, I don't see Miami winning more than a handful of games. Colin Kaepernick destroyed Miami last year. SF was 2 yards away from tying that game late last year. When HE plays like that against the defense you know you're in trouble.

Kaepernick had a good game, but remember Miami was up 31-14 in the 4th and let up on the gas a bit. It almost cost them, but the game was similar to Miami's almost comeback againt New England in week 2. A mobile qb vs sub-par linebackers is a recipe for trouble and once you let the qb get you back on your heels it's hard to slow them down.

Last edited:
:yawn :thumbsdown

ESPN, more likely more likely to fall to 6th place for Football news behind NFL, CBS, FOX, NBC, ABC, then actually ever accurately give consistent NFL News.

Historically top 5 means no more then 4-5 wins. I can't see that. Much more likely we make another wildcard with 10 wins.
Yes, I see another four wins from the AFC East again. Don't see us going 0-10 or 1-9 in the rest of the games.

I think the Chargers did have a good draft. And their main issue was coaching. McCoy wasn't very good
Idk, from what I saw from rivers last year it seems like he was doing a good amount of the damage.

Man, it'd be great if that could have been the over/under in Vega$. Imagine the money you can make on guys relying only on numbers and analytics. Hint. Take the over on four wins.

Every year we hear about how tough a schedule is going to be, only to then claim that any success was due to said schedule was too easy.

Going into last year we were predicted to fail because our schedule was to difficult. When we beat expectations, it was because our season was too easy.

Predictions based on strength of schedule don't mean jack.
this. Pre season schedule strength and what actually happens are very different things. The only certainty in ours is we have NE twice. That's the only "given" in terms of what we can expect in how our opponent plays.

this. Pre season schedule strength and what actually happens are very different things. The only certainty in ours is we have NE twice. That's the only "given" in terms of what we can expect in how our opponent plays.

Agree. Sure the 2017 schedule looks tough, but with the exception of the Patriots there's not a team on the schedule that Miami can't beat. A number of games will be decided final 6 or 7 minutes again and if Miami can stay healthy and avoid making deadly mistakes late in games than they can beat any of the remaining 14 AFC teams. In fact I would say they're caplable of knocking off the Patriots in regular season too. The Patriot are going to lose to someone so why not Miami?

The media is all about shock news. If Miami jumped to 5 or 6-0 the whole media collective will declare the end of the Patriots dynasty and the Dolphins are now one of the elite teams in the AFC. The media is by far, more bi polar than most Fins fans.

Back
Top Bottom