miami dolphins number one draft pick for the year 2013 ..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

miami dolphins number one draft pick for the year 2013 .....

another pass rusher on defense or big time play maker on defense, mingo works, love to have that notre dame linebacker

It's early, but most mock drafts i've seen so far has us taking either the
WR from Cal or TN.

moores vey productive but he doesn't have anything close to the same level tools as an edge rusher mingo does...to each his own...i'll go with the get off and explosion that i know will give nfl tackles fits to deal with...

There's no questioning Mingo's explosiveness, athletic ability, motor,his closing speed is second to none but he doesn't seem to like contact very much. He relies more on speed than actual moves. He has a lot to work with, especially his closing burst that teams covet but he's a long way from figuring it out. I'm not as confident as you that NFL tackles will have such a hard time with him until he does refine his game. College tackles didn't.

Look, i'm not trying to rag on Mingo because I know he's and extremely talented and raw player and has the potential to be a monster. I'm just not sure Miami can afford to swing and miss with him. I'd much rather have the production of Moore. Moore will be long gone so its a moot point.

Mingo to me fits much better as an OLB in a 3-4 D. Miami is a primary 4-3 team now and i 'm not sure how he'll hold up at end

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll die if its a tackle.

It is a big need if Jake goes...there is no denying, there is no having it both ways, you cant say we cant pay jake and then let that postion slide. You end up with Colombo all over again.

If we draft a lineman with our first pick this year ... I will go on a 6 month drinking stuper.

I will Join you Dude. We need Playmakers...I don't hear other teams talk about OL as much as we do? We have one of the most expensive OL in the League, yet we are average. Don't want 10 year Starters, which Long will not be. I want Guys who Change Games.

Trade Down, get Alex Okafor DE from Texas or Manti Te'o. Tyler would be a safe pick for Tight End. And Please Kick Daniel Thomas and Egnew to the Curb man.

its going to be BPA at a position of need. A position of need to me is...WR, TE, RT, G, FB, DE, CB, S, LB. You know FB is not being drafted early. All reports lend us to getting a WR in FA.

Free agency will obviously affect how this plays out. WR will be looked at less IMO. Bigger needs are RT, G, CB if we dont get one in FA. DE is needed but we have some youngins who will look to make a step up this year IMO.

With the players in this draft I see right now, CB, DE, RT, G, TE, S are the possibilities.

And dispelling the notion that Eifert is not ranked that high therefore you dont take him is a misnomer IMO. If you see him as a powerful player who will change the way we score points it does not matter to me. He is an impact player. Same as Pouncey. You get a guy for ten years or more who you know will kick azz. That is the draft in the first round IMO. You dont take a guy who you think will be the one who everyone will keep there eye on in the offseason but not produce until week 15 and will take another year to get going. Alot of WR's are like that. Thats why they scare me. Only one WR right now who could make an instant impact and that is Bailey because he can do alot of the things we need a good WR to do right away and look smooth doing it.

One wide receiver doesn't solve our offense's woes. We need at least two more receivers who can stretch the field, IMO. Rolling out Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, and Davone Bess would be nice, until Mike Wallace gets hurt. And then you're back to square one with teams playing red zone defense.

This is not news. Nobody here thinks that Ireland has the balls to take a playmaker in the first.

It is a big need if Jake goes...there is no denying, there is no having it both ways, you cant say we cant pay jake and then let that postion slide. You end up with Colombo all over again.

You can sign a solid tackle through free agency or draft one in the second round. Packers got like 3 Colombo's on their line, they're using their money on weapons not offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom