Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’ | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Rookie DE Charles Harris still ‘developing’ and ‘learning’

Jordan Willis - didn't want to bring his name up - but since you did. I can't help but to keep watching how the two compare, obviously because I was all aboard the Willis train. Cincy seems very pleased so far, however we have a limited sample size so will see how things turn out down the road.
I was right there with you on the Jordan Willis train. Scratched my head how he fell I to the 3rd.
Strip sack fumble against Washington ... I just thought about what might have been.

So...technically, this guy is a bust. Here is the reasoning. He may develop, but by the time he develops he will be near the end of his rookie contract. At that point, we have to either over-pay or let the guy walk after developing. In today's NFL, YOU HAVE TO HIT WITH IMMEDIATE STARTERS. That is the way it is with the CBA. Developing guys for a few years before you get production just isn't good enough anymore.

Jason Peters did eat him up. Bored grizzly bear very fitting analogy

There does need to be some context taken here. Jason peters is a damn good tackle. He eats up a lot of guys when he's healthy. Still Harris has to show more than he did vs the 2nd team left tackle.

Vs peters he looked underpowered trying to play somewhat of a power game. He got toyed with. None of our des did anything with peters.

Last edited:
I doubt he ever lives up to the 1st round selection.

I agree with you and if that's the case Grier and our whole scouting dept should be replaced. It's safe to say that Charles Harris was never on anyone's radar on this forum. Finheaven has a lot of individuals who know football and I dare say are as good or better then the phins scouting dept. and Harris was never on their radar. It almost feels like ted ginn all over again. I just hope he can play because I honestly have not seen anything special about this kid. I hope he proves me wrong but every time I hope someone to prove me wrong they turn out to be garbage.

Jordan Willis has been looking like a straight beast during the preseason and Carl Lawson was very impressive during training camp before he got injured, they were both drafted in the 3rd and 4th rds of the draft. We've been pretty good drafting offense players the past few years but on defense we haven't been so Lucky. You can't draft a guy 22 simply because he has great character and work ethic

I wanted Buddha baker , jarrad Davis or Jordan Willis. I would of been ecstatic if we chose anyone of those players.

I agree with you and if that's the case Grier and our whole scouting dept should be replaced. It's safe to say that Charles Harris was never on anyone's radar on this forum. Finheaven has a lot of individuals who know football and I dare say are as good or better then the phins scouting dept. and Harris was never on their radar. It almost feels like ted ginn all over again. I just hope he can play because I honestly have not seen anything special about this kid. I hope he proves me wrong but every time I hope someone to prove me wrong they turn out to be garbage.

I hope you're wrong too lol, but can't deny his play is concerning. I'm optimistic so I tell myself he just needs LOTS of time to develop, hopefully I'm right, who f****** knows.

I was right there with you on the Jordan Willis train. Scratched my head how he fell I to the 3rd.
Strip sack fumble against Washington ... I just thought about what might have been.

I wonder if we had never done that dumb ass Carroo trade we'd have picked #86 in the 3rd round plus we'd have the comp 3rd and our 4th rounder....once the 2nd round was over and Willis was still on the board we likely would've considered moving up for him in the 3rd with that extra ammo (he was taken at #73)

I wonder if we had never done that dumb *** Carroo trade we'd have picked #86 in the 3rd round plus we'd have the comp 3rd and our 4th rounder....once the 2nd round was over and Willis was still on the board we likely would've considered moving up for him in the 3rd with that extra ammo (he was taken at #73)
Don't put those thoughts into my mind! It's like playing Fantasy Football of what almost could have been! Jordan Willis is like the mini-me for Cam Wake, even moreso than Charles Harris ... and to have had them both for the price of Caroo .... just don't do that to me bro!

. That was the worst reach for need I can ever recall. Not that Teddy isn't an nice player in many respects but #9 overall? Let's hope this Harris kid can get to the QB more than the last #1 DE we took - believe it was another meh / ok / solid player in Odrick.

Back
Top Bottom