Miami express interest in Starks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami express interest in Starks

Solid veteran. Good at everything. Yes, please. I'd have preferred c.j. Anderson (not chris johnson), but he will come MUCH cheaper than c.j., if he signs.

Find another Miller or Ajayi on the 3rd day of the draft.

If Georgia's Keith Marshall's knee checks out, he could be an option on the 3rd day. Also, USC's Tre Madden or Notre Dame's CJ Prosise.

Ha ha i knew it...he just keeps moving down the list...i like this better than chris johnson but boy oh boy is this tannenbaum complete clown shoes

No reason to be giving guaranteed money here but we will

I cant believe how much of a moron the decision maker is in miami yet again

You captaining a Copy and Paste Tour?

He still ran very hard last year... he's 30 but he hasn't had a lot of carries and came into the NFL later. He's got at least two good years left and he's a solid veteran who plays with A LOT of explosiveness.

Would love this signing... Which is why it wont happen.

Other running backs still available include Ronnie Hillman (played under Adam Gase in Denver), Arian Foster, Pierre Thomas, Tim Hightower, Stevan Ridley, Ahmad Bradshaw, Stephen Jackson, Fred Jackson, Joique Bell, Bobby Rainey and Jordan Todman.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...s-to-diaz.html

How Football Outsiders ranks them:

2- Matt Forte --Jets 3 years $12 million
18- Lamar Miller--Texans 4 years $26 million

21- LeGarrett Blount
28- CJ Anderson -- Broncos 4 years $18 million
32- CK2K -- Cardinals 1 year $3 million
34- Ronnie Hillman
40- Chris Ivory -- Jags 5 years $32 million
41- James Starks
42- Alfred Morris
DNQ- Bilal Powell -- Jets 3 years $12 million

Tim Hightower was 4 attempts from qualifying and would have been ranked 14th.

I disagree get a rb on day 3... I heard the mike lb class was stacked in 2016 here after we missed last year turns out that was horse **** once you started breaking down the tape

If you add starks still draft a rb on day 3 somewhere

I agree with that, but if Fournette, McCaffrey, and Chubb come out next year, it's immediately a superior class, and I feel comfortable saying that even this early.

Still support drafting a RB day 3. I support doing that nearly every year, given the high turnaround at the position and the contributions they often make to ST.

Penny wise and pound foolish. All this aggravation could have been avoided courting and being rejected by gimpy and aging RBs if our "brainiacs" would have sprung for an xtra $1.5MM for a better, younger, more durable, lower mileage homegrown back. Ayeholes!

So I'm confused, if we are going to use a draft pick for RB and a guard or two, and a LB, and a CB, and I'm sure another DE . . . . how many picks do we have again??? We are going to have to hit on every single pick in order to get all our needs filled, let alone any depth.

So I'm confused, if we are going to use a draft pick for RB and a guard or two, and a LB, and a CB, and I'm sure another DE . . . . how many picks do we have again??? We are going to have to hit on every single pick in order to get all our needs filled, let alone any depth.

Don't be surprised if this team rolls with a lot of young guns from this year's drafts and priors. Jay Ayaji, Billy Turner, Jamil Douglas, Damontre Moore, Terrence Fede (Fede will probably slot into the Derrick Shelby role), Neville Hewitt, Zach Vigil, Tony Lippett, Bobby McCain. All these guys will likely see significant time in the first and second squads in training camp, along with our future draft choices, whatever they may be.

What makes you think Ajayi is a starting back? Based on last year isn't

Can't really base off last year, he was a change of pace behind Miller? It's not like he got a bunch of carries and failed miserably. Your "based on last year" logic is stupid.

Miller isn't coming back, time to move on.

If we bring in a vet, I see a 60/40 split in favor of Jay.

Back
Top Bottom