Miami fans show no class | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami fans show no class

XNOUGHT

Objective Pats fan ;)
Reaction score
Some of the comments made by the fans here are unbelieveable. Calling Ricky a qeer, a freak, a moron, a backstabber. Saying he is the most hated man in South Florida.

Remember this day everyone. Archive these posts and remember names, because today we see who these Dolphin fans really are.

I think being a fan does not mean you have to be a homer. In fact a FAN wants his team to win. And when we see the fans and the other players get rear ended like this, we take exception.

So go back to your little hole under a rock Patsie slug.

I think people are little shocked and bitter right now is all. The only thing I blame Ricky for is the timing. If the dude wants to retire that is his right. But he should have done in February or March........NOT 5 days before camp opens.

"Stay Classy Miami"

I never knew Miami was filled with so many bigots.

Why, the anger is at the player....not the team. If they wern't loyal to their team there wouldn't be any emotions about him leaving.

XNOUGHT said:
"Stay Classy Miami"

I never knew New England was full of idiots. Talk about lacking class, coming to another teams board to stomp them when t hey are down. Now that is the ultimate lack of class.

Can you say hypocrite?

You take the comments of a few, who are probably talking in the heat of the moment, and say Miami fans have no class?? I would say in general, looking at all the comments made in all the threads, most of them have been pretty objective, while understandably with some degree of emotion. The man did, after all, leave us a few weeks before training camp, knowing that at this late stage in the season it's difficult or impossible to get the kind of running back we need to replace him. His choice, his timing, his self-indulgence.
It's an entirely different situation than a player having to move from a city because, even though he played hard for that city's team, he made an error in an important game, and the city's population turned on him and threatened his life. Like, say, Billy Buckner

look. i'm pissed at ricky. i'll agree. and for the same reason pigskinguy is. the timing. there were some good RB's available in the Draft and during the offseason. calling him names is totally wrong. being mad at him and disliking him? i dont think so. he walked out on his team and his community. when you sign that contract w/ a pro sports team you are more than an athlete. you are a role model and an icon in your community. you have loyalties that other people do not. he turned his back on 51 other guys and 900,000 south floridians. if people say that he was thinking of this long before friday then he should have done it long before friday.

Finfan80 said:
You take the comments of a few, who are probably talking in the heat of the moment, and say Miami fans have no class?? I would say in general, looking at all the comments made in all the threads, most of them have been pretty objective, while understandably with some degree of emotion. The man did, after all, leave us a few weeks before training camp, knowing that at this late stage in the season it's difficult or impossible to get the kind of running back we need to replace him. His choice, his timing, his self-indulgence.
It's an entirely different situation than a player having to move from a city because, even though he played hard for that city's team, he made an error in an important game, and the city's population turned on him and threatened his life. Like, say, Billy Buckner

OWNED

Bye Bye, now.

XNOUGHT said:
"Stay Classy Miami"

Get real. Like Miami fans are any different than any other fan base out there if one of their BEST players just uped and left in the prime of their careers so they can go to Asia and smoke all the pot they want.

If you want to defend his immature actions feel free, but as far as I can see you have as much insight as Ricky does. Not much!

Oliver...

The timing is the only thing that makes me mad :yell: He has to do what makes him and his family happy!

I really couldn't care less what anybody who isn't a Dolphins fan thinks right now. The only way I could try to help you comprehend what is going on is if I gave you a hypathetical like Brady quitting footaball a week before camp to go spend time with his girlfriend. But that isn't really happening so you just can't get the true shock and significants it would bring to your entire season i.e. season tickets, NFL Sunday Ticket, that stuff is expensive man!

Ur ridiculous man. I bet if Brady, Seymour, Law, Wilfork,Troupe,Dillon all decied they wanted to go have a spirtual journey in Asia smoking pot u wouldnt b acting like this. Dont talk about this, u have no idea what its like to b a Miami fan right now. If i say Brady sux does tht make me a bad Dolphin fan?NO! So why does saying Ricky's a backstabber make me a bad fan? Hes not a Dolphin anymore, hes just an average guy.

The more I have thought this out, I firmly believe the drug thing is a BIG reason he left. I remember reading that Ricky during his self discovery in australia took to smoking some kind of apple scented something or other, or maybe it was pot. Faced with quitting pot and playing football, he chose pot. Sorry but I feel like he wanted to meditate and smoke his spice and knew he would be subject to teh league policy. How else do you explain him being so gung ho a month ago and all of a sudden doesnt like it anymore and has been thinking about it for a while?

Oh and patsie fan, how would you react if Brady retired tomorrow, leaving Jim Miller as your only experienced qb? Oh you would be ok with it right? You see we loved Ricky and would have respected him had he done it in february and then Stephen Jackson could have been our pick at 19 or we could have gone after Dillon or Eddie George or even Thomas Jones, but what are options now? He left us with little to choose from and he did it of his own volition. He says those that truly cared about him would understand, well if he cared about his fans and his teammates truly, he wouldnt have left them holding the bag.

I said in an earlier string that I looked up the Camp reports and found that Ricky missed practice on June 1st. So, there were definitley signs. Wanny didn't say anything about the signs being there earlier today but that is because he underestimates his fans. Just look at Finsflurry's camp report under camp reports from 06/01. Ricky was no where to be found. Hmm.

Back
Top Bottom