Miami Players Who Could Elevate their Games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Players Who Could Elevate their Games

There's some exciting young talent on this football team, and quite a few players who may have the opportunities to elevate their play and get more playing time in 2024. Here's my list.

Achane
Already an outstanding player, the next evolution for him is as a receiver out of the backfield. He has the ability to be dynamic there and wasn't used enough. Don't forget, he can also return kicks.

J. Hill
Hill showed a lot of grit and determination as a run blocker. Feels like there's more to his game as a receiver.

Cam Smith
The forgotten man in Vic Fangio's defense, should definitely get a chance to show up for new DC Weaver.

Tindall
Almost feels like a last chance for him. Tindall was way down the list of linebackers in 2023, but could see new life with Weaver.

Kion Smith
Interesting player, who I thought showed well at LT when he got the chance. Is he more than a backup?

Bonner
Another player who made plays in his brief appearances on the field. Miami badly needs depth at corner if Howard leaves. Perhaps Bonner will be in the mix?

EZ
That third wide receiver spot could be up for grabs, depending on what happens in free agency and the draft.

Robert Jones
Another backup offensive lineman, who generally showed pretty well especially as a run blocker. Could he be in the mix at LG ot RG if Hunt leaves?
Tua was good but he needs to elevate his game too. I was good he protected himself and the extra weight was about durability. It looks like he knows how to fall now. I think it's big for him to be able to make plays off script more now, which he was quicker before. Shedding weight but still having his muscle and being strong. I think he could lose weight, keep the muscle, but be slimmed down. If so, then I think he can be more versatile as a qb and help when teams try to jam things and mess up his timing. That he can make plays off script more

Your best players need to step up. That's where games are decided. The lesser guys are typically already known quantities or never-weres who are still held in undeserved fascination:

* Hill and Waddle fewer drops

* Tua lean and more immune to instant panic followed by a forced 20 yarder

* Achane more agile and relaxed in upper body, enabling pass catching adjustment. This may not be possible. We didn't see enough of him in that role to gauge

* Holland attracted to the ball

* Kohou bounce toward 2022 level. This shouldn't be difficult. He displayed too much to give up on

* Sieler a bit higher. His game is very good other than he can be too much of a ground hog. Quarterbacks aren't scared of that. When you don't get there you seldom changed anything. Jones for the Chiefs is such an interior wrecker because he plays his chest up, head up and arms outstretched. Ideally at defensive tackle on pass plays you need one gap shooter and one chest wrecker, both with instincts to play tall upon release.

* Van Ginkel best utilized. I don't know what that would be. He makes plays. Put him in ideal position, especially on 3rd down

* If we resign Hunt he needs to grow up a little bit. There's still too much Louisiana Tech freelancing out there. Offensive linemen need no-nonsense discipline like Thuney

How much more dangerous can this offense be if Tua picks up 10-15 1st downs with his legs next season?

XACTLY!! I don't want him to be Josh Allen, but 3rd and 6 with an open field, get the 1D and slide. If he could have gotten another 5, don't care. Just get the 1D and make the D account for one more weapon.

XACTLY!! I don't want him to be Josh Allen, but 3rd and 6 with an open field, get the 1D and slide. If he could have gotten another 5, don't care. Just get the 1D and make the D account for one more weapon.
If we went back and looked at games, there were yards to be had. I've heard these referred to as free yards because they are there for the taking.

Your best players need to step up. That's where games are decided. The lesser guys are typically already known quantities or never-weres who are still held in undeserved fascination:

* Hill and Waddle fewer drops

* Tua lean and more immune to instant panic followed by a forced 20 yarder

* Achane more agile and relaxed in upper body, enabling pass catching adjustment. This may not be possible. We didn't see enough of him in that role to gauge

* Holland attracted to the ball

* Kohou bounce toward 2022 level. This shouldn't be difficult. He displayed too much to give up on

* Sieler a bit higher. His game is very good other than he can be too much of a ground hog. Quarterbacks aren't scared of that. When you don't get there you seldom changed anything. Jones for the Chiefs is such an interior wrecker because he plays his chest up, head up and arms outstretched. Ideally at defensive tackle on pass plays you need one gap shooter and one chest wrecker, both with instincts to play tall upon release.

* Van Ginkel best utilized. I don't know what that would be. He makes plays. Put him in ideal position, especially on 3rd down

* If we resign Hunt he needs to grow up a little bit. There's still too much Louisiana Tech freelancing out there. Offensive linemen need no-nonsense discipline like Thuney
Agree. Sometimes those under-the-radar players do emerge, although you make a good point.

If Miami loses Wilkins, I think Darius Robinson could be that under tackle type to pair with Seiler. At 290, he is smaller but I like him a lot. A little bit of a chess piece as he can play end and linebacker. Very interesting player.

Hill had nine drops, which is uncharacteristic. I think most of those were towards the end of the season. If I'm not mistaken, he hurt his hand in the Tennessee or Jets game and I wonder if that was a factor?

How much more dangerous can this offense be if Tua picks up 10-15 1st downs with his legs next season?
With the way the linebackers vacate their areas against this offense it’s like taking candy from a baby, unfortunately Tua has not figured that out yet.

hmm, not sure, it really needs to be in the forefront of his brain, part of his repertoire, but so far it’s nowhere to be found
Good point. He also went from being sneaky athletic to not very athletic with the added muscle/weight.

When he moves in the pocket, Tua is looking for the big play which is fine l, but maybe if McDaniel helps him see those "free yards" he can adjust?

Tua mentioned in an article that he had four areas to work on. Didn't specifically mention what those were, but maybe running a little more often is one of them?

Back
Top Bottom