MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MIAMI: Worst fans in AMERICA!!!

YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU GOT TILL ITS GONE

That's because of the next line of the refrain. "They've paved paradise, and put up a parkin' lot." That's why I'm not in FL anymore.

AZPHINFAN75 said:
I live in Phoenix and the Cardinals possibly have the worst fans not the Dolphins. I go to several Dolphin games when they are in this region and there is always a good showing of loud fans. I went to a monday night game several years ago against the Pats(we lost 14-12) in Miami and late in the game when we had a chance to win and the majority of people around me were sitting in their seats being quite, i expected more out of the fans in Miami. Ill be in seattle and Denver this year. So dont say Miami has the worst fans. Because there are alot of us around the country that are big fans and always will be. Oh yea, in case you forgot I believe a team called the D-Backs Beat the yankees in the WS.

I am talking about Miami fans who are in Miami!!

Just to clear that up.

Miami fans in NY also show alot of support when the team comes out to play the Jets

Take a look as to which teams have the highest average filled capacity percentage in the NFL. That means stadium size would be irrelevant. You will see the Fins at the top of that list. Circling, you are way off. I do believe that Buffalo fans haven't been selling out the joint much lately. Even your big comeback vs Houston in the playoffs was not a sellout. Give me a break. NE fans stayed away in droves for many years when they were not winning. Anyone who thinks Miami doesn't have loyal fans is biased against them. Study for a final at a Fins game? Certainly not the games that I attend. Talking about negativity. This subject breeds negavity.

kasaba13 said:
Take a look as to which teams have the highest average filled capacity percentage in the NFL. That means stadium size would be irrelevant. You will see the Fins at the top of that list. Circling, you are way off. I do believe that Buffalo fans haven't been selling out the joint much lately. Even your big comeback vs Houston in the playoffs was not a sellout. Give me a break. NE fans stayed away in droves for many years when they were not winning. Anyone who thinks Miami doesn't have loyal fans is biased against them. Study for a final at a Fins game? Certainly not the games that I attend. Talking about negativity. This subject breeds negavity.

Do you mind qouting me on when i questioned the fins attendance? I bet you wont find it because that is not the issue i'm talking about here. (lets stay focused people)

I had gotten to the point where I hardly ever read or respond to all of the negative Dolphins threads that show up on this message board a long time ago this off season. I use finheaven mostly for DOLPHIN NEWS and not the poetic insight of many of our more pessimistic posters. As die hard Dolphins fans the state of our team should be blatently obvious and shouldn't need to be repeated every freakin day. It's really quite simple. We have question marks on this team and if they work out the team should be really good but if they don't the team could be really bad. I would never go into a season with an attitude that the team has no chance of winning or why would I bother even watching??? Anybody who is worried about anything that happens before late July really needs more hobbies because they have too much time at their hands.

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey how is everyone doing tonight? I have been trying to post a new thread ever since this new format was done and I just figured it out :confused: I know I'm clueless. But on to the reason I am posting this very true thread. I am a die hard Miami Dolphin fan who resides in the world renowned, world famous, mecca of sports, NEW YORK CITY. And living in new york city us fans have been known to be very harsh on our teams (Knicks, Jets, Giants, Rangers and yes even the Yankee's). But I must say that you Miami fans are by far the worst!!!!! :roflmao:

What I have notice about you guys which is the sad part is that its a trickle down effect. It starts off up top with the media!! :eek: Yup, these Miami based sports journalists are some of the worst around. And then you guys read them, believe them, and comeback to sites like these and post all kind of nonsense. Too many times i have come to this site first to see what you guys are talking about only to read the exact same words on a article posted by a journalist. :shakeno:

Now some of you might be reading this and shaking your heads in denial :shakeno: which is understandable because that of course is the first reaction of a guilty person. But this conclusion I have come to was thought out long and hard, and it all started with the Miami Marlins. I'm am in no way a baseball fan but I do enjoy how the Yanks seem to pull it off every year, with last year of course being the exception. But coming here on the regular last year I came across some threads about the Marlins. I even read some articles about the Marlins and heard a few things on WQAM and the biggest thing last year was the poor attendance you fans had for your beloved team. There were talks of selling the team, and how bad they were, and me not knowing no better believed what I read. Then out of nowhere, HEY THE MARLINS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :eek: . I can remember the guys on WQAM saying "All we know is all you guys bashing this team before better not hope on the bandwaggon now." And guess what, you guys took heed, because even in the playoffs the Marlins attendance wasn't nothing to brag about, until the World Series.

After the Marlins won it all you bashers looked like bafoons and hid in your little corner until the coast was clear. But it wasn't you guys fault because like I said it all started with the media and you guys didnt know any better. I witnessed the samething with your Miami Heats. SAME EXACT THING. First it was "they suck, they suck, they suck" Now its a different story coming out of Miami.

Fortunately I like neither the Marlins or the Heat, but unfortunately for me, I do love my Miami Dolphins and because I do live in NY and have to read articles based in Miami I have to put up with constant nonsene, negative publicity, and quick judgements. It is very frustating but it is something I do put up with and deal with. Anyone who disagree's just look at what you guys have posted today and look at the articles posted by your Miami based journalist.

Hey its just something to think about and observe.

:cooldude:

NY based Dolphin fan signing off!!! ;)

**"YOU NEVER MISS A GOOD THING TILL IT LEAVES YOU"**
I knew a thread like this would pop up somewhere...

Yeah, a lot of members post negative foolishness here, but to say that they and the media represents the ENTIRE population of Miami fans is ridiculous.

The Marlins argument is weak. I'm tired of hearing about it. The national media always puts a negative spin on it. We never had baseball here until '93, and it started to catch on somewhat, we win the World Series in '97...then the team is stripped apart. Then we're supposed to still support them even though ownership showed NO commitment to winning? Everytime a player got better, they traded him because of payroll concerns. What kind of team is that to root for?

Imagine going through this....."My favorite player is Kevin Brown..oh wait, they traded him for a scrub minor leaguer...okay well I still like Edgar Rentaria (sp?)...he's gone too? Umm, Gary Sheffield is still worth paying to go see..oh they traded him for a pack of cigarettes. That's okay. Let's go out to the ballpark anyway and root for that #24 kid who just came up from AAA..whoever he is."

Then, finally, they put a team together again, and NOW you're seeing good attendance...it's funny how fan support changes when the people in charge actually show a commitment to winning. Part of the reason there wasn't much support before is because the fans didn't know if the Marlins would even be around.

This is one of the many reasons we all hate NY fans...your snobbish attitude. NY fans always want to come down from the mountain with tablets and declare us bad fans. Typical. :rolleyes:

DolFinatic718 said:
If anyone is greatly offended by my post............GOOD :roflmao: because then it means that it applies to you. Like someone once told me "If it dont apply let it fly" and that is the case here. I wasn't talking to YOU in paticular, I was talking to whoever is guilty of always posting negativity, name calling, team bashing etc. In no means am I telling anyone including YOU how to cheer on your team, but when non creditial, unmerited, regular civilian fans like you and I choose to plague a site devoted to the uplifting of a nation football team, I take it a little personal.

I think I speak for alot of people who believe that the negativity on this site has gone toooooo far, and that is putting it nicely. This is your team, cheer this team on through the good and the bad, thats a true fan. Placing a microscope on everything that goes wrong will not help any cause.

I think we all know wanny is not a genius and jay doesn't puke gold nuggets, none of that would be "realistic" as you said you were, but they are human beings who are part of a team we all supposedly love, so lets just act like it. :cooldude:
I agree. It's gone wayyy too far. Constant whining for nothing.

DolFinatic718 said:
1st off what has any team from Atlanta done worthy of much praise? We are not talking about the Atlanta Falcons here we are talking about the great franchise of the Miami Dolphins ( lets stay focus here).

Secondly the attendance for Marlins games during the regular season was pitiful to put nicely. Showing your a true fan doesn't start during the playoffs.

Thirdly Yankee fans are tremendous, and why shouldn't they be? They are the most spoiled fans in baseball in the last decade. Thats like saying the bulls fans were awful when Jordan and Pippen were winning everything. And your attendance argument has no merit and is based on speculation, remember you live in NY how do you know where most of the fans in Miami are from? And I have been down in Miami on a few occasions and I dont care how many names you can call Miami I dont know too many places more diverse then NY. So that argument for fan attendence is pure speculation. Like someone already posted, Hurricane games be jumping! And the columnist here are among the best around the world, I read the paper alot and even when the Knicks were doing bad there was always a ounce of optimism, thats what being a New Yorker (not Yawker) is all about.

Lastly I am not bashing my beloved die hard fans. I love the devotion they have for this team. I dont appreciate the ones looking for attention so they post nonsense, we all know who they are. If this doesn't apply to you you can just ignore it but as we already know, the majority of you here are guilty of pathetic negative threads, and anyone who has been here atleast a week will admit to it.

The Atlanta Braves have won 10 straight division titles and 1 World Series in the last 10 years. That sounds worthy of praise to me.

Yankees fans are among the worst. I've been to Yankee Stadium for a Mariners/Yankees game, and many Yankees fans were really rude. I was one of the only Mariners fans there, and luckily, we won. :) It is well known that Yankees fans aren't exactly the most well behaved.

You don't have to live in Miami to know that the area is filled with transplants. I've been to Miami a few times, and there are a ton of people in South Florida from other places. A major reason why some Miami sports teams don't have great attendance numbers is because a lot of people in the area aren't from Miami and don't support Miami teams.

Dolfan954 said:
I knew a thread like this would pop up somewhere...

Yeah, a lot of members post negative foolishness here, but to say that they and the media represents the ENTIRE population of Miami fans is ridiculous.

The Marlins argument is weak. I'm tired of hearing about it. The national media always puts a negative spin on it. We never had baseball here until '93, and it started to catch on somewhat, we win the World Series in '97...then the team is stripped apart. Then we're supposed to still support them even though ownership showed NO commitment to winning? Everytime a player got better, they traded him because of payroll concerns. What kind of team is that to root for?

Imagine going through this....."My favorite player is Kevin Brown..oh wait, they traded him for a scrub minor leaguer...okay well I still like Edgar Rentaria (sp?)...he's gone too? Umm, Gary Sheffield is still worth paying to go see..oh they traded him for a pack of cigarettes. That's okay. Let's go out to the ballpark anyway and root for that #24 kid who just came up from AAA..whoever he is."

Then, finally, they put a team together again, and NOW you're seeing good attendance...it's funny how fan support changes when the people in charge actually show a commitment to winning. Part of the reason there wasn't much support before is because the fans didn't know if the Marlins would even be around.

This is one of the many reasons we all hate NY fans...your snobbish attitude. NY fans always want to come down from the mountain with tablets and declare us bad fans. Typical. :rolleyes:

Yankee fans fail to understand that how their team spends money is unfair. What they do crushes small market teams. The Yankees drive salaries high and small market teams can't afford players, so the smaller teams lose all of their good players, and since the team is putting a crappy product on the field, less fans show up. Baseball needs a salary cap badly, the game is becoming a joke since one team can spend tens of millions dollars more than the second highest spending team.

My attendance comment was aimed at Circling. Just because Miami fans aren't a-holes like they are in Buffalo, NE and NY does not mean they are not passionate.

Come on, being a little harsh! There are easily two, maybe three cities with worse fans!
Seriously, in terms of quality of fans you have two kinds around the country: Fans who are too passionate about their teams to the point of booing an injured opposing player or throwing things at opposing players (New York, Philly) and fans who are too negative but also seem to oddly not get real excited about anything their team does, especially at the games (Atlanta, Miami). And by the way, when the Braves went from worst to first in one season, you had lots of guys who couldn't have cared less about them one year -in fact made all sorts of stupid jokes on morning talk radio shows about how bad they were -suddenly calling themselves 'fans' the next year.
I live in New York, see what the media does here, see how the fans are. That stuff about Miami being a melting pot doesn't fly, a huge percentage of people move here from other places and immediately take up Jets/Giants/Yankee/Knick colors. It also doesn't apply that stadiums here are easier to get to, Shea, Giants Stadium and Yankee Stadium are kind of a hassle (esp Giants Stadium). That being said, I always have to laugh when I hear the Yankee announcers say how badly the Yankees are treated on a road trip -Yankees fans are some of the least hospitable -many New York fans you can't really call sports fans, more like partisans -they more or less just care about seeing their team win, they don't care as much about watching a good game/sportmanship.
I agree wholeheartedly, unfortunately, with some of the criticisms of Miami fans. It does start with the press, who get down on our guys very quickly with a "We're doomed! Doomed!" attitude. It does spill over to the fan base and the players. Also, as much as there are Dolphin fans country-wide, why is it that Jets games in Miami seem like they are in NY? What happened last season on Monday night vs. the Eagles, why were we outcheered so badly? Even in games where there are NOT large throngs of guys outcheering us it does seem that people leave too early and sit on their hands while there.
We have a good team! We should recognize that, maybe put a little passion into it. Part of being a fan is wishful thinking -there are better teams than the Dolphins, but when we play them I still think we will win

Bodzilla29 said:
Atlanta is THEE worst sports town in America, bar none.

Damn straight! I lived there 1.5 yrs and they are the worst for every sport. We could walk up to the Georgia Dome 30 min. before kickoff and get seats on the 40yrd. line, upper deck. I hear things are just about the same thes e days, even with Vick healthy. Like a lot of super growth cities, everybody from some place else and they bring their team loyalties with them.

How they got another NHL franchise, I'll never know.Somebody must have nude pics of Gary Bettman and a sheep. :roflmao:

kasaba13 said:
My attendance comment was aimed at Circling. Just because Miami fans aren't a-holes like they are in Buffalo, NE and NY does not mean they are not passionate.

Dont forget philly :lol:

DolFinatic718 said:
Hey how is everyone doing tonight? I have been trying to post a new thread ever since this new format was done and I just figured it out :confused: I know I'm clueless. But on to the reason I am posting this very true thread. I am a die hard Miami Dolphin fan who resides in the world renowned, world famous, mecca of sports, NEW YORK CITY. And living in new york city us fans have been known to be very harsh on our teams (Knicks, Jets, Giants, Rangers and yes even the Yankee's). But I must say that you Miami fans are by far the worst!!!!! :roflmao:

What I have notice about you guys which is the sad part is that its a trickle down effect. It starts off up top with the media!! :eek: Yup, these Miami based sports journalists are some of the worst around. And then you guys read them, believe them, and comeback to sites like these and post all kind of nonsense. Too many times i have come to this site first to see what you guys are talking about only to read the exact same words on a article posted by a journalist. :shakeno:

Now some of you might be reading this and shaking your heads in denial :shakeno: which is understandable because that of course is the first reaction of a guilty person. But this conclusion I have come to was thought out long and hard, and it all started with the Miami Marlins. I'm am in no way a baseball fan but I do enjoy how the Yanks seem to pull it off every year, with last year of course being the exception. But coming here on the regular last year I came across some threads about the Marlins. I even read some articles about the Marlins and heard a few things on WQAM and the biggest thing last year was the poor attendance you fans had for your beloved team. There were talks of selling the team, and how bad they were, and me not knowing no better believed what I read. Then out of nowhere, HEY THE MARLINS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :eek: . I can remember the guys on WQAM saying "All we know is all you guys bashing this team before better not hope on the bandwaggon now." And guess what, you guys took heed, because even in the playoffs the Marlins attendance wasn't nothing to brag about, until the World Series.

After the Marlins won it all you bashers looked like bafoons and hid in your little corner until the coast was clear. But it wasn't you guys fault because like I said it all started with the media and you guys didnt know any better. I witnessed the samething with your Miami Heats. SAME EXACT THING. First it was "they suck, they suck, they suck" Now its a different story coming out of Miami.

Fortunately I like neither the Marlins or the Heat, but unfortunately for me, I do love my Miami Dolphins and because I do live in NY and have to read articles based in Miami I have to put up with constant nonsene, negative publicity, and quick judgements. It is very frustating but it is something I do put up with and deal with. Anyone who disagree's just look at what you guys have posted today and look at the articles posted by your Miami based journalist.

Hey its just something to think about and observe.

:cooldude:

NY based Dolphin fan signing off!!! ;)

**"YOU NEVER MISS A GOOD THING TILL IT LEAVES YOU"**

Once a New Yorker always a New Yorker!
Regardless of who they root for New Yorkers always ..... LAUGHABLY.... think they are better than the rest. Do all of us horrible fans in this horrible city a favor. Stay there in your beloved city and keep the rest of your arogant NY buddies there with you.

It always amazes me to hear all the NY'ers, who live here in S. FL. tell me how NY is the greatest place in the world to live although they moved! :lol: NY is the greatest city in the world yet NY'ers flocks out of their great city to move to S. Florida quicker than a prostitute would run out of church. :shakeno:

Idiots

DolFinatic718 said:
Lastly I am not bashing my beloved die hard fans. I love the devotion they have for this team. I dont appreciate the ones looking for attention so they post nonsense, we all know who they are. .

Yes, I'd say you pointed yourself out quite clearly as one of these people posting drivel. Congrats

Back
Top Bottom