Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Vick....the most overrated QB of all time

Charlie Brown

down like a clown Charlie Brown
Reaction score
Ive never liked Michael Vick and I have always thought he was overrated as hell.

Career completion percentage: a whopping 53.8%
career rating: a whopping 75.7

His best year was in 2002 when he threw for a whopping 16 Touchdowns and 8 INTS and less than 3,000 yards with 54.9 completion %

That same year he was selected to the pro bowl by the fans. How? and why? I dont know

wait....it gets better
in 2004 he threw a whopping 14 TD (holy ****....I know) and only 12 INTS! Not only that but he also threw an outstanding 2,313 yards that year and finished with a 78.1 rating....and he STILL MAKES THE PRO BOWL?

that same year Vick signed a contract worth $130 million! Why? and how? I dont know

Before the whole dog fighting thing...Michael Vick was one of the top 5 richest athletes

What has Michael Vick done? I think hes won 2 playoff games maybe...big deal Rex Grossman has won 2 or 3.

here is a list of QB who have better career rating that Michael Vick

1. Sage Rosenfels 79.5
2. Rob Johnson 83.6
3. Jay Fiedler 77.1
4. Brian Griese 82.7
5. Steve Beuerlein 80.3
6. Chris redman 79.5

Im just tired of everyone saying that Michael Vick is "So Special".... Ive heard that since he was draft 1st overall in 2001

and Im tired of people making excuses saying "he didnt have any good WR's"
Because in 2005 Michael Vick got hurt and missed a game.....matt schuab came in a threw for 495 yards and 4 TD's ...the WR's were catching the ball just fine

Vick is a mediocre QB, always has been in the NFL. The fact that he made the Pro Bowl thrice is proof how pop opinion has too much sway, making the title nearly useless in general. Yes, the guy had great legs in Atlanta. Too bad he was a quarterback(and a rotten human being). 14 TDs and 12 INTs is a bad year. Period. Punctuation Mark!

michael vick is definitely an overrated quarterback.

BUT.

he's, imo, the most exciting football player i've ever seen play the game. Some might argue that he cracks their top 5 or top 10, but all in all michael vick was an entertainer, a seat filler, a primetime show.
And in a professional sport, it don't get no better than this. Arthur blank didn't give squat about a championship when he had vick obviously because he gave him like a 10 year extension, the point in pro football is to make money and michael vick was the ideal guy to do that in the nfl. You can ask him to win games, gain yardage and crack the sportscenter highlights every week, but winning a superbowl ? i don't think so. But he will be watched because of the afored mentionned reasons and arthur blank made big money with vick

anyways... i really wish he comes back to the nfl, he's fun to watch play, and i believe in second chances (no matter how popular or well paid you are or how dumb you've been)

Last edited by a moderator:
The new most overrated dolphin is PAt White.

The most overrated qb of all time is actually Joe Namath

damn man, at least mention his rushing touchdowns too. That was part of his game also. Bias anyone?

damn man, at least mention his rushing touchdowns too. That was part of his game also. Bias anyone?

2002 he rushed for 777 yards and 8TD's

2004 he rushed for 902 yards and 3TD's

Not too many QB's have that dimension to their game and his ability to rush the ball must always be a factor when discussing his playing ability.

what i find more ridiculous and pathetic in the whole mike vick saga, is that if his name was peyton manning, he probably wouldn't have done any jail, then again if he did, everyone would be welcoming him with open arms.

and people say racism is a thing of the past ... sheesh ...

wether you like his style or not, mike vick should be given a chance, and believe me a LOT of nfl teams would want him on their teams but because he's not supported by the media and the majority of americans, they will shut the door to vick, to save face and not create a whole circus around the team

*** on a sidenote, i'm caucasian so don't give me that "it's because you're black" thing ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vick was an UNDERRATED QB, all he did was win w/ Atlanta. Stats can be overrated, stats are why Peyton Manning is vastly overrated. Vick was obviously not a classic QB but he made plays and his teams won alot more than they lost.

The new most overrated dolphin is PAt White.

The most overrated qb of all time is actually Joe Namath

I am a Jet fan but I agree. Had Namath stayed healthy i think he would have been one of the best but he couldn't stay healthy.

Vick was an UNDERRATED QB, all he did was win w/ Atlanta. Stats can be overrated, stats are why Peyton Manning is vastly overrated. Vick was obviously not a classic QB but he made plays and his teams won alot more than they lost.

Manning has won whereas Vick hasn't.

How many times has Manning led Indy to the playoffs? Manning also has a Super Bowl ring. If you want to judge a QB by team success, Manning has Vick beat. If you want to judge a QB by individual production and ability, Manning has Vick beat. Case closed.

Manning had a Championship team around him, Manning should have 2-3 SB apps. Vick led an average team to an NFC Title Game.

Manning has been the reason Indy hasn't won more in the playoffs and while peyton is better than Vick he is still overrated b/c some people think he's in the discussion for best of all time or that he is better than Brady and he's not near the discussion for best ever and he's not near Brady.

Manning had a Championship team around him, Manning should have 2-3 SB apps. Vick led an average team to an NFC Title Game.

Manning has been the reason Indy hasn't won more in the playoffs and while peyton is better than Vick he is still overrated b/c some people think he's in the discussion for best of all time or that he is better than Brady and he's not near the discussion for best ever and he's not near Brady.

Well Indy hasn't been as often as 2-3 times because of New England. Sure Brady has had more success than Manning, no doubt. Vick was an electric running QB who certainly could put a hurting on a team but he was never worthy of winning a title. I don't think he ever will which is great IMO.

Well Indy hasn't been as often as 2-3 times because of New England. Sure Brady has had more success than Manning, no doubt. Vick was an electric running QB who certainly could put a hurting on a team but he was never worthy of winning a title. I don't think he ever will which is great IMO.

Manning has been to only one b/c he often finds himself choking come January.

Had Atlanta kept building around him I think he could have been good enough to win a title but putting that he was much better than people give him credit for b/c he won alot of games for Atlanta including the first ever road team to win at lambeau in postseason and leading his team to an NFC Title Game.

Back
Top Bottom