**** Michigan Football **** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Michigan Football ****

A TD taken off the board and 2 pick sixes yet still a complete domination. That defense is really good. Speight kills me. Excellent in the pocket, reads defense pre snap well, but his timing and accuracy is inconsistent.

Have I mentioned that I love Don Brown? I have an entire folder dedicated just to his defensive scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: MD
The difference in speed with Metellus, Bush, and Hudson is makes all the world of difference. there are plays sthey stopped before it happened that previous defenses (even under Harbaugh) wouldn't stop due to lack of speed

Devin Bush Jr is a flat out stud. That defense is loaded with speed and athleticism. And like Shula raves about, that scheme is awesome. Smartest hire Harbaugh made was Don Brown.

Devin Bush Jr is a flat out stud. That defense is loaded with speed and athleticism. And like Shula raves about, that scheme is awesome. Smartest hire Harbaugh made was Don Brown.

I wish the NCAA had some sort of GamePass. It'd be fun to pair up all the defensive notes and playbook images I have with clips of the game.

Here's just a few examples from Brown's Spurs call:

Hot pro trip.jpg Hot spread.jpg Fresno keys2.jpg

I wish the NCAA had some sort of GamePass. It'd be fun to pair up all the defensive notes and playbook images I have with clips of the game.

Here's just a few examples from Brown's Spurs call:

View attachment 9652 View attachment 9653 View attachment 9654

rtsportsuploads posts condensed games on YouTube. OSU, MICH, and Clemson games were all up yesterday/last night. Haven't checked this morning, but the Alabama game is probably up already.

Speaking of, Mich, OSU, Alabama, and Clemson look like theyll be the top 4 D's in the nation. No surprise there.

rtsportsuploads posts condensed games on YouTube. OSU, MICH, and Clemson games were all up yesterday/last night. Haven't checked this morning, but the Alabama game is probably up already.

Speaking of, Mich, OSU, Alabama, and Clemson look like theyll be the top 4 D's in the nation. No surprise there.

Thank you so much.

Bush should've been ejected. Overturning that call was bizarre. You guys were clearly the better coached team. Yet another season of watching shitty QBs for the gators.

Bush should've been ejected. Overturning that call was bizarre. You guys were clearly the better coached team. Yet another season of watching ****ty QBs for the gators.

Jim McElwain's seat is getting hot and rightfully so. Gators didn't even need to be average offensively to win, they just needed so much as a pulse on offense. They don't have one without Callaway. Definitely don't have one without Callaway and Scarlett.

I lost count of how many times the defense gave up 25 yards and the first down after Michigan runs a simple counter play on 3rd and long.

All the suspensions and injuries hurt Florida in big moments. Especially the true freshman with no experience back there patrolling the MOF on the long TD to Black.

Florida just doesn't look like top 25 material yet. Which by the same token doesn't bode all that well for Wolverines either. That was not a good football team they beat yesterday.

Bush should've been ejected. Overturning that call was bizarre. You guys were clearly the better coached team. Yet another season of watching ****ty QBs for the gators.
The same hit the Gator DB laid on Black later in the game with no penalty. No issue with either.

Jim McElwain's seat is getting hot and rightfully so. Gators didn't even need to be average offensively to win, they just needed so much as a pulse on offense. They don't have one without Callaway. Definitely don't have one without Callaway and Scarlett.

I lost count of how many times the defense gave up 25 yards and the first down after Michigan runs a simple counter play on 3rd and long.

All the suspensions and injuries hurt Florida in big moments. Especially the true freshman with no experience back there patrolling the MOF on the long TD to Black.

Florida just doesn't look like top 25 material yet. Which by the same token doesn't bode all that well for Wolverines either. That was not a good football team they beat yesterday.
Their OL was supposed to be a strength but was no match for Michigan's DL. Far to much was made about the inexperience with 10 new starters. Michigan does a good job rotating players so many saw extensive action last year. Florida players were ignorant in saying Michigan is slow laterally and they showed they're not. The secondary may be an issue when they come across a good throwing QB but they have good football IQs and will grow up. I think it's a mistake to sell that defense short and after yesterday I think teams will view them differently.

Both teams have issues with poor QB play though Speight is capable of playing well he's just inconsistent. Poor timing and accuracy in my opinion. It was interesting Florida switched to Zaire instead of Del Rio who outperformed Zaire in spring and fall camp according to some reports. Perhaps McIlwain felt a mobile QB was best to avoid the pressure but that didnt work either.

I don't see Michigan in the playoff yet but they're a team that can push the Buckeyes and Penn State if they can get good QB play. Next year I'll look for them to be amongst the top 5.

yeah like MD said our big issue will be the QB. Florida's only 2 TDs came from pick 6s (though the first wasn't Speight's fault), and Speight tends to be a guy that will go into a shell if things go poorly. Ulizio also needs to be better at RT, but let's not act like Michigan lucked out or won just because Florida was awful.

The same hit the Gator DB laid on Black later in the game with no penalty. No issue with either.

I think they both should've got the boot.

Have a feeling our teams are each in for a long season. Lots of things not to like on either side. QB issues don't tend to work themselves out.

Last edited:
I will agree that QB is concerning if that Wilton Speight is around all year. Not a huge O'Korn guy, and it actually sounds like Brandon Peters has fallen behind Dylan McCaffrey in the pecking order. That being said Speight also showed last year that when he is on he is on.

I think they both should've got the boot.

Have a feeling our teams are each in for a long season. Lots of things not to like on either side. QB issues don't tend to work themselves out.
Honestly I was shocked they didn't toss Bush Jr.

Back
Top Bottom