Mid-Season: Who You "Got" at Number Seven? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mid-Season: Who You "Got" at Number Seven?

My first wish is WR (Smith or Waddle). If Parson is taken at 7 (I wouldn't cry, but there would be no applause either) then a WR needs to be taken with our pick.

As far as Running back is concerned, I'm willing to hear what LeVeon Bell and or Leonard Fournette are willing to do with their respective teams. The I would move RB down to 3rd/4th round.

My first wish is WR (Smith or Waddle). If Parson is taken at 7 (I wouldn't cry, but there would be no applause either) then a WR needs to be taken with our pick.

As far as Running back is concerned, I'm willing to hear what LeVeon Bell and or Leonard Fournette are willing to do with their respective teams. The I would move RB down to 3rd/4th round.
Your running back thoughts are exactly what I think Miami will do. I expect the team to look for a veteran free agent on the cheap. A bounce back option and then middle rounds for a running back in the draft. Now, if Harris drops to that 2b pick, which doesn't seem at all likely, that could change things.

Parsons and Moses are likely the only 2 1st round LB's this year.

Not counting "edge" rusher types like Roche.

Not a great defensive class overall to be honest.
Do you think Flores would use Roche in a Van Noy role? He's a hard evaluation because as a DE I think teams will run at him. Although he has improved some there. Really like him as a pass rusher though.

Do you think Flores would use Roche in a Van Noy role? He's a hard evaluation because as a DE I think teams will run at him. Although he has improved some there. Really like him as a pass rusher though.
For Van Noy role you get someone like Van Ginkel, big fast strong can play multiple position. In the draft the Edge from UW fit most.

Yeah I was thinking same thing that first pick could end up in an odd spot. I think if Parsons is gone I’m taking Best Receiver available: Chase, Waddle, Smith probably in that order

Right now I am leaning on trading down a little bit(from 7 or 8) if Parsons is gone.

I would be more comfortable taking WR a little later while adding a 2nd rounder or future pick for my trouble.Hopefully a team will want a QB(or maybe CB) who is still on the board and will want to move up from the early teen area where the Fins could still land one of the top 3 WR or possibly Pitts.

Using a top 10 pick at that position just does not sit well with me, you are over paying.

We just need guys who can separate. Smith is the best at that but you can also get that from Bateman and Olave who would be good value lower down.

Right now I am leaning on trading down a little bit(from 7 or 8) if Parsons is gone.

I would be more comfortable taking WR a little later while adding a 2nd rounder or future pick for my trouble.Hopefully a team will want a QB(or maybe CB) who is still on the board and will want to move up from the early teen area where the Fins could still land one of the top 3 WR or possibly Pitts.

Using a top 10 pick at that position just does not sit well with me, you are over paying.
I don’t disagree with this at all. Take Smith at say 12 instead of Chase at 6 and get a pick.

Let me ask you this. Value and production wise, where would you rank Pitts with Chase, Smith and Waddle?

I mean, in essence, Pitts is a receiver and a tremendous mismatch. I'm thinking why get stuck on that TE label?

I feel like you could draft Pitts and just call him a WR, use him like Kelce and not ask him to block much.

The trouble is Miami has a guy like that already in Gesicki so it would not make much sense for the Fins to take him.

I really like the kid, but i would take any of the top 3 or 4 WR's over him for the Fins.

if there were not quality WR options available I would be more willing to take him and figure out how to use him later, he is that good.

Back
Top Bottom