Mid-Season: Who You "Got" at Number Seven? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mid-Season: Who You "Got" at Number Seven?

If the draft was tomorrow there would be a good chance Parsons would be there at 7 looking at the teams above us needs.

1. Jets - Lawrence
2. Jags - Fields
3. Cowboys - Farley
4. Giants - Sewell
5. Washington - Lance
6. Chargers - Leatherwood

The Cowboys could go for Parsons but their secondary is abysmal and surely will be top priority. The Chargers are desperate for Oline help.

That would give us 3 great options.
A) Parsons
B) Chase
C) Trade down with someone wanting Zach Wilson
I could see the Giants taking Parsons. But I would like those options for Miami if it went down that way.

ya it’s brutal to think about. We need that pick to exceptional to help propel us.

This pick, right now, is the fourth most valuable asset we have behind Tua, Flores and the stadium they play in.

I also don’t want to go WR that high if the grade on Chase is high enough I’d be ok with it, if Parsons is gone and Rousseau doesn’t seem worth the selection. I support their decisions to opt out but would’ve loved to seen more of GR.

If things broke right for us I’d really love to get a combination of Penei Sewell and Creed Humphrey......and wish the rest of the league good luck stopping Tua.

QBs care more about their protection than their skill players so it wouldn’t shock me if we try and create a dominant OL.

Trade down scenarios might be in play for us at both 1st round spots, depending on where some of these QBs fall not named Trevor or Justin.

I’d be ok with extending our draft assets into the future.
Makes sense. Miami's focus should be protecting Tua and drastically improving the skill players around him.

The offensive line is a work in progress. I'd like to see the Dolphins resign Karras. But I'd be happy with Sewell at 1a.

Seven might be a no-man's spot in this draft. Not that there won't be excellent talent available there, but Miami could be in a position to miss out on Parsons and even a potential trade down scenario with a quarterback needy team. We'll see of course, but top five figures to be something like this (in no order): Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Parsons, Lance. Chase and Surtain II might be in the mix. I've made no bones about Parsons being my top player as I just see him as an excellent fit in a Flores defense. Linebackers rarely go top 5, but I think Parsons will. If he's gone, and the top 5 goes something like above, whose your pick at #7?

I would probably go Chase there. I know that's high for a wide receiver and the talent at that position goes deep in this draft. But Miami's next pick could end up being in the low 20's, which means Smith, Waddle, Bateman and Moore could all be off the board.

Miami needs a linebacker, but #7 is way too high for Bolton or Moses. Moses hasn't looked that great this season, but he's probably still a first rounder. I've seen Bolton mocked in the early second, but I think he goes sooner than that. Really like Bolton and would highly consider him with that 1b selection, depending on who else is available.

The Dolphins need a DT, preferably someone who can stuff the run. Barmore, from Alabama, may end up somewhere in the top 15 and could be the first DT off the board. Wilson has had a rough year, but he's probably still a first rounder, maybe available for Miami's 1b. Tufele, of USC, is nice as a late first, early second. I believe he opted out. Georgia's Davis and LSU's Shelvin are run stuffers. Twyman is one of the more intriguing DT's, as someone who plays in the opponents backfield and can pressure the qb.

Pass rushers? This is a buyer beware group, but there are players emerging. Pitts Jones is probably my favorite and maybe pushing into the top 15. Paye of Michigan, is another to watch. Rosseau is an opt out, who I think will fall quite a bit. He's very talented, but with just one year under his belt, that might be hard for a team to pull the trigger on early. Roche is interesting. I could see him in that Van Noy role for the Dolphins.

Offensive line? After spending so many high picks there in 2020, can the Dolphins afford to look middle rounds instead?
It's a pick i'd explore trading down unless Parsons or Sewell were available. If I absolutely had to make a pick i'd probably go Surtain. I think there are going to be some really good WR's in the 2nd round. I'm iffy on Waddle after the injury, same with Chase.

I wouldn't have any issue drafting Smith Top 10. Said it in April, but I think he ends up the best 'Bama WR since Julio. He can separate like Cooper, Ridley, and Jeudy, but his ball skills and attention to detail separates him from those guys (for me). Physical tools are awesome, but skill is king at WR, and Smith is as skilled as they come.

It's a pick i'd explore trading down unless Parsons or Sewell were available. If I absolutely had to make a pick i'd probably go Surtain. I think there are going to be some really good WR's in the 2nd round. I'm iffy on Waddle after the injury, same with Chase.
Sewell and Parsons would be my top targets as well. Flores loves the secondary so I wouldn't dismiss Surtain.

I read this morning NFL is targeting the 2 year salary reduction spread already agreed upon. 175M floor.
I have no doubt this will play into underclassmen not declaring.
Anyone one the time difference between the need to declare and when the nfl will officially announce the cap?
I believe it is more possible Lawrence and fields will both return rather than declare. Money talks and the nfl is going to hurt themselves allowing such a dramatic one year drop.

I wouldn't have any issue drafting Smith Top 10. Said it in April, but I think he ends up the best 'Bama WR since Julio. He can separate like Cooper, Ridley, and Jeudy, but his ball skills and attention to detail separates him from those guys (for me). Physical tools are awesome, but skill is king at WR, and Smith is as skilled as they come.
Would love to pick your brain about a couple of prospects. One is Marshall from LSU. Personally, he looks pretty similar to Bateman who most are projecting as a top 20 prospect. Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Marshall? Am I missing something there? Would love to pair Smith/Chase or Waddle with a Marshall type. Parker, Smith/Chase or Waddle, and Marshall could be deadly with Tua behind center.

Twyman is another player who I think is very intriguing. He's mentioned among the top DT's in this draft, so certainly not underrated in any way. Just wanted your thoughts on how he would fit in Miami. I feel like the Dolphins need a run stuffer playing opposite of Wilkins, but every time I watch Twyman he is playing in the opponents backfield. Thoughts on DT's in this draft?

Would love to pick your brain about a couple of prospects. One is Marshall from LSU. Personally, he looks pretty similar to Bateman who most are projecting as a top 20 prospect. Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for Marshall? Am I missing something there? Would love to pair Smith/Chase or Waddle with a Marshall type. Parker, Smith/Chase or Waddle, and Marshall could be deadly with Tua behind center.

Twyman is another player who I think is very intriguing. He's mentioned among the top DT's in this draft, so certainly not underrated in any way. Just wanted your thoughts on how he would fit in Miami. I feel like the Dolphins need a run stuffer playing opposite of Wilkins, but every time I watch Twyman he is playing in the opponents backfield. Thoughts on DT's in this draft?
Marshall was the 2nd ranked WR coming out of HS, and you can see why. He's long, fast, and really quick for a guy his size. I do like Bateman better - like the way he creates separation, attacks the ball, and transitions from catch to run. I also think he plays with better balance than Marshall. But, Marshall is a versatile weapon, because he moves like a smaller WR. Not as thick, but he reminds me some of Dwayne Bowe.

I'd love to get both Smith and Waddle, but pairing Smith or Waddle with Bateman, Marshall, Wallace, or Moore would be cool, too. Maybe even a guy like Olave later.

A. Parsons or B. Rousseau would be my ideal choices with the early first round pick assuming they test/interview well. I want to start filling that defense with monsters.

Both players opted out for the 2020 season, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I see both developing into impact players for the NFL with the right coaching. Leaning more toward Parsons at this time based on team need. A great MLB would really pay off and elevate this defense, but if Parsons bombs the interviews or gets drafted before us go with plan B. Rousseau showed plenty of skill and potential on the tape during his (RS)freshman year. If he shows up in top shape for the combine and crushes the workouts and interviews I would draft him without hesitation and watch Flores and Co. turn him into a monster. I love the idea of 6'7" twin towers (Raekwon Davis and Rousseau) on the D-line

A. Parsons or B. Rousseau would be my ideal choices with the early first round pick assuming they test/interview well. I want to start filling that defense with monsters.

Both players opted out for the 2020 season, which doesn't bother me in the slightest. I see both developing into impact players for the NFL with the right coaching. Leaning more toward Parsons at this time based on team need. A great MLB would really pay off and elevate this defense, but if Parsons bombs the interviews or gets drafted before us go with plan B. Rousseau showed plenty of skill and potential on the tape during his (RS)freshman year. If he shows up in top shape for the combine and crushes the workouts and interviews I would draft him without hesitation and watch Flores and Co. turn him into a monster. I love the idea of 6'7" twin towers (Raekwon Davis and Rousseau) on the D-line
Agree with every word of this...

Finding a dominant 3 down MLB in today's game is like finding a unicorn. The old MLB profile was a run-thumper... The new style of ILB is MUCH harder to find. If you get your shot at one of these players, you jump on it...

And the same is true of a legitimate pass rushing monster. These creatures call for 20 million dollar a year contracts and just don't become available unless there is a health/personality issue.

Yes, we need offensive weapons, but there are waaaay more of these available than there are legitimate MLBs or DEs. We have to take a shot on a star first, and then we can look for offensive backs.

Agree with every word of this...

Finding a dominant 3 down MLB in today's game is like finding a unicorn. The old MLB profile was a run-thumper... The new style of ILB is MUCH harder to find. If you get your shot at one of these players, you jump on it...

And the same is true of a legitimate pass rushing monster. These creatures call for 20 million dollar a year contracts and just don't become available unless there is a health/personality issue.

Yes, we need offensive weapons, but there are waaaay more of these available than there are legitimate MLBs or DEs. We have to take a shot on a star first, and then we can look for offensive backs.
If Parsons is gone, what are your thoughts on Bolton for that 1b pick?

This is a passing league. We need guys who can go get it
If there isn't an elite defensive player with that Houston pick, I'd pivot and take Chase or Smith. Maybe trade down, if there's a trade partner.

Bolton could be a 1b target.

Back
Top Bottom