Mike and The Mad Dog | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and The Mad Dog

Rocky Raccoon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
anyone listen to/watch these guys? I was wondering what other people thought of them. I have seen other boards that continuously bash them.

I like them. I think they do a good job, all though sometimes they can get on my nerves, especially Mike. But in the end, they do a good show.

your thoughts?

I like them a lot, they're easily the best radio hosts today. Very knowledgable, etc. I can understand why people don't like them thought as they can get annoying at times and are biased a lot.

Those guys are good. They know what they're talking about.

Mike Francesa is a joke. He thinks he's so superior in sports knowledge to anyone and everyone he comes across. Give me a break, he's no better then anyone else and people take his OPINION like it's a fact. He doesn't do anything anyone else doesn't do which is basically getting on air and spewing opinion. I'd bet your Mike Francesa never even played a sport at the high school level. Chris is tolerable and is actually decent to the callers. Mike acts like his you know what doesn't stink and like he knows more about sports then anyone else. Give me a break, when I get my job on the radio I'm gunning for fat boy!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Mike Francesa is a joke. He thinks he's so superior in sports knowledge to anyone and everyone he comes across. Give me a break, he's no better then anyone else and people take his OPINION like it's a fact. He doesn't do anything anyone else doesn't do which is basically getting on air and spewing opinion. I'd bet your Mike Francesa never even played a sport at the high school level. Chris is tolerable and is actually decent to the callers. Mike acts like his you know what doesn't stink and like he knows more about sports then anyone else. Give me a break, when I get my job on the radio I'm gunning for fat boy!

thats what I hate about him...overall he is ok...but when he gets like that it really pisses me off. I remember the week the Dolphins played the Chargers he was saying how it was an automatic win for SD. He does that a lot...he just assumes certain things will happen, then gets burned.

Is Mike Francesa the guy with the heavy Brooklyn accent who sounds like his has a twinkie in his mouth when he talks? His voice irritates me...if this is the guy I am thinking about.

this isn't the same show as mike and mike right? cuz i love that show

Finfan86 said:
this isn't the same show as mike and mike right? cuz i love that show

No, Mike and Mike are on ESPN radio/ESPN 2. Mike and the Mad Dog (Chris Russo) are on WFAN radio and the YES Network.

both guys are a joke.....i dont know who's show i hate more, theirs or michael kay.

Roman529 said:
Is Mike Francesa the guy with the heavy Brooklyn accent who sounds like his has a twinkie in his mouth when he talks? His voice irritates me...if this is the guy I am thinking about.
Yep thats Fatcesa.

They both suck by the way. Russo has a clue but hes not that smart and his voice is too annoying to listen to. Fatcesa's just a wanna be know it all who dont know ----. Neither is either insightful in the intracacies of the game or the technicalities of the game, they just blabber about willie and torre, about Pennington and Eli, how bad the Knicks are and golf. Theyre horrible. The only reason I ever listen to them is to call in and see if there's an excuse for me to tear them apart cause theyre always bashing the mets. I hope Russo goes back to Philly sometime soon since thats where he started out and Fatcesa lands in the Hostess warehouse somewhere.

Boik14 said:
Yep thats Fatcesa.

They both suck by the way. Russo has a clue but hes not that smart and his voice is too annoying to listen to. Fatcesa's just a wanna be know it all who dont know ----. Neither is either insightful in the intracacies of the game or the technicalities of the game, they just blabber about willie and torre, about Pennington and Eli, how bad the Knicks are and golf.

They are hosting a TALK SHOW in NYC, what do you want them to talk about? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO said:
They are hosting a TALK SHOW in NYC, what do you want them to talk about? :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
Ok how about something other than last weekends golf scores? Maybe something else other then Nascar (not a sport). Something other than last nights Giants game cause the angry puppy doesnt realize no one out here gives 2 poops.

Specifics of the game, whether a specific play or substitution. All they have is negativity towards willie and the mets and great things to say about Torre. Mike gets like half his infor regarding football from Peter King and without the MMQB column, hes lost. Really, theyre not even the 2nd best hosts on theyre own station. Benningo and Somers both kick their --- maybe not in ratings but in terms of knowledge and the ability to actually talk to callers instead of cutting them off and bash them like dogs.

Boik14 said:
Ok how about something other than last weekends golf scores? Maybe something else other then Nascar (not a sport). Something other than last nights Giants game cause the angry puppy doesnt realize no one out here gives 2 poops.

They NEVER talk Nascar, you obviously don't listen to the show!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody cares about the Giants? Bonds? The HR chase???!!! What are you talking about????????????????????????????

Boik14 said:

Specifics of the game, whether a specific play or substitution. All they have is negativity towards willie and the mets and great things to say about Torre. Mike gets like half his infor regarding football from Peter King and without the MMQB column, hes lost. Really, theyre not even the 2nd best hosts on theyre own station. Benningo and Somers both kick their --- maybe not in ratings but in terms of knowledge and the ability to actually talk to callers instead of cutting them off and bash them like dogs.

really? when was the last time you actually listened to them? Today they said the Mets are a definate playoff team and a real possible World Series team. Been saying that the past few weeks too.

Back
Top Bottom