Mike and The Mad Dog | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and The Mad Dog

nyjunc said:
You must be listening to something else b/c they NEVER talk about NASCAR, I don't even think they know what NASCAR is.
Maybe I just have impeccable timing? :confused: They always bring nascar up during ratings and at least a few other times during the week.

Section126 said:
The Dan LeBatard show is pretty good...

I can't say I hate Lebatard because he's grown on me since 790 is web streamed and I like to listen to it to find out what's going on with the Dolphins but one thing I can say is I wish he could be serious a little more then he is. With that said though his bits with Frank Caliendo are great and every time he has them on I make sure I'm tuned in!

Boik14 said:
Maybe I just have impeccable timing? :confused: They always bring nascar up during ratings and at least a few other times during the week.

When they talk about ratings they discuss all the events of the weekend so if there is NASCAR on FOX they'll say the ratings but they have never spoken about actual races and drivers.

nyjunc said:
When they talk about ratings they discuss all the events of the weekend so if there is NASCAR on FOX they'll say the ratings but they have never spoken about actual races and drivers.

You are correct. They NEVER talk NASCAR. (aside from when they talk ratings). But to talk drivers, race tracks and stuff, never ever ever never never ever

MikeO said:
You are correct. They NEVER talk NASCAR. (aside from when they talk ratings). But to talk drivers, race tracks and stuff, never ever ever never never ever

Hopefully you didn't hear them today as they talked about Danica Patrick for awhile :wink:

(but you are right they never talk about Nascar)

The Sports guy is great(other than he loves Boston teams and always tweaks NY teams), I am always laughing out loud reading his stuff.

As usual the sports guy is wrong: "Mike and the Dog, radio doesn't feel contrived or forced, you don't have to listen to guys screaming and fake-laughing at each other's jokes, and they will absolutely not pander to the "hot button" subjects of the day." Ummm say what? thats exactly what they do. well minus the hot button stuff for the most part. No one likes to hear themselves talk more then them.

Boik14 said:
As usual the sports guy is wrong: "Mike and the Dog, radio doesn't feel contrived or forced, you don't have to listen to guys screaming and fake-laughing at each other's jokes, and they will absolutely not pander to the "hot button" subjects of the day." Ummm say what? thats exactly what they do. well minus the hot button stuff for the most part. No one likes to hear themselves talk more then them.

They are the highest rated sports talk show in NYC and have been for over 10 years now. They are doing something right!

You don't like them, that's cool. But to knock the show is crazy. The masses in NYC listen to them and enjoy them. They are paid to entertain. That means they must talk!!!!!!!! :shakeno:

MikeO said:
They are the highest rated sports talk show in NYC and have been for over 10 years now. They are doing something right!

You don't like them, that's cool. But to knock the show is crazy. The masses in NYC listen to them and enjoy them. They are paid to entertain. That means they must talk!!!!!!!! :shakeno:

You're also forgetting all the people that watch them on the YES Network all over the country now. I'm sure they get nice ratings during the week on TV.

I will have to give them a listen, the sports talk radio in Atlanta is garbage..

MikeO said:

The masses in this city also thought for a long time it was easier to drive in this city then it was to take the subway. Not the greatest analogy but the point is using "the masses" as an argument isnt the brightest thing to do. Just because people listen to a show doesnt make the people hosting the show right in what theyre saying. It just means some people find the show entertaininge nough to keep them awake during the work day.

Back
Top Bottom