Mike Evans is a big problem. Meet the 5-foot-10 guy who might cut him down to size. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Evans is a big problem. Meet the 5-foot-10 guy who might cut him down to size.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Alterraun Verner is a math whiz. He scored in the 90th percentile on the SAT and earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from UCLA.
But you don’t need to know calculus to count the seven inches that separate Verner and Tampa Bay receiver Mike Evans.
Verner, who has a real chance to start Sunday (assuming that’s when the game is played) against the Buccaneers, is just 5-foot-10.
The Buccaneers list Evans at 6-foot-5.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article171221597.html#storylink=rss

I like the Verner signing but he much like most corners cannot handle Evans

In years past and possibly this year too I cringed at such match-ups. NE once more always come up with these schemes that says "your best player will NEVER beat us!" They would rather devote 2 CBs to shut down Evans and play everyone else straight up.

Will we do something similar or are we going to allow their best WR to destroy us? We'll find out shortly!

Last edited:
Evans is one of the most difficult WRs in the league to stop. Not only for his freakish athletics but also for the fact that Winston quite literally force feeds him the ball, his target rate is astronomical. Hopefully we have some sort of bracketed coverage or a double team on him the whole game. Though the new problem with that is, we have to have someone over the top to help with DJax as well. It will be a good test for our secondary right out of the gates.

Living in central Florida, get my fair share of bucs games. Not impressed. Won't be long before bucs are looking again for that franchise qb. Have they ever had one? Doug Williams?
Well way back when they ****ed up and released Steve Young

Back
Top Bottom