Mike Mayock: Fix the offensive line and you have a top 10 QB in Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock: Fix the offensive line and you have a top 10 QB in Ryan Tannehill

Psh. I've known this for awhile now. He definitely without a doubt needs to improve his pocket presence, and ability to avoid pressure with his athletic ability. If you haven't noticed by now, the deep ball is a group effort. Review the film, and you will see the vast majority of times Wallace beat his man deep, Tannehill had a collapsed pocket to step up into. If we get a formidable group in here, the offensive line will improve all facets of Tannehill, and the offense's game. :up:

I want a line of Albert, Zach Martin, Pouncey, Wade Smith and Strief….back ups Trueblood, Garner and Brenner

Those are all ZBS fits and do the deed in pass pro. All of that is doable. If you want someone other than Martin at 19…that is fine. I would hope Su'a-Filo is there in round two.

For any Melty Ice slurpers, wasn't he also high on him too? In other words, should we encouraged or concerned?

I want a line of Albert, Zach Martin, Pouncey, Wade Smith and Strief….back ups Trueblood, Garner and Brenner

Those are all ZBS fits and do the deed in pass pro. All of that is doable. If you want someone other than Martin at 19…that is fine. I would hope Su'a-Filo is there in round two.

Wade Smith? Man, that would be a blast from the past.

I couldn't agree more. Tannehill is the salvation of this broken franchise. Lets hope the line doesn't complete the goal of breaking his back they seemed to try so hard to achive last season

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

ew albert

Wade Smith? Man, that would be a blast from the past.

Yep. Here is my take…older vet…will not cost much. He is a fit with a ZBS and knows John Benton. My money is going into the tackles, Grimes and maybe a DT.

I couldn't agree more. Tannehill is the salvation of this broken franchise. Lets hope the line doesn't complete the goal of breaking his back they seemed to try so hard to achive last season

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

ew albert

Pay him for 2 to 3 years. He can eventually go to RT or Guard. He is without question the best in pass pro in FA. The Anthony Collins love fest is amusing to me. In fact, if the Fins cannot get Monroe or Albert, I would think about simply bringing McKinnie back on a stopgap measure and spreading the money to improve other parts of the team.

wait what? can't be a line issue. the line doesn't cause sacks, Quarterbacks do.

wait what? can't be a line issue. the line doesn't cause sacks, Quarterbacks do.

Let's see if I can get this right…"the quotient of the derivative underlying your perception of reality underscores the Pythagorean equation that Tannehill is at fault for everything since 1970."

I hope Tannehill becomes great, but these analysts, throw a million comments out there, and are never held accountable when they are wrong, which they are a lot.

Pay him for 2 to 3 years. He can eventually go to RT or Guard. He is without question the best in pass pro in FA. The Anthony Collins love fest is amusing to me. In fact, if the Fins cannot get Monroe or Albert, I would think about simply bringing McKinnie back on a stopgap measure and spreading the money to improve other parts of the team.

move him to RT? Bring back Mckinnie who was utterly awful? You come up with the oddest ideas lol I wouldn't bring back Mckinnie if he played for free

Let's see if I can get this right…"the quotient of the derivative underlying your perception of reality underscores the Pythagorean equation that Tannehill is at fault for everything since 1970."

Multiplied by the the Wilson-Fitzpatrick equation (3.14)

There are sacks that are caused by poor line play, sacks from a great pass rush or blitz, sacks from poor protection, sacks from the qb holding the ball to long. During a season, or even a game, you can have a bunch of reasons.

Back
Top Bottom