Mike Mayock: Fix the offensive line and you have a top 10 QB in Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock: Fix the offensive line and you have a top 10 QB in Ryan Tannehill

so you are saying someone that's not bias to this team, doesn't think this is a playoff calibur oline? what a shocker.

with everything on the line in week 17, the oline did its job, the qb failed and failed miserably. he has shown flashes but is still a big, fat question mark.

with everything on the line in week 17, the oline did its job, the qb failed and failed miserably. he has shown flashes but is still a big, fat question mark.

The other side to that coin is it wouldn't have had to come down to that game if the OL did a half-way decent job throughout the season, including the previous jest game (and don't get me started on the kicker and RBs). Yeah, it was not his finest hour for sure, but I find it ironic that among the biggest critics hypocritically are the Melty Ice fans who choose to ignore that he disappears in one-and-done, win or go home postseason games, particularly in the 2nd halves.. but that's alright for a full college QB and 7 year pro, isn't it? :up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell does Mayock think he is....someone please get this guy the proper analysis that shows Tannehill will be nothing more then a Mediocre QB...THE LINE IS FINE!

move him to RT? Bring back Mckinnie who was utterly awful? You come up with the oddest ideas lol I wouldn't bring back Mckinnie if he played for free

I said later in Albert's career he can move to different positions on the line…hence the word eventually.

Secondly, IF the team cannot land a quality LT like Albert, McKinnie could return for small pay and stopgap the position.

My opinions are odd as you hack up what I am saying.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Multiplied by the the Wilson-Fitzpatrick equation (3.14)

"The equilibrium of the vortex vs. WPA will endure over time because Ryan Tannehill started global warming"

Mayock is clearly a homer and Tannehill jock sniffer. He also has no concept of objective data and numbers...probably just watches game tape which all intelligent people know is a horribly inaccurate way to evaluate a player...

Mike Mayock said:
Mike Mayock: Team speed, not Ryan Tannehill, is the problem with the offense.

The numbers don’t look pretty for the Dolphins’ offense these days. They’re 29th in total offense, 27th in points scored (18.5 per game) and they’ve lost five of six games to fall precipitously out of the playoff race.

Dolphins fans are also starting to question whether Ryan Tannehill is the answer at quarterback. He has just eight touchdown passes all season, and his numbers are declining as the season progresses. Over his past two games, he’s completed just 48.4 percent of his passes, which isn’t going to get it done in the NFL.

But NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock, who called the Dolphins’ 19-14 loss to Buffalo four weeks ago, said the problem isn’t Tannehill.

“What I watched on tape, I thought this kid’s got a really bright future,” Mayock said Tuesday morning on WQAM 560-AM. “I think it’s hard to say to the fans in Miami, ‘Be patient,’ because there hasn’t been a lot of winning there for awhile. But that’s the key – be patient with this new staff and trust that you’re going to get some receivers and some people to complement this kid. Because in my opinion, this kid can play. He’s the future of your franchise.”

The problem instead, Mayock said, is the Dolphins are too slow on offense.

“Your offense is really difficult to watch, because you’re trying to manufacture yards without speed,” Mayock said. “There’s no vertical threat on a consistent basis. It’s almost like watching an offense playing in a red zone for 100 yards, because defenses begin to compress on you.”

Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, Reggie Bush, Anthony Fasano and Charles Clay are nice pieces, but Mayock said Tannehill needs at least one more piece to stretch the field and keep defenses honest.

“You have to complement him with some speed, that’s what today’s NFL is,” he said. “As much as I like Bess, as much as I like Hartline, you still need somebody who can stretch the field vertically. And without that your quarterback is going to be hampered.”

But Mayock also said that Tannehill could benefit long-term from the offense’s struggles this year, particularly if they are able to add one or two receiving threats this offseason.

“As a matter of fact, I think the experience of having to play this kind of football is going to help him,” Mayock said. “He has to fit it in tight windows. He’s got to be physically tough because he’s going to take a little bit of a beating right now. And once you start to get some speed out there and some wide receiver separation, it’s going to look like he’s got huge windows compared to what he’s dealt with this year.”
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...an-tannehill-is-the-problem-with-the-offense/

Mayock is clearly a homer and Tannehill jock sniffer. He also has no concept of objective data and numbers...probably just watches game tape which all intelligent people know is a horribly inaccurate way to evaluate a player...

I cant take any QB story seriously without at least 3 spreadhseets

We'll see. The good: some of his numbers have been been borderline great and that's with a lack of firepower. And he had a nice run of games to get us in a good position to make the playoffs. The bad: His inflated numbers could be a result of Philbin's philosophy to never run against stacked boxes. He had 2 god awful games at home vs the Bills and Jets though I think he was more hurt than people realize for the Jets game.

So in conclusion I believe he played well enough to get us to the playoffs but the terrible o-line performance especially at the Bills resulted in Tannehill getting injured so with a better o-line we're in the playoffs, which would make him a top 12 QB.

Let's see if I can get this right…"the quotient of the derivative underlying your perception of reality underscores the Pythagorean equation that Tannehill is at fault for everything since 1970."

There is no objective data to prove that Pythagoras was an unbiased source.

"Pat White is going to beat out Chad Pennington and Chad Henne and any other Chad they have lying around in Miami in the next few years." -Mike Mayock

Back
Top Bottom