Mike Mayock on Manny Lawson.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Mayock on Manny Lawson....

Finfan14

Practice Squad
Reaction score
says Lawson is a wor out warrior and was not impressive at the combine in drills or on film in college.

Guys like that worry me. He would be a major reach at #16.

Chad Greenway or Santanio Holmes at 16.

You will hear some well informed dissension from the VIP crowd....

I coulda swore I remember Lawson being extremely impressive at the combine. I'm pretty sure he outdid Mario Williams in most of the categories. Someone can back this up with the numbers I'm sure.

kpcane said:
I coulda swore I remember Lawson being extremely impressive at the combine. I'm pretty sure he outdid Mario Williams in most of the categories. Someone can back this up with the numbers I'm sure.

a 6'5" 241 lb guy running a 4.43 is very impresive.

Lawson or Holmes at # 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cooldude:

Mike Mammula was a workout warrior and a complete bust.

The scouts have plenty of film on Lawson to base their opinons.

kpcane said:

he did AWESOME. mayock is clearly BS ****

Bowl_Bound said:
Geenway would be my choice unless we get arrington. Both good values but Chad fills a bigger need.

bigger need??? We have like 4-5 OLBs to play the other side.....Hodge, Pope, Spragan, Sinclair. If we dont get Arrington, i wouldnt bother signing or drafting an OLB. Possibly the top Center recruit, or Left Guard recruit. Eric Mangold and Max Jean Gilles. Well Max may go in the 2nd

I believe Mayock said he was great at the combine and wasn't as impressive on film. He had him graded as a 3rd round pick, which I think is very low for Manny, but it does make you wonder about burning the 16th overall on him. I think I'd rather get him at value later in the 1st by dropping down.

kpcane said:

yes thats what hes saying, hes a work out warrior, but in the positional drills at LB he wasn't too impressive hes saying...

so he ran fast, jumped high, benched a lot, etc... but when hes on the field is he good enough to warrant that high of a pick? i dont think so personally... i have never been too high on the guy...

how is a guy who posted 10.5 sacks and 20 tackles for loss last season a workout warrior? the definition of a workout warrior is a player who looks very well in workouts but in a game doesn't do much. when you look at what Lawson did you see that he made alot of plays, he's not a workout warrior! he also blocked 9 punts in his college career

Back
Top Bottom