Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
If you don't like my opinion, here are some others.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Out of 80 recievers who caught more than 49 passes, Wallace ranked 73rd last year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-wide-receivers/

Out of 51 FA WR's, PFF ranks Mike Wallace 47th.

Here is what Steelers fans think.
http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92637

Antonio Brown/http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/65990/antonio-brown-awkwardness-with-wallace

He was almost benched last November. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...llace-of-pittsburgh-steelers-could-be-benched

This guy took the words right out of my mouth:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-will-seduce-teams-in-free-agency-with-speed

Jeff Ireland!!!!!!!! Don't do it!!

You can't judge Wallace solely on last season for several reasons.

1. Big Ben missed quite a few games.
2. Their pass protection was garbage negating Wallace's biggest strength.
3. He wasn't happy with the organization. Most organizational behavior research links poor job performance with being unhappy with your organization. It's proven science.

Only a backwards looking fool would think Wallace is not worth the high price tag. He'd open up the entire offense if the Fins could shore up their pass protection.

3. He wasn't happy with the organization. Most organizational behavior research links poor job performance with being unhappy with your organization. It's proven science.

Only a backwards looking fool would think Wallace is not worth the high price tag. He'd open up the entire offense if the Fins could shore up their pass protection.
Well call me a backwards looking fool - I'm not sure that he's worth $12 -14 milion a year for the next 5 years. I'm not sure that he warrants being the highest paid player in a Dolphin jersey. I'm not sure that Ireland wants to bet his job on a player who just had a bad year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last year alone?

Look, Wallace is 6'0" 199 pounds. He isn't big or strong. He isn't a red zone target. He doesn't win contested throws. He doesn't run great routes(except the go). He is a lousy blocker.

All he has ever done well is run go routes really fast. That is why he was picked in the third round. That is why the Steelers paid Antonio Brown and NOT wallace.

"He would open up the entire offense" Sounds like something seen while on acid.

I'm not saying he has no value. I'm saying it isn't half what he is asking.

By the way, everything I just said about his shortcomings; Vincent Jackson is the other side of the coin.

Jackson is perennially one of the top 3 blocking WR's in the league. He is big and strong. He is a red zone target. He runs great routes and get's open in the deep middle.

If we were talking about a complete WR like Jackson I would say yes spend the money, but Wallace is nowhere near the class of a Vincent Jackson.

You are ignorant. Wallace does catch contested balls, especially on fade routes in the end zone. He might not be the best route runner but he can take any give short route to the house. Look at his stats from 2010- 2011 and tell me again he is not elite and isn't worth it. He is an elite WR with an elite skill set that is there for the taking. That doesn't happen very often in this league but when it does you better pounce on the opportunity. It's no big deal to overpay because we still have our QB on a rookie contract for several years and we would still have PLENTY of money left to address other needs. He's worth every penny. Pay the man.

You are ignorant. Wallace does catch contested balls, especially on fade routes in the end zone. He might not be the best route runner but he can take any give short route to the house. Look at his stats from 2010- 2011 and tell me again he is not elite and isn't worth it. He is an elite WR with an elite skill set that is there for the taking. That doesn't happen very often in this league but when it does you better pounce on the opportunity. It's no big deal to overpay because we still have our QB on a rookie contract for several years and we would still have PLENTY of money left to address other needs. He's worth every penny. Pay the man.

Well, I don't want to look too far back, somebody might accuse me of being a, "backwards looking fool".

Well you better pray we get him before the Pats do or else there will be a lot of backwards wishing we should have signed him.....

Well you better pray we get him before the Pats do or else there will be a lot of backwards wishing we should have signed him.....

That's a joke. The Patriots want nothing to do with Wallace. They are a well run team with sensible management. They have never spent 10 mil+ on a WR and Welker isn't getting it either.

They will spend their money on their lines and maybe at CB. They might make a run at Cruz if he is RFA tendered but they won't offer him over 10 mil.
Now that........would be devastating. Cruz with Brady would be very bad for business. Cruz is a far greater threat all over the field than Wallace has ever been.

Pay him what he's worth. He's NOT worth more than 8-9 mill IMO. People like you want to see big plays and highlights, but don't understand that there are many aspects involved in winning football games and ultimately winning championships. I think Philbin and Ireland are looking more at the big picture and want to win championships rather than just making the offense more exciting. You don't throw off your entire salary structure on a one dimensional player. Playing winning offensive football is a team game which requires many moving parts working in unison.

People opposed to bringing in Wallace must come to the realization that the CBA requires teams to spend most of their salary cap prior to the regular season.

Therefore, we'd have to allocate a substantial portion of money to the WR position anyway.

If you're for bringing in Jennings, same deal. He wants to be shown the money too!

If you're exclusively for bringing in rookie WR's only, wake up and smell the coffee! We need a proven guy to come in and solidify the position. Rookie WR's usually have a tougher transition in the league and will require some grooming.

So at the end of the day, it ain't my money, why the hell not wow him with an offer!

It's worth it for the buzz it'll create alone!

People opposed to bringing in Wallace must come to the realization that the CBA requires teams to spend most of their salary cap prior to the regular season.

Therefore, we'd have to allocate a substantial portion of money to the WR position anyway.

If you're for bringing in Jennings, same deal. He wants to be shown the money too!

If you're exclusively for bringing in rookie WR's only, wake up and smell the coffee! We need a proven guy to come in and solidify the position. Rookie WR's usually have a tougher transition in the league and will require some grooming.

So at the end of the day, it ain't my money, why the hell not wow him with an offer!

Winning trumps buzz all the time. Teams have to manage the cap intelligently. They need to plan ahead and know which players are UFA next offseason and which players have escalators in their contracts. Teams don't have to spend ALL of the cap money each yr. I believe they have to spend a minimum percentage. Reckless and inefficient use of cap money does NOT create dynasties or win championships.

Wow, we have 40 mil after the cap but guess what? Wow!

We have no starting LT.....
We have no starting FS...
We have no starting TE...
We have no starting 3-technique DT....
We have no quality RT....
We have no LB depth....
We should give new contracts to Paul Soliai and Reshad Jones.

We could spend the entire cap in one hour come March 12, no problem there.

"$20 says he still sucks by next week...better yet I bet you $50 he couldn't even catch aids! LMFAO!

(not that we would want him to breed anyway. Don't need another dropped pass)!! LOL!"

Wow and I thought our fans were mean
:lol:

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

THIS!!!! If the Pats get him, it's literally game over for us.

READ MY POST >> Pats will NEVER pay Wallace 60 Million anything.. Not in money, not in bag'o chips, nothing. Not going to happen... ever.

Back
Top Bottom