Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland

Winning trumps buzz all the time. Teams have to manage the cap intelligently. They need to plan ahead and know which players are UFA next offseason and which players have escalators in their contracts. Teams don't have to spend ALL of the cap money each yr. I believe they have to spend a minimum percentage. Reckless and inefficient use of cap money does NOT create dynasties or win championships.
Reading your post history it appears you're for building through the draft to find our #1 WR.

So given that rookie WR's often don't hit the ground running, it'll take them at least a couple years to get a full grasp for the NFL level. Especially WR's who are very raw.

By the time they get up to speed, our franchise QB's growth will be stunted and we'd be back to square one all over again.

Frankly, NOT addressing the WR position this offseason through free agency is reckless and inefficient use of the salary cap which would continue us on the path of mediocrity for yet another season.

We simply can't afford that (no pun intended)!

The fact that they have Fitzgerald last is all I need to know.

Also, neither of those websites use coaches tape. So there opinion is null to me.

I watched plenty of Steelers games this year, that WHOLE team struggled. And Mike Wallace was unhappy. We all know what a unhappy WR does.

Been saying this for a while but these people are convinced that Wallace is the best thing they ever seen on cleats. Wallace is very one dimensional, he's another Desean Jackson. Just a speed guy. I wish we had the cap space to go after Vincent last offseason, would have made a world of difference.

Wow, we have 40 mil after the cap but guess what? Wow!

We have no starting LT.....
We have no starting FS...
We have no starting TE...
We have no starting 3-technique DT....
We have no quality RT....
We have no LB depth....
We should give new contracts to Paul Soliai and Reshad Jones.

We could spend the entire cap in one hour come March 12, no problem there.
Your hyper sense of attachment to money is deafening!

I'd hate to call you a cheapskate, so I won't, that'd be to personal.

Instead I'll just refer to you as a thrifty spender, which is not a bad thing but in this case we have plenty of money and picks to address all of our needs, resign and restructure while still paying top dollar for a top end flight WR such as Wallace.

You can breathe now!

All I'm looking at is his stats.

SeasonTeamGamesReceiving
GPGSGamesRecYdsAvgLngTD
2012Pittsburgh Steelers156483613.182TD8
2011Pittsburgh Steelers16721,19316.695TD8
2010Pittsburgh Steelers16601,25721.056TD10
2009Pittsburgh Steelers163975619.460TD6
Total632354,04217.295TD32

Even last year he had 8 touchdowns. How many touchdown receptions did we have in total last year? 9 or 10?

He averages 1000 yds a season and 8 tds a season. That's consistency.

Stedman Bailey had 25 TD's in 13 games last year. I prefer him.

DeAndre Hopkins had 18 TD's last year. I prefer him as well.

Santana Moss had 8 TD's playing limited snaps out of the slot and he is probably going to be released and available for a reasonable price.
Good value for a team wanting to develop some younger guys. Dolphins would probably even be wise to trade a mid-late round pick for Moss. Redskins are in cap hell due to the sanctions against them by the NFL.

There are a lot of possibilities for the improvement of the receiving corps. Improving the OL would help more than anything. Give these guys some time to get open. Give them a running game to open things up.

A strong rushing attack will open up the field a helluva a lot more than a fast WR running go routes.

Well you better pray we get him before the Pats do or else there will be a lot of backwards wishing we should have signed him.....

That should be our "new philosophy" get any players we think New England might be interested in

Reading your post history it appears you're for building through the draft to find our #1 WR.

So given that rookie WR's often don't hit the ground running, it'll take them at least a couple years to get a full grasp for the NFL level. Especially WR's who are very raw.

By the time they get up to speed, our franchise QB's growth will be stunted and we'd be back to square one all over again.

Frankly, NOT addressing the WR position this offseason through free agency is reckless and inefficient use of the salary cap which would continue us on the path of mediocrity for yet another season.

We simply can't afford that (no pun intended)!

Mediocrity like the Detroit, Arizona, Dallas, Chicago, and the Giants last year all teams with at least 1 stud WR. We only need to look back to see what 10 mil a year got us with BM, 7-9 and 6-10 = the mediocrity you speak of. And on a side note there may be 1 or 2 that i can't remember. But most WR's that get big contracts from teams other than the one's that drafted them seem to become a shell of themselves.

Stedman Bailey had 25 TD's in 13 games last year. I prefer him.

DeAndre Hopkins had 18 TD's last year. I prefer him as well.

Santana Moss had 8 TD's playing limited snaps out of the slot and he is probably going to be released and available for a reasonable price.
Good value for a team wanting to develop some younger guys. Dolphins would probably even be wise to trade a mid-late round pick for Moss. Redskins are in cap hell due to the sanctions against them by the NFL.

There are a lot of possibilities for the improvement of the receiving corps. Improving the OL would help more than anything. Give these guys some time to get open. Give them a running game to open things up.

A strong rushing attack will open up the field a helluva a lot more than a fast WR running go routes.

THEY WERE IN COLLEGE!

Like dafuq?

Your hyper sense of attachment to money is deafening!

I'd hate to call you a cheapskate, so I won't, that'd be to personal.

Instead I'll just refer to you as a thrifty spender, which is not a bad thing but in this case we have plenty of money and picks to address all of our needs, resign and restructure while still paying top dollar for a top end flight WR such as Wallace.

You can breathe now!

Megatron,Larry Fitzgerald,Vincent Jackson, are arguably the top three WR talents in the NFL. The highest paid anyway. It isn't enough for their respective teams anyway. Great receivers don't win championships, and Wallace doesn't even resemble great in any way.

Look at the teams that were in the playoffs last year. Frisco,Ravens Pats,Texans,Denver,Seattle, all of them have top OL's and strong rushing attacks except Denver and they didn't go far. Denver was actually 2nd in pass blocking but they need a couple better RB's.

You want excitement and buzz. Get a top three OL and start winning some games and then you will have excitement. Having a highly paid WR doesn't get the job done. A deep roster with strong lines gets it done.

I'm not cheap, I want every penny of the cap spent every single year; and if the Patriots are going to get by with under the table deals, maybe we need to do the same thing. Nah, then the Dolphins would be raw sewage like Kraft and Belichick.

Mediocrity like the Detroit, Arizona, Dallas, Chicago, and the Giants last year all teams with at least 1 stud WR. We only need to look back to see what 10 mil a year got us with BM, 7-9 and 6-10 = the mediocrity you speak of. And on a side note there may be 1 or 2 that i can't remember. But most WR's that get big contracts from teams other than the one's that drafted them seem to become a shell of themselves.

Not really. Vincet Jackson, Marshall for the Bears, Terrell Owens. There's plenty others that went to another team and helped them alot more than hurt them.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

Megatron,Larry Fitzgerald,Vincent Jackson, are arguably the top three WR talents in the NFL. The highest paid anyway. It isn't enough for their respective teams anyway. Great receivers don't win championships, and Wallace doesn't even resemble great in any way.

Look at the teams that were in the playoffs last year. Frisco,Ravens Pats,Texans,Denver,Seattle, all of them have top OL's and strong rushing attacks except Denver and they didn't go far. Denver was actually 2nd in pass blocking but they need a couple better RB's.

You want excitement and buzz. Get a top three OL and start winning some games and then you will have excitement. Having a highly paid WR doesn't get the job done. A deep roster with strong lines gets it done.

I'm not cheap, I want every penny of the cap spent every single year; and if the Patriots are going to get by with under the table deals, maybe we need to do the same thing. Nah, then the Dolphins would be raw sewage like Kraft and Belichick.

But according to your "football bible" that usees "subjective stats" has Larry LAST.

So there opnion is null.

as time has gone on I dont want to pay any of these recievers for their inflated ego. I think none are as good as the money they want. I am at the point now where I feel lets resign hartline and draft a wr high. If we go after a reciever Id rather it be a larfer body quality reciever through a trade. IMO I feel like these guys are being put on a pedistal and not at all worth what they are asking.

Not really. Vincet Jackson, Marshall for the Bears, Terrell Owens. There's plenty others that went to another team and helped them alot more than hurt them.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

But according to your "football bible" that usees "subjective stats" has Larry LAST.

So there opnion is null.

Ah, and so we see once again, QB is pre-eminent. How do help QB's the most??? with fast WR's???? Nooooooo....With a stud OL?? yeeesss.

Yes, the mediocre Giants who won the Super Bowl when they had 2 great receivers and another good one, and then missed the playoffs when they lost their #3 receiver and their #1 was hurt the entire season.
We aren't ever going to win dick until we upgrade our receivers in a big way. Rookies are always a total crapshoot, and Wallace was metrically the best WR in football when Big Ben was healthy and the Steelers could block worth half a ****. I want us to draft a couple of wideouts as well, but a proven ace like Wallace makes us a much better offense immediately. We have plenty of cap room, I argue that we should use it to improve.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Ah, and so we see once again, QB is pre-eminent. How do help QB's the most??? with fast WR's???? Nooooooo....With a stud OL?? yeeesss.

Um. Both?

Back
Top Bottom