Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Is A Black Hole/Calling Jeff Ireland

Wallace also played in a different offense last year. He might not be the best WR but he has 1 thing that this team is sorely lacking-speed. Realize this about Wallace, everyone knows he's going deep and he still makes plays. He stretches the field and every team has to use a safety over the top. He changes the whole offense. We need playmakers and Mike Wallace is the best 1 available.

You are ignorant. Wallace does catch contested balls, especially on fade routes in the end zone. He might not be the best route runner but he can take any give short route to the house. Look at his stats from 2010- 2011 and tell me again he is not elite and isn't worth it. He is an elite WR with an elite skill set that is there for the taking. That doesn't happen very often in this league but when it does you better pounce on the opportunity. It's no big deal to overpay because we still have our QB on a rookie contract for several years and we would still have PLENTY of money left to address other needs. He's worth every penny. Pay the man.

You're right. This idea that he's just a deep route runner is wrong. Check out his Td against the Giants this past year. That was incredible.

Wallace also played in a different offense last year. He might not be the best WR but he has 1 thing that this team is sorely lacking-speed. Realize this about Wallace, everyone knows he's going deep and he still makes plays. He stretches the field and every team has to use a safety over the top. He changes the whole offense. We need playmakers and Mike Wallace is the best 1 available.

Well if that's all it takes to open up the field then why don't we just draft Tavon Austin or Marquiess Goodwin and have them run the 9. Goodwin is supposed to be a 3rd rounder, we'd only have to pay him about a mil. Actually, I have a feeling that if Goodwin and Wallace raced down the field for real, Goodwin would win 4 out 5 times; but that isn't really how things go down, now is it.

Elliott 1, you are a walking contradiction.

You use stats to support your argument, yet those same stats disprove your argument. That fact that you are supporting both of your arguments pretty much destroys your credibility. Secondly, you're hyping up a bunch of college players that you have no clue how they will turn out in the pros.

Bravo.

Elliott 1, you are a walking contradiction.

You use stats to support your argument, yet those same stats disprove your argument. That fact that you are supporting both of your arguments pretty much destroys your credibility. Secondly, you're hyping up a bunch of college players that you have no clue how they will turn out in the pros.

Bravo.

This is a thread about Mike Wallace, the guy who personifies hype, and I'm the one being accused of hype. Well, that takes the cake.

Time for my nap.

This is a thread about Mike Wallace, the guy who personifies hype, and I'm the one being accused of hype. Well, that takes the cake.

Time for my nap.

Sounds like you need a nap to think a little more clearly.

Wallace has legitimate production in the NFL, the COLLEGE players you named do not. There's a huge difference between hype and verifiable production.

You can't judge Wallace solely on last season for several reasons.

1. Big Ben missed quite a few games.
2. Their pass protection was garbage negating Wallace's biggest strength.
3. He wasn't happy with the organization. Most organizational behavior research links poor job performance with being unhappy with your organization. It's proven science.

Only a backwards looking fool would think Wallace is not worth the high price tag. He'd open up the entire offense if the Fins could shore up their pass protection.
You can add to that the fact that they had a new offensive coordinator Todd Haley who doesn't run the same vertical attacking type of offense as Bruce Arians did during Wallace's more productive years.

The more I think about it the more I think we should pass on Wallace. There are plenty of good receivers in the draft that can fill his role. Maybe we pick up Patterson, swope, and another. I'd say that would be near as effective as bringing in Wallace. My problem with Wallace is he is too 1 dimensional. I would like to see us get a more well rounded receivers. Someone who can make catches in traffic, go for jump balls AND blow the top off the D. I dont see why we cant find that with one of our many picks.

I also wouldn't mind seeing us take "shoelace" if he can be had a little later. Being an Ohio State fan I'm forced to follow the Wolverines as well to keep an eye on them, and he is pretty damn elusive and fast. He could be a game breaker in the NFL for sure. Denard in the slot could be scary if combined with a speedster on the edge. So there I guess is the 3 I would take. Patterson, Swope, Robinson. And resign Hartline.

Back
Top Bottom