Mike Wallace Might Sign Contract With Dolphins On Tuesday!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Wallace Might Sign Contract With Dolphins On Tuesday!!

I'm his defense SB Nation is a solid website for teams (I read the Fins team page often) and this is specifically the Steelers page so I Imagine the writer has some kind of connections, HOWEVEVER it still seems to me that it's his opinion this will happen nothing heard from sources. Although it can't be bad that someone plugged in with the Steelers (job is to write about team) feels we land Wallace.

Rewatch the play the defender was holding him and Crabtree then tried to push off because he was straight being held for the whole play. I hate the notion in games that you dont call penalties at certain times, they had no problem calling pass interference on SF when they had them stopped on 3rd down.

For me, it's how it should be when you get in that area of the field. They had 3 tries before that. Honestly I doubt they get in even if they had 5 downs.

If you are the #1 FA why the hell would you sign on the first day. Gonna be a bidding war.

Odds are where ever Wallace signs he will do so within the 1st hour, maybe even the 1st minute of Tuesday 4 PM. He and his agent have been very busy negotiating this deal for at minimum weeks now, at least since the NFL combine. We know for a fact they've been doing so since 12 AM Saturday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are the #1 FA why the hell would you sign on the first day. Gonna be a bidding war.

Because you're the number one free agent. You're the first one everyone calls and its not like the offers are going to get better as teams sign everyone else. Also, as noted, they've had at least a week to hear pitches and the whole offseason so far to look over their options.

The way the NFL free agency market typically works, the longer you're out there, the more you and your agent get worried.

Albert Haynesworth signed his monster deal shortly after FA opened. If Wallace knows he can lock down a contract that NO ONE else is gonna offer, he will absolutely sign shortly after 4 PM on Tuesday.

did you ever think that maybe, just maybe wallace really wants to be a phin?

did you ever think that maybe, just maybe wallace really wants to be a phin?

That would be weird. Last I heard, no one wanted to be a Dolphin. Then again, maybe that was overblown and, anyway, if the money is right a player will go almost anywhere. Even Buffalo.

For me, it's how it should be when you get in that area of the field. They had 3 tries before that. Honestly I doubt they get in even if they had 5 downs.

You shouldnt be able to hold a player for almost 5 yards esp in that end of the field where it would benefit the defense more to hold. Thats a part of the game though refs are human but I seriously think they went with the idiotic NBA mentality. A flag to me is a flag at any point of the game esp when its that flagrant.

That's funny, but wrong, lol.

Not true at all, lol.

Plus, I like Ginn. He made far more plays in his time than Hartline ever has. The issue w. him was where he was drafted and what he was being paid. If he came at the right price, Miami would do well to pick him up right now... did you see how Baltimore FEARED to punt to him at the end of the SB? Flacco even asked the team to leave the sideline and tackle him if need be, lol. He made some plays in the SB that no one on Miami can make, right now.

But Wallace is a more complete WR than Ginn. So never fear, lol.

LD

The fact that you even consider Ginn to be a receiver is a joke. Hartline has made plenty of plays for us, whereas Ginn would bolt for the sideline on the rare occasions that he actually made the catch.

You shouldnt be able to hold a player for almost 5 yards esp in that end of the field where it would benefit the defense more to hold. Thats a part of the game though refs are human but I seriously think they went with the idiotic NBA mentality. A flag to me is a flag at any point of the game esp when its that flagrant.

And I agree if you take that attitude that a flag is a flag then there should have been TWO flags thrown on that play, they both were holding. For me the WR initiated the contact, he ran into the DB. The DB had every right to defend his space. IMO that's what the REF's saw and simply made a judgement call. I have zero issues with it. I really dislike when REF's insert their calls to decide games. NBA officials do it way too often, and I hate it.

Back
Top Bottom