MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

I'd rather play the Rays in the 1st rd than Angels or Boston. Last night was pretty impressive but Percival has to be a concern. In a 5 game series it's really whose the hotter team not necessarily whose the better team. Though winning the division is a big deal so they don't have to play LAA in the 1st rd.

MLB has to do something about the Florida franchises though. It was about a week or so ago and the Marlins had what 600 fans? The Rays aren't drawing fans and they're winning. I know the stadium is considered a dump and the Marlins have a stadium like an hour away. Though c'mon it's a disgrace.

we've drawn a hell of a lot more then last year. no we arent selling out, but fans coming out is going to take more then 1 winning season with an older stadium and newer franchise.

we've drawn a hell of a lot more then last year. no we arent selling out, but fans coming out is going to take more then 1 winning season with an older stadium and newer franchise.

I get that and i'd be willing to bet that next year ticket sales will go up. Still they're 5th worst in attendance. The Marlins though need to be moved or contracted. They're averaging almost 4,000 less fans at a home game than any other team.

Tampa will stay alive until Steinbrenner dies. Once the old man kicks it, that Devil Rays franchise will be on the move. George has a lot of power and he is the reason that franchise was put there and he is the reason that franchise stays there. Much like Ralph Wilson in Buffalo......once the old man goes so will the team. Granted George owns another franchsie, but he wants an AL team in Tampa and as long as he is alive it will stay there. Once he dies,..........good-bye!!

The Marlins if they get a new stadium still won't draw but will stay in Florida a while. Without a new stadium they will be gone within 5 years too.

Baseball doesn't work in Florida. Doesn't mean teams from there can't win ......just that the vast majority of people don't care

Tampa will stay alive until Steinbrenner dies. Once the old man kicks it, that Devil Rays franchise will be on the move. George has a lot of power and he is the reason that franchise was put there and he is the reason that franchise stays there. Much like Ralph Wilson in Buffalo......once the old man goes so will the team. Granted George owns another franchsie, but he wants an AL team in Tampa and as long as he is alive it will stay there. Once he dies,..........good-bye!!

The Marlins if they get a new stadium still won't draw but will stay in Florida a while. Without a new stadium they will be gone within 5 years too.

Baseball doesn't work in Florida. Doesn't mean teams from there can't win ......just that the vast majority of people don't care

smh. thank god your wrong.

anyone think TB isnt capible of winning it all and their not for real?

in boston, with only a half game lead on the division, facing Dice-K and Beckett come through with the series win winning both games in pretty dramatic fashion.

just, amazing.
I would still pick Boston over Tampa Bay in October.

The fact that Josh Beckett may be getting back to form should be a scary thought for any team facing Boston in October. I'll take Beckett over any pitcher in October. He's the best postseason pitcher in the game, and hell
you can tell he's feeling October coming with the way he pitched the last game.

With that said, Boston needs David Ortiz to step it up, and other bats as well.

I would still pick Boston over Tampa Bay in October.

The fact that Josh Beckett may be getting back to form should be a scary thought for any team facing Boston in October. I'll take Beckett over any pitcher in October. He's the best postseason pitcher in the game, and hell
you can tell he's feeling October coming with the way he pitched the last game.

With that said, Boston needs David Ortiz to step it up, and other bats as well.

The Angels have owned Boston this regular season. Though will see if it continues in the postseason. Winning the AL East is big because then teams get to face the White Sox who are playing really bad baseball or the Twins who are also.

If Linebrink is healthy the White Sox have the potential to play 7 inning games as do the Angels. I like the Rays bullpen except Percival who has struggled of late. Papelbon has struggled but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Just on a side not K-Rod will be with the Mets next year but him celebrating every save like he just won the World Series gets real old. He's got great stuff but his motion is violent and maybe risky.

If the Brewers don't make the playoffs it will be a huge collapse. Not the size of the Mets collapse last year but close.

Back
Top Bottom