MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

does make much sense considering you only have to win 4 games to win a 7 game series and if CC and Sheets is unbeatable, they would win 4 games by their selves.

but odds are in a 7 game series one of those 2 will have one off night. In a short series, even with an off night you can still win.

but odds are in a 7 game series one of those 2 will have one off night. In a short series, even with an off night you can still win.

if their that unbeatable their not going to have an off night in only 2 starts.

AL East--NY Yankees
AL Central--Detroit
AL West--Seattle
WILD CARD--Cleveland

NL East--NY Mets
NL Central--Cubs
NL West--Arizona
NL Wild Card--LA Dodgers

ALCS--Seattle over NY Yankees

NLCS---Arizona over NY Mets

WORLD SERIES----Seattle over Arizona[/quote

Dude, the Yanks are 11 games out, R U serious?

does make much sense considering you only have to win 4 games to win a 7 game series and if CC and Sheets is unbeatable, they would win 4 games by their selves.

Yeah but look who they're going to face. Haren/Webb maybe Harden/Zambrano, even Johan and i'd say Pelfrey right now. Those guys can shutdown a lineup so if it comes down to a bullpen i'd take the Cubs. Though guys like Harden and Sheets aren't really known to be the most durable. Even if it comes down to other guys and the top 2 guys split I like Dempster for the Cubs.

The AL is tough, Tampa would go Kazmir/Shields, LAA would probably go Lackey/Santana maybe the Red Sox Beckett/Dice-K the White Sox and Twins probably have no clue how they'd set it up. If I guess it'd go Liriano/Baker for the Twins and Buehrle/Vazquez for the White Sox.

thats my point. pretty much every team this during that time has a CC and Sheets. they are great pitchers, but theres going to be quite a few great ones in the playoffs.

I think a 5 game series gives a weaker team the opportunity to advance. The White Sox and Dodgers are the two teams in contention who I don't believe have a true #1 maybe even the Twins. Though John Danks has been an ace at times this year as has Gavin Floyd and Vazquez can dominate for 5-6 innings.

It's hard to really know what a guy is going to do in the postseason. Maddux and Clemens two of the greats weren't the best postseason pitchers. On the other hand Smoltz who was probably the 3 on those great Braves teams has been dominant. Last year the Indians needed a win from C.C. or Carmona and couldn't get it. A-Rod's the best regular season player when the postseason comes about he just can't hack it. So I think it's more of a wait and see. Those guys have great stuff but some guys can handle pressure and others can't.

John Danks has hit a wall. He isn't the same pitcher right now he was all year.

I think a 5 game series gives a weaker team the opportunity to advance. The White Sox and Dodgers are the two teams in contention who I don't believe have a true #1 maybe even the Twins. Though John Danks has been an ace at times this year as has Gavin Floyd and Vazquez can dominate for 5-6 innings.

It's hard to really know what a guy is going to do in the postseason. Maddux and Clemens two of the greats weren't the best postseason pitchers. On the other hand Smoltz who was probably the 3 on those great Braves teams has been dominant. Last year the Indians needed a win from C.C. or Carmona and couldn't get it. A-Rod's the best regular season player when the postseason comes about he just can't hack it. So I think it's more of a wait and see. Those guys have great stuff but some guys can handle pressure and others can't.

this is true. a lot of new faces will probably be there this year.

John Danks has hit a wall. He isn't the same pitcher right now he was all year.

Most inning's he's ever pitched. His velocity is down and i'm thinking he's going through a dead-arm period.

Carlos Quentin out for the year with a broken wrist. If the Twins weren't playing with their hands around their necks i'd say the season is over. I think this gives K-Rod or Pedroia the MVP.

Sucks for the white sox, they are a fun team to watch. They better hope Paul Konerko returns to his former self to pick up the Quentin slack.

Man the AL playoffs are gonna SUCK this year and be boring. The Red Sox are banged up, the White Sox are banged up, LA is good but nothing exciting to watch, Tampa is the only real "story" in the AL. But the NL playoffs are gonna rock, so many good teams with great starting pitching.

Sucks for the white sox, they are a fun team to watch. They better hope Paul Konerko returns to his former self to pick up the Quentin slack.

Man the AL playoffs are gonna SUCK this year and be boring. The Red Sox are banged up, the White Sox are banged up, LA is good but nothing exciting to watch, Tampa is the only real "story" in the AL. But the NL playoffs are gonna rock, so many good teams with great starting pitching.

Selig's gotta be praying that the Red Sox win the division. Angels vs Red Sox ALCS could be interesting. If the White Sox don't make it and it's Twins vs Rays in the ALDS, i'll watch the game and fans of the Twins and Rays will but I don't think anybody else.

I think Quentin being hurt puts Griffey playing a corner OF position. Swisher's better suited to play 1b but he's still got more range than Griffey.

Pressure goes to Konerko and Griffey, IMO. Dye has been great all year and Thome probably will end up with numbers. Though Konerko who has played better of late and Griffey need to pick up the slack. Crede is hurt also but his back troubles are nothing new. Really going to hurt his value he's got a ton of errors this year. Uribe can't hit anything but atleast he's sound defensively.

Ned Yost should just pull his team off the field and forfeit everytime he brings Gagne into a close game. I think he's living proof that hitters aren't the only ones who excelled because of 'roids.

Paul Konerko spraining his MCL and Carlos Quentin going down could spell disaster for my White Sox.

anyone think TB isnt capible of winning it all and their not for real?

in boston, with only a half game lead on the division, facing Dice-K and Beckett come through with the series win winning both games in pretty dramatic fashion.

just, amazing.

I'd rather play the Rays in the 1st rd than Angels or Boston. Last night was pretty impressive but Percival has to be a concern. In a 5 game series it's really whose the hotter team not necessarily whose the better team. Though winning the division is a big deal so they don't have to play LAA in the 1st rd.

MLB has to do something about the Florida franchises though. It was about a week or so ago and the Marlins had what 600 fans? The Rays aren't drawing fans and they're winning. I know the stadium is considered a dump and the Marlins have a stadium like an hour away. Though c'mon it's a disgrace.

Back
Top Bottom