MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

Brandon Webb is 18-4 and C.C. is combined 14-8. What Sabathia is doing is great. Though I can't justify giving a guy an award for best pitcher in the NL when he wasn't there half the year. Sabathia will make around 7 more starts this year. If he won every start I think he'd get alot of consideration. Though it's still Webb's award to lose. I think Lincecum is the guy who could pose the biggest threat. Team record means alot in the MVP but I don't think it goes into consideration for Cy Young.

When haven't they?

well they didn't go hard after Santana because they didn't want to pay him $150 mill. Believe it or not they do actually try to stay under a budget. Granted a budget that triples most teams but a budget none the less

well they didn't go hard after Santana because they didn't want to pay him $150 mill. Believe it or not they do actually try to stay under a budget. Granted a budget that triples most teams but a budget none the less

I mean props to them for being able to have a budget thats over 200 million but where does it really get them?

Get the farm club going, get younger, keep a few franchise players and start over. Buying a team doesn't work

I mean props to them for being able to have a budget thats over 200 million but where does it really get them?

Get the farm club going, get younger, keep a few franchise players and start over. Buying a team doesn't work

It looks like the streak will end but the Yankees have gone to the playoffs 13 straight years. So while they haven't gotten the end result they have gotten themselves into a position to atleast matter in the playoffs. Other teams do the same thing. It's just the Yankees will coverup a mistake with more money.

In Milwaukee and TB they can build through the farm system and not be relevant for a few years. With the Yankees and Red Sox if they have two or three bad seasons in a row the front office people and manager are losing their jobs.

As part of not trading for Johan I thought it was reported they didn't want to give up Hughes or Kennedy to start rebuilding their farm system.

um the farm club is working fine. Hence Joba and Cano. Along with a bunch of pretty good bullpen arms (Giese, Rameriez...etc)

it has gotten them 6 world series trips and 4 championships in 12 years. That is 1/3 of the last dozen world championships in the sport. And in the playoff every year since 1995. I think whatever they are doing is just fine.

Buying a team does work. Look at Boston and NY. Hate to break it to ya but Ortiz, Manny, Beckett, Lowell, Damon, Pedro, Schilling, and the rest of the Red Sox core didn't come up through the farm system!!! You buy championships these days. It's been proven over and over.

As part of not trading for Johan I thought it was reported they didn't want to give up Hughes or Kennedy to start rebuilding their farm system.

They didn't want to part with those guys AND pay him some $150 mill. That is a hefty price tag to give up a key farm system arm AND then go pay a guy $150 mill. If it was just the money, maybe they do it. Or if it was JUST the arm and a lower price tag, maybe they do it. But not both. That was insane.

That is the same reason Boston didn't do it. Trading players, ok. But then to pay $150 mill on top of that.......crazy

um the farm club is working fine. Hence Joba and Cano. Along with a bunch of pretty good bullpen arms (Giese, Rameriez...etc)

it has gotten them 6 world series trips and 4 championships in 12 years. That is 1/3 of the last dozen world championships in the sport. And in the playoff every year since 1995. I think whatever they are doing is just fine.

Buying a team does work. Look at Boston and NY. Hate to break it to ya but Ortiz, Manny, Beckett, Lowell, Damon, Pedro, Schilling, and the rest of the Red Sox core didn't come up through the farm system!!! You buy championships these days. It's been proven over and over.

LAA are the prototype for building through the farm system. Though unlike other teams they pony up money for guys. Even say a Vlad, Garland, Texiera, Hunter, Matthews Jr, aren't home-grown. Fans want to attack major market teams for spending cash. Though media and other outlets are coming down twice as hard on the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox if they're not good. To put it into perspective if any of the above 3 teams i've mentioned make the playoffs and don't win the WS, it's a dissapointing season. All things considered the Rays or Twins could play with their hands around their necks for the next month and miss the playoffs. Yet I think it'd be considered a successful season.

Jason Bay can be incredible with the Red Sox. Though if they miss the playoffs as good of a player as he is, Epstein will take some for trading Manny. I think people hold A-Rod and his original contract against the Yankees. Though they didn't sign him. The Rangers did.

Francisco Liriano, Boof Bonser, and Joe Nathan for A.J. Pierzynski is one of the worst trades ever. The Twins always seem to be a decent team. I don't believe the Red Sox or the Yankees are going to make the playoffs and thus nobody will watch. I think the matchup that would create the biggest buzz is a White Sox vs Cubs world series. If the White Sox were to win I think they'd be boo'd during their parade.

Carl Pavano passed waivers and can be had. Where will he land?

Heard the only team that wants him is Boston.

Carl Pavano passed waivers and can be had. Where will he land?

Heard the only team that wants him is Boston.

Considering the White Sox don't have a 5th starter i'd take him. I'm guessing the Yankees would want about a bag of bats in return for him, if that.

Considering the White Sox don't have a 5th starter i'd take him. I'm guessing the Yankees would want about a bag of bats in return for him, if that.

pick up the air fare to fly him out to chicago and he's yours

Suddenly the Mets are looking very good. How they fired Willie Randolph was garbage but it was the right move. I know the Cubs are the favorites but they've gotta hope Zambrano is alright. Rich Harden has as good of stuff in baseball but he's real fragile.

I don't think he'd handle it but if the Mets make the playoffs Ped shouldn't be in their rotation.

Suddenly the Mets are looking very good. How they fired Willie Randolph was garbage but it was the right move. I know the Cubs are the favorites but they've gotta hope Zambrano is alright. Rich Harden has as good of stuff in baseball but he's real fragile.

I don't think he'd handle it but if the Mets make the playoffs Ped shouldn't be in their rotation.

In a short series I will take CC and Sheets. They might be un-beatable.

In a 7 game series its anybody's ball game. I don't trust the Mets bullpen to go far. That bunch is horrible!!!!!

Cubs-Brewers NLCS would be great baseball.

In a 7 game series its anybody's ball game. I don't trust the Mets bullpen to go far. That bunch is horrible!!!!!

Cubs-Brewers NLCS would be great baseball.

I'm not a huge fan of the Brewers pen. Even Arizona if they get in has the two guys at the top that could win a short series. I'm not going to write the Phillies or the Dodgers off though because a ton of baseball to be played.

Though Johan vs C.C. game 1 would be great. Webb vs Zambrano would be a great match-up also. I'd put Harden in game 1 but I doubt Lou would do that.

In the AL it's the Angels and everybody else.

does make much sense considering you only have to win 4 games to win a 7 game series and if CC and Sheets is unbeatable, they would win 4 games by their selves.

Back
Top Bottom