MikeO's MLB season predictions | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MikeO's MLB season predictions

I-Rod to the Yanks for Farnsworth is a done deal. The Yanks catchers might not be able to hit a lick, but you ain't running on them too much

Looks like Manny to the Marlins for Hermidea and a bunch of kids will get done as well

not even a bunch of kids, they're saying Hermida, and Jeff Allison. Maybe 1 more player, but it's not Chris Volstad or Sean West, and probably isn't Ryan Tucker.

I can't believe that

This being a family website I will try and say this a nice as possible but Manny is screwing Boston here big-time and in a royal fashion. IF Boston trades him, their everyday lineup takes a huge hit. Hermedia is a nice player, but come on. Even if they then move Hermedia and get Jason Bay like rumors are saying, still. Bay is nice, but he ain't no Manny!!!!!!!

And the Marlins aren't getting off easy here. They are going to trade for a guy then I assume pick up his $20 mill option?????? They are gonna pay this guy next year more than the rest of their team combined????????? I thought these guys have no money??? Another typical Marlins move. Cry poor......woe is me......then go do something stupid like this.

And if they are trading Hermedia to only use Manny for about 8 weeks then plan on letting Manny walk........they are dumber than I thought!!! And if they do that, take this to the bank. Next year Manny will be a Yankee or a Met

This being a family website I will try and say this a nice as possible but Manny is screwing Boston here big-time and in a royal fashion. IF Boston trades him, their everyday lineup takes a huge hit. Hermedia is a nice player, but come on. Even if they then move Hermedia and get Jason Bay like rumors are saying, still. Bay is nice, but he ain't no Manny!!!!!!!

And the Marlins aren't getting off easy here. They are going to trade for a guy then I assume pick up his $20 mill option?????? They are gonna pay this guy next year more than the rest of their team combined????????? I thought these guys have no money??? Another typical Marlins move. Cry poor......woe is me......then go do something stupid like this.

And if they are trading Hermedia to only use Manny for about 8 weeks then plan on letting Manny walk........they are dumber than I thought!!! And if they do that, take this to the bank. Next year Manny will be a Yankee or a Met

Marlins tried to get it switched to Willingham, but they do have some really good OF prospects in the minors (Maybin,Raynor,Stanton,Hickman)

Also latest rumor is a 3-way with Marlins getting Manny, a prospect and $, Bucs getting Hermida/Hammer and prospects, Sox getting Bay and Grawbow

If the ManRam deals falls through atleast I won't have to see Red Sox fans out. Honestly I think half of Red Sox nation came out during 04.

See ya Manny!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Jason Bay is a nice player but a guy who hasn't played a meaningful game in his entire life. Have fun with the pressure of Boston.

Oh and David Ortiz will never get a good pitch to hit again. The Sox didn't just lose Manny today they also lost Ortiz!

Jason Bay is a nice player. It's funny how all the sudden Manny not running out a dp ball is a big deal. Yeah he's a clown in the field. Though he's there best offensive player. In the postseason you need pitching. Though to get to the postseason teams need to mash. Cashman got Pudge for a guy who had a 100$ arm and .01 cent head. Bay is better than Nady but Nady doesn't have to replace the most feared player in a lineup. If the Yankees didn't have those two stiff in their rotation the Red Sox would be done.

Manny being Manny!!!! lol lol lol

It is funny though the 2 games Manny took off last week were vs King Felix and Joba. Too guys who can hit 100mph on the gun. Maybe Manny fears a good fastball at his older age and didn't want to look weak vs those 2 flamethrowers and hurt his value.

Manny being Manny!!!! lol lol lol

It is funny though the 2 games Manny took off last week were vs King Felix and Joba. Too guys who can hit 100mph on the gun. Maybe Manny fears a good fastball at his older age and didn't want to look weak vs those 2 flamethrowers and hurt his value.

Manny is a "different guy." Though with the way Joba's throwing I don't think many teams can hit him. His fastball is good but his breaking stuff vs the Red Sox that game was filthy. As a Yankee fan you're probably happy because I think the Red Sox just eliminated themselves from the playoffs.

Boston ain't eliminated from nothing. Their payroll is EQUAL to the Yanks if you count the Dice-K posting fee on top of them paying Manny's $7 mill salary to play in LA from here on out. That's a posting fee most teams can't afford and a salary for a guy to play for another team most teams can't afford. When your in the $200 mill payroll range.......your never eliminated until the standings say so!!!!!

Plus they have the starting pitching to carry that team. It will be tougher now.....no doubt but I ain't counting them out.

Go Blue. Finally the dodgers get one of the best hitters in the game for nothing.

Boston ain't eliminated from nothing. Their payroll is EQUAL to the Yanks if you count the Dice-K posting fee on top of them paying Manny's $7 mill salary to play in LA from here on out. That's a posting fee most teams can't afford and a salary for a guy to play for another team most teams can't afford. When your in the $200 mill payroll range.......your never eliminated until the standings say so!!!!!

Plus they have the starting pitching to carry that team. It will be tougher now.....no doubt but I ain't counting them out.

Hmm. Instead of spewing forth nothing lets use numbers.

Yankees 2008 Payroll = 209 million

RedSox 2008 Payfoll = 133 million

These numbers include everyone that started the year on the roster including Manny and everyone that was traded.

Yankees got rid of Farsworth(6m) but picked up Nady (3.3m) and Marte (2m) so they saved .5 million.

Sox are paying for Manny already so subtract nothing but pickup Jason Bay for a third of the season at 5.25m so we will call it 2 million more in salary. Hansen and Moss made little so we won't count them.

Yankees = 208.5 million

RedSox = 135.0 million

Posting fees. Actually the posting fee for Dice-K was added to last years payroll since they had to pay it all at once. But lets add the whole 51 million to this years payroll, because you said so.

Yankees = 208.5 million

RedSox = 186.0 million

208.5 - 186 = 22.5 million still not equal or about 11% larger. But wait posting fees makes me remember a Yankee great called Kei Igawa. I haven't seen him pitch much but do remember the Yankee's posting 26 million to get him. If we are gonna add the Dice-K posting to the Sox payroll lets not forget the great Igawa.

Update......

Yankees = 234.5 million

RedSox = 186.0 million

234.5 - 186.0 = 48.5 million or larger than the opening day payrolls of A's, Marlin's, or Rays.

This number represents an figure 21% larger than the Sox payroll, posting fee's included ofcourse. :hi5:

I don't like to get into the numbers. Though with payroll I don't look at it as teams "buying" players. Some GM's jobs are easier than others. I never got the notion that Cashman had such a difficult job. Build a team virtually unlimited funds and win. I wasn't a believer in the Rays. I'm still skeptical but unless you're Matt Millen if you're picking top 5 every year eventually the team should get better. The Yankees get criticized for spending. Though few will go after teams that don't spend. The fact that the difference is more than the payroll of three teams shouldn't just be used to criticize the Yankees. Though teams should spend rather than have owners getting their pockets fat. The Yankees and Red Sox spending money is great for baseball. The Yankees and Red Sox as tiresome as they are, make teams money when they're in the postseason. Espn covering whether David Ortiz has a hang-nail is great for baseball. It sucks for fans of other teams. Though some of these other teams are in business because of the Yankees and Red Sox.

Hmm. Instead of spewing forth nothing lets use numbers.

Yankees 2008 Payroll = 209 million

RedSox 2008 Payfoll = 133 million

These numbers include everyone that started the year on the roster including Manny and everyone that was traded.

Yankees got rid of Farsworth(6m) but picked up Nady (3.3m) and Marte (2m) so they saved .5 million.

Sox are paying for Manny already so subtract nothing but pickup Jason Bay for a third of the season at 5.25m so we will call it 2 million more in salary. Hansen and Moss made little so we won't count them.

Yankees = 208.5 million

RedSox = 135.0 million

Posting fees. Actually the posting fee for Dice-K was added to last years payroll since they had to pay it all at once. But lets add the whole 51 million to this years payroll, because you said so.

Yankees = 208.5 million

RedSox = 186.0 million

208.5 - 186 = 22.5 million still not equal or about 11% larger. But wait posting fees makes me remember a Yankee great called Kei Igawa. I haven't seen him pitch much but do remember the Yankee's posting 26 million to get him. If we are gonna add the Dice-K posting to the Sox payroll lets not forget the great Igawa.

Update......

Yankees = 234.5 million

RedSox = 186.0 million

234.5 - 186.0 = 48.5 million or larger than the opening day payrolls of A's, Marlin's, or Rays.

This number represents an figure 21% larger than the Sox payroll, posting fee's included ofcourse. :hi5:

You know what kind of any idiot you look like posting this!!!!!!! $186 mill and you want sympathy??????? Ok, so your still behind the Yanks a little (oh darn ya got me..lol), but still LIGHT YEARS ahead of every other team!!!

THANKS FOR PROVING MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom